Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Burzum - Belus (March 2010)

Re: New Burzum album info
December 23, 2009, 08:10:56 PM
ehhh, frankly I'm happy with the name change.  it just screamed "look at me, aren't I provocative?"  I generally agree with a "no compromise" way of thinking or attitude, but in this case I think you concede that battle to win the war.  I have a very intelligent and creative "liberallish" friend who has been coming around to black metal and more traditional and nationalist ways of thinking.  He really likes Burzum.  I was not looking forward to telling him that the new Burzum album is translated as "The White God."  I don't think it would have turned him off in the sense of "OMG - racism!' it would have just turned him off in the sense of "wow that's cheesy and desperate."

I would like to think that ultimately "cooler heads prevailed."

December 28, 2009, 12:47:18 AM
http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.asp?ex=fitem&verb=F&target=BYE001CD

BYE001CD almost the same than when it were cymophane

February 04, 2010, 04:26:40 AM
Samples here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belus/dp/B0036Y88YW

If you ask me: it's as bad as the new Immolation.

February 04, 2010, 05:37:18 AM
As I said on the blog, the best that can be said at this point is that you could draw a random 30 second clip from a lot of Burzum songs and get something that seems pretty dull, so I'm going to start hearing some whole songs before I feel confident passing judgment.  At the same time, it does stretch credulity to think that they really could pick the 30 worst seconds of 75% of the songs (tracks 4 and 8 seem slightly more promising on the surface) on a good album for the sampler without putting some effort into it...

February 04, 2010, 07:54:34 AM
Samples are already pretty amazing, immediatley felt like the old days (no surprise, Varg said that many of these are unreleased old tracks). Can't wait to hear the full length tracks.

February 04, 2010, 08:21:13 AM
Samples here:

My immediate reaction was "Sounds like early Gorgoroth, later Emperor combined..  Varg trying layered riffs?" But with a bedroom production quality. Should probably wait for the release in its entirety. It'd really be a let down if Varg used Pro Tools.

February 04, 2010, 08:48:46 AM
If any man should attempt to criticize "Belus" based on 30 sec samples, he should be thoroughly patronized for his obviously Jewish behavior.

February 04, 2010, 09:16:25 AM
Conservationist has a big thing about how it's going to suck, and/or sound like Venom (LOL irony), so of course he's going to jump on the first opportunity to say so.

From the samples, this is going to be fucking awesome.  The vocals fit the "new sound", which I would say is almost something like Hvis Lyset Tar Oss + the best bits of Borknagar's first album, oddly.  Tracks like Glemselens Elv, Keilohesten, and Morgenroede, are just... Even from the samples, they're some of the best bits of music I've heard.  I'm literally choking on my own trachea, waiting for this.

MLK

February 04, 2010, 01:16:11 PM
Samples here:

pretty dreadful.

sounds like borknagar at best and retro thrash at worst.

MLK

February 04, 2010, 01:26:33 PM
It'd really be a let down if Varg used Pro Tools.
Using Protools in itself isnt a bad thing. nothing wrong with using software sequencers/recorders if you know what you're doing, even if you play black metal. The chances that Varg wouldve learnt to use one in prison though are pretty slim. For that reason I had a hunch beforehand that the production would be cookie-cutter, bedroom band sound.

February 04, 2010, 01:57:19 PM
Belus sounds like it is going to be just another norsecore album.

February 04, 2010, 02:38:16 PM
If any man should attempt to criticize "Belus" based on 30 sec samples, he should be thoroughly patronized for his obviously Jewish behavior.

racits!!1!

February 04, 2010, 03:16:51 PM

racits!!1!

Amazing.  Well done, man - that was fucking awesome :D

I'm listening again, and the effect, though diminished, is still awesome.  For some reason, the songs are better if you listen to them one after the other.

February 04, 2010, 03:24:04 PM
This is not going to be good.  It won't be terrible, but it'll be mediocre, right in line with most of the other new albums from older bands.

February 04, 2010, 04:12:44 PM
For some reason, the songs are better if you listen to them one after the other.

As opposed to all at the same time? ;)

I'm unimpressed after 1 listen. Sounded formulaic and phoned-in. (Oy vey...)