Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Militarism, Masculinity, Metalheads

Re: Militarism, Masculinity, Metalheads
December 09, 2009, 12:45:45 AM
Human emotional life / our existence as experienced by ourselves.

December 09, 2009, 02:59:33 AM
It is obvious that this is just an attempt at poetic *interpretation* of reality. Not that I object to this, but artistic interpretations of the world (of which there are MANY!) do not merit the epistemological standards i would assign to the word "is". Reality *is not* a heavy metal song. Varg might disagree since he spent most of his life dreaming he were in pagan europe, but Kant, Plato, Hegel, Heraclitus (Read fragment 1 only) would all agree. Nietzsche might not though, I admit - but in so doing he would have to discredit the scientific darwinian influences on his thought, which people seem to get all excited about. Further, Nietzsche wouldn't have given two vomits for underground metal I presume, since he had contempt for even Wagner (but that is beside the point - needed saying anyhow). If life were a heavy metal song we wouldn't need heavy metal songs.

Your main set of ideas here seems to be "there are other interpretations than those which ANUS has".  I don't think anyone denies this.

Perhaps I wanst too clear. my main argument is that there are: (1) many aesthetic interpretations, which im sure no one denies but it still invalidates the claim that reality is essential a heavy metal song. and one (2) scientific interpretation that would take precedence over all aesthtic interpretation id argue by virtue of being a rational articulation of the laws of the world in a way that music cannot describe reality. Ofcourse this brings us into the domain of philosophy of science namely does science provide a more accurate account of the world than art and from what I know Id argue yes, which is why I made the post.

The purpose of art is to celebrate life, as were the more symbolic natures of the religion of Hellenic and Vedic religion.  It is not a fact discerning tool, as science is.

December 20, 2010, 07:38:23 AM
You can do all the studying, meditating, practice, and LARPing you want but it doesn't mean a goddamn thing until you put your ass on the line. The reasons are irrelevant. That's all I've got to say, faggots. ;)

December 20, 2010, 08:41:52 AM
Right, and you've been to Iraq for three tours, killed 27 people, some maybe innocent, like my friend has, right? You don't sound more authoritative by sounding retarded.

December 20, 2010, 06:25:05 PM
You can do all the studying, meditating, practice, and LARPing you want but it doesn't mean a goddamn thing until you put your ass on the line. The reasons are irrelevant. That's all I've got to say, faggots. ;)

Fuck this. You don't need to go into the military to prove you're a man. In fact, until the USA shapes up, I would rather go to prison than fight for this diseased country. A close friend joined the military and is now in a state of mental chaos as he was abused both verbally and physically. Just look up PTSD in today's military, and see how "honorable" the USA's armed forces are. Pathetic.

February 23, 2013, 06:32:41 AM
I have a question, dudes.

If I were to sign on for reserves, would I be stuck for that entire guard and never do any other service? I certainly would not be able to do service for any other branch at that point. What kind of pay does that bring? American mercenary service would be appreciated, similar to Frenchies Foerign Legion without the citizenship; a dollar a bullet per head and one more when your dead. Return back home with that enigma. Think of the kills as commission pay.

As reserves I am free to live anywhere in America though close to whatever tragic military base gets bombed. I wonder how they allow you to choose where it is you will guard. Do they only need a written mailing address?

Absolute bullshit, my most recent aquentance at Army recruiting tells me no Airborne reserves. As if I'll believe America doesn't need more parachutes dropping death in the next few months.

You can do all the studying, meditating, practice, and LARPing you want but it doesn't mean a goddamn thing until you put your ass on the line. The reasons are irrelevant. That's all I've got to say, faggots. ;P

How many tears are shed in Hell by true men who truly kill?? None.

Wish more pics were like this one on the internet. [spoiler]A good art. Many qualities to just one still.
I've been meaning to find this one photo on teh(would honestly think I type or is it subconcious, perhaps an error; have I forgotten you, or is it another error) internnet for some time, though I just can't remember it. I believe the setting was Dante's circle of Wrath, with Dante yet again on a boat sailing over the blood and viscera. The thing I found striking was that there were men and women upon that boat. One woman was being pulled by multiple men, One man grabbing her arm while he himself is concealed behind many others attacking eachthemselves, and the prominent man in the beforeground pulling her by the hair. There is one demon lashing the woman in prominence. I can not see any beauty behind the woman being grabbed.
I will have to find the book I discovered the photo back at the library if this black and whit sketch, oh for it really fucking was, will tell me who created it. I know of a Gustave French man from around 1830 who drew much of The Divine Comedy. If I could peraps know it, this will all be unnecessary.[/spoiler]

February 23, 2013, 06:37:25 AM
Human emotional life / our existence as experienced by ourselves.

Emotion and Veritas. Sense and time. Thought before word.

March 12, 2013, 05:43:49 PM
Does being militant necessarily mean that one has to be a part of a military? Perhaps one could just live their life in a militant fashion. I can think of a number of cases and occupations were It could be useful to approach things like a Front line solider.