Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Swine flu: time to panic yet?

Swine flu: time to panic yet?
October 24, 2009, 12:40:07 AM
Nearly 5,000 people have reportedly died from swine flu since it emerged this year and developed into a global epidemic, the World Health Organization said Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091023/ap_on_bi_ge/un_who_swine_flu;_ylt=anus.com/metal

Only 5,000?

Meanwhile, swine flu is more widespread now than it's ever been, and has resulted in more than 1,000 U.S. deaths so far. Flu illnesses are as widespread now as they are at the winter peak of normal flu seasons, said CDC Director Dr. Thomas Frieden.

"Many millions" of Americans have had swine flu so far, according to an estimate he gave at a Friday press conference. Frieden updated some other estimates, too, saying there have been more than 20,000 hospitalizations. Nearly 100 swine flu deaths in children have been reported, CDC officials also said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091023/ap_on_he_me/us_med_swine_flu;_ylt=anus.com/metal

Only 1,000?

Nature has a habit of throwing at us seeming contenders that end up hopeless. AIDS, Ebola, SARS... the list of disappointments goes on. Is swine flu going to be another blowout, or a feast of corpses? I'm hoping the latter, especially as it'll make my raw materials futures more valuable.

Re: Swine flu: time to panic yet?
October 24, 2009, 01:36:55 AM
I know a bunch of people who have had it, it's no more dangerous than the average flu.  As far as I know no one has died of it without an underlying cause.

October 24, 2009, 02:26:40 AM
I believe it is mostly a lot of industry funded media hype to get people to line up to buy an extra vaccination this year. If they can train the panicky herd to see any molehill as a mountain, they've pretty much successfully forged invisible slaver's chains for the gullible. Yeah, the problem is that not nearly enough of this gullible, fearful and stupid gene expression is dying off.

Unfortunately the invisible chains won't be used for eugenics purposes for betterment, but to milk the cattle perpetually. So, the libertarian anti- NWO types are basically right, but for the worst reasons. Maybe some of the depopulation, pro-ecology globalists should take the reigns here.

October 24, 2009, 05:03:33 AM
I believe it is mostly a lot of industry funded media hype to get people to line up to buy an extra vaccination this year. If they can train the panicky herd to see any molehill as a mountain, they've pretty much successfully forged invisible slaver's chains for the gullible. Yeah, the problem is that not nearly enough of this gullible, fearful and stupid gene expression is dying off.
I really think that's what it is, scamming people they need to get that or they'll get sick and die.

I wouldn't get anything like that anyways, I don't trust vaccines.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://last.fm/user/ckyheather7

October 24, 2009, 05:41:25 AM
Haha. The people that died probably died of pneumonia, not the flu virus.

The one thing that they never advise anyone to do during flu season is to get vitamins into your system. They want to push little vaccines or hope it'll go away.

We take the "Fortified with Vitamin C, etc" for granted in all of our processed foods and assume they'll foot the bill for our malnourished bodies.

The next best thing anyone can do to prevent or endure an infection is to get plenty of Vitamin C and D (Vitamin D3). I'm no doctor, but people swear by it.

I'll leave these here for my comrades to decide for themselves:
Dr. Mercola - Vitamin D, not flu shots
Epidemic Influenza And Vitamin D
Low Vitamin D Levels Linked To Colds

October 24, 2009, 06:06:05 AM
All I've seen in recent weeks as the temperatures drop during the autumn months are more and more vaccination ads leering up at every corner of the local groceries and pharmacies. This definitely has to have some sort of monetary gain from it, seeing as how ten times the amount of paper is being used this year than last for advertisement.

October 24, 2009, 06:39:06 AM
It is(was?) considered an epidemic because of its rapid spread, and resistance to containment - not because of its lethality. Of course, the droves of limpid-eyed cattle hear a word as loaded by movies and fear of authority as "epidemic," and they panic. "SAVE US!" Actions speak louder than words - despite inundating themselves in a society designed to stroke their egos, they intuitively recognize that they actually are weak, so when confronted with a perceived threat, they have no choice but to appeal to the authority they claim to be evil and unnecessary. Mass media lives and dies by its reliance on shock, and on pure numbers("no such thing as bad publicity"), so it panders to the lumpenprole scare - and the two feed off each other. Medical industry making money off such a thing hardly seems, or even needs, to be a cause - people are too stupid to require fooling.

In the meantime, despite the panicky, voluminous bleating, death rates remain stable, and nothing of note happens. Flowers wilt and seeds germinate, just as they have for eons.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

October 25, 2009, 05:12:54 PM
The one thing that they never advise anyone to do during flu season is to get vitamins into your system. They want to push little vaccines or hope it'll go away.

We take the "Fortified with Vitamin C, etc" for granted in all of our processed foods and assume they'll foot the bill for our malnourished bodies.

The next best thing anyone can do to prevent or endure an infection is to get plenty of Vitamin C and D (Vitamin D3). I'm no doctor, but people swear by it.

I agree highly with that, that's really you're best bet to help avoid colds or the flu. That's why I always take advantage during this time of the year, drinking milk(especially vitamin D milk), orange juice and anything else that contains a good amount of vitamin D or C.

I strongly recommend you completely remove both from your diet:

- Dairy is a can of worms I'd rather not open right now, so I'll keep it simple: cow milk is for young calf to drink.
 - Commercially produced orange juice is a solution of pasteurized orange concentrate in water which is worlds away from a fresh orange. Pasteurization will destroy natural enzymes that allow you to properly digest most vegetables and fruit. Essentially, you think you're drinking orange juice, but you're drinking what is pretty much orange-flavored fructose water.

Therefore, I recommend the following substitutes:

Vitamin D - Sunlight exposure is not an option during the winter, so go for cod liver oil. Suck it up and swallow two spoonfuls daily and you'll get used to and even learn to love the taste in no time.
Vitamin C - Green leafy vegetables. Kale and broccoli will do you good. I would stay pretty much clear of tropical fruit unless your ancestors grew up on it - and even if so, I'd make sure to keep it to a minimum. Also, there's always an option of properly bloody raw meat, but that kind of a diet is not something you jump into lightly - even if it's one of the best things you can do for your health.

October 25, 2009, 05:32:25 PM
- Dairy is a can of worms I'd rather not open right now, so I'll keep it simple: cow milk is for young calf to drink.

What you said about pasteurization interests me because milk doesn't agree with many, and this process could be a reason. Surely fresh, untreated milk is not a problematic food in itself (for many peoples it hasn't been for centuries).
Cod liver oil is indeed precious; but if you're going to try it, take care to buy fresh oil and freeze/cool it.
Whatever you honor above all things, that which you so honor will have dominion over you.

October 25, 2009, 11:22:56 PM
I will vouch for the vitamin c, as my fiance had lung cancer and she took vitamin c treatments with amazing results.

As far as the milk issue is concerned, and mind you I speak from a traditional stand point, I myself only drink milk with cappuccino(never after a meal for digestion issues) and that is pretty much it. I eat some dairy products such as cheese but rarely. What I meant about the traditional stand point, even though I am in America, my diet is based on the italian diet (NOT the italian american!): a great balance of all the foods to keep you healthy.

And as a side note concerning the healthcare issue, I am very proud to say that the italian system is great and could be an example. All poltical issues aside, as least Italy has this issue under control...

November 02, 2009, 01:30:31 AM
I don't trust vaccines.

Paranoid.

The next best thing anyone can do to prevent or endure an infection is to get plenty of Vitamin C and D (Vitamin D3). I'm no doctor

No, the best thing for prevention would be to get vaccinated.  Another good thing is to keep your immune system strong, which vitamins help to do.

This definitely has to have some sort of monetary gain from it, seeing as how ten times the amount of paper is being used this year than last for advertisement.

There was no H1N1 last year.

I'm surprised at how many conspiracy theorists there are here.

November 02, 2009, 02:58:33 AM

Quote from: Ganto
There was no H1N1 last year.

Sure there was, it just wasn't in the pandemic stage as it is now ergo, not as important for media exposure... also, I was referring to the normal flu vaccination advertisement they do annually, and how this year its been in-your-face, due to the new subtype of H1N1.... What I was originally aiming for was this new subtype of H1N1 being a new scare tactic used to frighten people into getting vaccinated, and the amount of advertisement for the vaccines having to have some kind of financial gain to pay for all this paper its wasting for prevention of what is just the common flu really, weak people die, strong people survive... maybe nature finally found something that will work this time, if only AIDS had a better chance.

November 02, 2009, 01:12:43 PM
Stating what you 'believe' isn't exactly how this forum works. Typically, the objective is to make posts that contribute to the thread. If you're uneducated in a thread topic, it's best to not post in that thread topic. Read peer-reviewed journal articles for better understanding. Note that many articles relating to H1N1, due to its proliferation in the media, many articles that should not have been published have been published solely for renown/tenure.

Avian Flu
Spanish Flu(subtype of H1N1)
etc.
etc.

November 02, 2009, 03:58:18 PM
I'll show you a conspiracy theory:
I think you're part of the CIA trying to get us to take the vaccines to put microchips inside of well-meaning citizens! I don my tin-foil hat and await your arrival! You won't take me without a fight, young troll!

But in actuality, IF you read what we were posting, you'd have realized that:

• The flu vaccine is useless and potentially harmful - Show us your proof that the flu vaccine actually does anything at all, or that it is useful!
  • Vitamins bolster the immune system - This has been proven many times.