Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Birth A.D.

Birth A.D.
October 21, 2009, 01:13:57 PM

1) BIRTH A.D. is shooting a video, and we need your help to pack the club Headhunters and make it as insane as possible.

2) The shoot is Monday, November 9th, from 7-9pm. BIRTH A.D. will play a short set immediately after, so stick around - we need you for that too!

3) FREE BEER - when you show up, say you're there for the video. You'll get a wristband for free beer while it lasts, and well drink specials all evening! **you must be 21 to attend**

4) Bring EVERYONE - we don't care if we know you, and we don't care if you don't know the band. This isn't a private party! Come drink our free beer and be in a video! Tell your friends to do the same!

5) Headhunters is located at 720 Red River St, Austin, TX 78701, (512) 236-0188.

BIRTH A.D. live in San Antonio, TX
January 02, 2010, 03:37:53 AM
Just announced - BIRTH A.D. will headline at the Ten Eleven Club in San Antonio on Saturday, January 9th. They will appear in place of HOD, who was forced to cancel. The lineup includes death-thrashers Exmortus, Vektor, and Texas' own Hexlust. Come early, stay late!

http://birthad.com/

Re: BIRTH A.D. live in San Antonio, TX
July 07, 2010, 02:50:33 PM
Birth A.D. launches store with MP3s, CDs, tshirts and vinyl for sale.

http://birthad.bandcamp.com/

Re: Birth A.D.
February 03, 2011, 10:09:49 PM
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2011/02/sign-them-already-birth-a-d/

Glad Birth A.D. are getting press, but that blog is a hipster magnet. The writer seems to be able to think OK, but most blog posts there are whoring for industry shills and say basically nothing. He should have gotten some training before attempting to "write" also. Hint: it's not about changing up the vocab every two lines to sound like NPR.

February 08, 2011, 06:36:40 PM
The guys in Birth AD are just too damn old for thrash, they don't have that youthful vibe, are from an older generation and it shows in their attitude and aesthetics. If anyone is going to cause a thrash resurgence, it's going to be some 15 to 20 year old kids with a lot of spirit who have no idea what they're doing. This might be cool for you old people but those born in the 90's aren't seeing anything new here.

February 08, 2011, 07:49:21 PM
This might be cool for you old people but those born in the 90's aren't seeing anything new here.

Speak for yourself.  I fucking love Birth A.D. (as do all of the Hessians I know).

February 09, 2011, 04:43:49 AM
The guys in Birth AD are just too damn old for thrash, they don't have that youthful vibe, are from an older generation and it shows in their attitude and aesthetics. If anyone is going to cause a thrash resurgence, it's going to be some 15 to 20 year old kids with a lot of spirit who have no idea what they're doing. This might be cool for you old people but those born in the 90's aren't seeing anything new here.

You're totally right! Bands like Bonded By Blood and Skeletonwitch are going to lead metal to a new Renaissance!

February 09, 2011, 01:30:14 PM
This might be cool for you old people but those born in the 90's aren't seeing anything new here.

Speak for yourself.  I fucking love Birth A.D. (as do all of the Hessians I know).

Agreed.

February 09, 2011, 08:34:31 PM

I think you're trollsk but in case not: what does the age of the players matter? If they're 15 and it's good, or if they're 45 and it's good, do we care?

February 13, 2011, 12:51:56 AM
I think you're trollsk but in case not: what does the age of the players matter? If they're 15 and it's good, or if they're 45 and it's good, do we care?
I think you're homosk but in case not: I know I may have implied I don't like Birth AD in my post, I do enjoy Birth AD and I think they are reasonably talented musicians. However I believe that Thrash is juvenilia, and the spirit that thrash projects is only possessed by those under 20 or so. What Birth AD has created sounds more like death, speed, and thrash thrown into the blender with an (at least aesthetic) emphasis on the thrash.

By the way, what does trollsk mean to you? I'm not trying to be Mr. I. Conoclast but could it be deliberately disagreeing with the consensus of a particular community? I've been getting similar comments on this forum. I don't see what is so inconceivable about saying I think that people lose a certain spirit after 21 that it has to be some sort of joke or bait.

February 13, 2011, 01:01:29 AM

I think that people lose a certain spirit after 21

This merits a new thread.

February 13, 2011, 01:23:30 AM
Listening to Birth A.D. it sounds like the vocals pull punches. Just listen to the cover of Blow Up the Embassy. Where FIFH had the feel of smoldering your enemies to heat up your bath water, "thrash to show off your cock and AK to the neighbors," since the phallus represents your coming future and the AK is the tool of destruction,  Birth A.D. sounds like their whining and thrashing for mere destruction. DRI would be in the same boat as FIFH and Birth A.D. just falls short of their spirit in this way.