Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Leben ist Kampf

Leben ist Kampf
November 05, 2009, 06:14:45 PM

Modern society teaches to avoid stressful situations (conflict in any and all forms) to prevent the mentally, emotionally, and physically strong from rising above the weak. This creates a perfect labor and consumer force of individuals who cannot even stand up to each other and admit their actual convictions and ideas. While training us all into a uniform and mediocre mass, they simultaneously tell us that the individual's greatest concern is itself, and that is must do everything in it's power to gain more material wealth at the expense of everything else.

This mixing of desires manufactures a neurotic population with little want or ability to do much besides buy things and pleasure themselves. They seek to avoid all conflict while simultaneously attempting to work as much as possible to accumulate objects and the means by which to pleasure themselves. What we end up with is a population of people who, tired of the rat race, simply do nothing, bored and wasting away, or devote all of their time to it, creating immense amounts of pressure on themselves and either self-destructing or widdling down into nothing.

One has to wonder what would happen if those who saw through the rat race, didn't give up, but instead worked against the tide to change the current state of things. Imagine a population with a clear goal in mind with their priorities straight. Or better yet, a legion of hessians who, rather than sitting in their rooms and feeling sorry for themselves and in despair for the state of things, were out in the world, educating others, creating culture and ideas worth having around, and feeling positive (I know this is a foreign term to most of us here) about life and their role in it. Hmm...

Re: Leben ist Kampf
November 05, 2009, 09:37:53 PM
Und Kampf ist Freude!

Or better yet, a legion of hessians who, rather than sitting in their rooms and feeling sorry for themselves and in despair for the state of things, were out in the world, educating others, creating culture and ideas worth having around, and feeling positive (I know this is a foreign term to most of us here) about life and their role in it. Hmm...

This is where I whore a bit:

http://www.anus.com/metal/hall/index.php/topic,6879.0.html

Now, few of you live in Toronto, or Canada for that matter.  However, we've gotten users from the ANUS forum involved in this, myself included.  I know many forum users here that are also heavily involved in their communities and attempting great things.  Someone who considers themselves a Hessian and understands what that means, actively seeks struggle and challenge.