Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The truth about dating

Re: The truth about dating
February 27, 2010, 09:22:00 PM
Be an active, dominant, violent, agressive and smart asshole and women will love you. Do unexpected and "daring" actions that most men will not do, and they will love you. Their mentality is as simple as that.

These behaviors DO attract women. I know from experience. ;)

What no one mentions is that they usually do not attract women of above average intelligence and character.

I take a good look at my fellow men... and at myself especially. Do you know what I see?

I see a bunch of would-be thinkers, warriors, leaders, and heroes playing around.

Playing around with immature women. Playing excess video games. Excess drug use. Walking around with silly titles and non-fulfilling achievements... but feeling empty inside.

I can feel the "quiet desperation" all around me.

... We need to heal our spirit. We need... a goal.

February 27, 2010, 09:59:49 PM
Yes, these behaviours do tend to attract some silly women. But be not misled, into thinking smart woman don't fall for that. It's in their minds, they're all the same. There can be a smart woman, responsible, well read, who has a intelligent man, put a guy doing the things I mentioned, and she will feel atracted to him (not sayin she would cheat [many do], but certainly feel atracted). Or, that same woman, having a divorce, guess what type of guy whe will run to and find attractive in her new single life?

I'm not tying to devalue woman, I'm saying, if you some day have a hot wife, intelligent, beautiful, good family, and marry you, and then some guy younger and prettier than you comes along, be viril, dominant, and daring, she will get wet for him. (most of the times). I think the possibility of finding woman who wouldn't feel this way, may be the same of finding married men who never cheat.

But they do exist.

Anyone agrees with me?

February 28, 2010, 12:55:10 AM
then some guy younger and prettier than you comes along, be viril, dominant, and daring

He would have a knife in his back in less than two seconds.  This is my fucking turf, and I am King, here.

February 28, 2010, 03:42:49 AM
I'm not tying to devalue woman, I'm saying, if you some day have a hot wife, intelligent, beautiful, good family, and marry you, and then some guy younger and prettier than you comes along, be viril, dominant, and daring, she will get wet for him. (most of the times). I think the possibility of finding woman who wouldn't feel this way, may be the same of finding married men who never cheat.

But they do exist.
Yeah, they exist. They're called nuns, and they're fucking boring. Finding a woman who doesn't feel that is more like finding a man who doesn't like to be a master. I.e. there is something wrong with her.

What's wrong with a woman being attracted to a person who is attractive? This is the way things are. I know I wouldn't want my involvement with a woman to be due to her being turned off by virility, strength, and will. Think about what that would actually mean.

February 28, 2010, 04:13:04 AM
Dating almost always seemed to be the last thing in my mind throughout my teenage years. I questioned the possibility of finding a suitable mate by means of casual conversation with intentions of a relationship, as most of my peers would do.. but found the entire concept of modern courtship to be very shallow and pointless...

However, I always socialized with members of the opposite sex with ease.. the problem with dating is that it is now seen as a very impersonal ordeal, two people meeting each other, go out a few times, have forgetful sex, and grow tired of each other because neither of them really cared in the first place.. they go their separate ways, repeat process.. not saying this is what always happens, but its a common thing to have vacant relationships with a handful of people, and repeatedly fail at it.

Finding a friend is more important first, make pacts and secure your emotions with each other before moving forth with a relationship.. if you find a girl who states "well I just want to be your friend" It's either an easy way of saying "you are a loser, with long gross hair and a small penis, and I will use you as my 'unique' friend" or "I am emotionally unstable and have no other friends who will listen to me complain about irrelevant life drama" Ditch them, they are parasitic in nature.. Find a girl who manages to foresee themselves as the center of the Universe in favor of a more earthly approach.. this is of course unless you want to just get drunk and laid LOL :brofist:

Also, there are just people who are entirely concerned with themselves as well.. I will use an example of a friend in question, who treats women with complete abjuration. They almost always consistently fall for his distaste for them as a joke... at glance he appears to be a likable individual, uses strong words.. complete with a good mix of individuality/conforming ideals that sound as sweet as pie to the ear of the unbeknown. He literally has girls lined up for his choosing, but never moves forth with a relationship... a few things come to mind here.. fear is out of the question since he obviously shows no sort of real emotion for any of these girls in question, thus no commitment issues or personal problems.. as long as they give him the attention he craves, he seems to be content with his situation... almost like playing hard to get, but a guy? Odd.

Which brings me to Conservationist's first post.. I too, fear that people now do not have souls.

February 28, 2010, 08:04:55 AM
Most people would like to have stars as mates, so simple. But in the market, they construct emotional reasons to conform with their "buying" capabilities: "is not Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie but I love his/her personality". Lies.

It takes intelligence to value intelligence, it takes maturity to value maturity. People just like the dopamine of love and the trade of flattery, instead of facing their own solitudes first.

Screw that. I search for Agapē first, and only then, Eros.

February 28, 2010, 08:53:09 AM
Most people would like to have stars as mates, so simple. But in the market, they construct emotional reasons to conform with their "buying" capabilities: "is not Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie but I love his/her personality". Lies.

LOL what? Do you leave the house much? That's basically something that you read on any one of those 'I'm different because I'm smart but don't get any' blogs. I've never seen this reaction, or emotional response, or however you would like to put it in a real life circumstance.

Too many blanket statements in this thread with little to back them up.

February 28, 2010, 01:29:22 PM
Screw that. I search for Agapē first, and only then, Eros.

This.

OH SO THIS.

February 28, 2010, 05:44:29 PM

LOL what? Do you leave the house much? That's basically something that you read on any one of those 'I'm different because I'm smart but don't get any' blogs. I've never seen this reaction, or emotional response, or however you would like to put it in a real life circumstance.

Too many blanket statements in this thread with little to back them up.

Luc Ferry proposes that "love" is an invention which is proper of modern society and the born of capitalism: where traditional man sought for the love of God first, flirt and infatuation came to a second place. With the arrival of modernity, eros became in first place. Something that Eva Illouz finds in Consuming the Romantic Utopia is that this "love" is an extension of late capitalism bringing as result a wide set of commodities and products to improve "love experience" and to increase "sex appeal" which is basically some kind of profitability in a sexual level, with a superstructural edification of "romance".

Now, don't trust this blog reader who can't get any, get out of your couch, and see for yourself: how many people trade their frustrations and needs and surpluses with each other? and... how many will recognize and will not hide it as "love"?

That's the truth about dating, most people don't have souls.

March 01, 2010, 12:02:34 AM
Get off your own couch and stop reading books... and ask yourself how many people do not do these things?

March 01, 2010, 02:21:29 AM
I personally try to do everything the opposite as you're supposed to just to see if I can actually get a girl. I'll insult the girl, talk about how badly I have treated other girls I've been with, point out all her flaws, insinuate that she is worthless, tell her I don't want a relationship, etc. I still fuck them and they keep wanting more. I really haven't figured out why this happens. Maybe it's because all these girls have been uglier than me(they have been), or my self-confidence, or the fact that I never self-deprecate in any situation. But there is for sure a lot more involved than just what you say/do involved in hooking up. One thing I have noticed is that all the PUA articles I have ever read are well-written and thought out. They are clearly written by smart people. Maybe intelligence is a major consideration for women or maybe smart people just notice how easy it is to get women. All I can say is that I got a blow job while playing piano because the girl said that smart people play piano.

March 01, 2010, 05:30:39 AM
Get off your own couch and stop reading books... and ask yourself how many people do not do these things?

Very few perhaps? And that's why some people here affirms that  most people have no souls. Relationships are more and more neurotic, fast-fucks unable to make a compromise, failed marriages and dysfunctional families that confused dopamine and mutual flattery with love. Very few people do not do these things.

March 01, 2010, 06:53:48 AM
You sound like you've been looking in all the wrong places, and you've been screwed a few too many times!

March 01, 2010, 07:18:47 AM
How I sound or my experience is not of importance, although following your line of thought, I know good places and had good experiencies, but I know that they are scarce in comparison to the wrong places. Can we agree in this?

March 01, 2010, 08:06:06 AM
My advice: Don't date anyone with mental problems and run away as soon as you find out. Bipolars, anorexics, self-harmers, borderlines, drug addicts and so on, just run, you can't save them and you can never trust them (unfortunately, I find myself attracted to these types, perhaps because I find them more interesting than the neurotypicals you find parading the local mall).

The "no souls" comment is interesting, I thought this a few months ago while listening to an older, drunk woman with worn out, leathery skin and a bitter complexion talking to her son about her miserable life and drinking and so on. I thought to myself, there is no way this woman is conscious, she is just flesh and bones and therefore her existence is only burdensome.