Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

New INCANTATION interview @ Peacedogman

New INCANTATION interview @ Peacedogman
December 06, 2009, 09:55:00 PM
I just think if you are just true to yourself and learn how to tap into your inner feelings and express them with music, it's there. I just don't think everybody looks at music from their soul, but when you do everything just falls into place. There were many bands that I really felt a connection with musically, but two of them that really tapped into my darker side were when I first heard NECROVORE, and also the first time I saw MORBID ANGEL play live back in 1988. That live experience really helped me develop as a songwriter.

http://www.peacedogman.com/ptiincant.htm

A recent discussion with John McEntee covers decades of death metal madness, from his times in Revenant to the massive discography of Incantation and his quality label Ibex Moon Records.

Re: New INCANTATION interview @ Peacedogman
December 07, 2009, 11:19:17 PM
Thanks. 

December 08, 2009, 07:46:30 AM
Good interview.

McEntee is dead-on with most of his comments:

To me nothing can compare to the times of tape trading and paper zines. I know it sounds crazy to new kids but back in the day we had to work hard for metal. We did not have everything at our fingertips and we always had to spend our hard earned money and take chances buying records or mailing money for demos or fanzines all across the world. But the reward was great. It really made you appreciate everything that you spend your money on. Back in the 80's and early 90's I remember getting fanzines and always reading them cover to cover and always felt like I learned more about some new great band that I haven't heard of before. I mean MySpace and MP3s help spread music quicker but also cheapens it at the same time. I know that if I bought a demo and had to wait four or five weeks for it to come in the mail, that demo would mean a lot to me. It's not like now that you could just toss it on a hard drive and forget about it. Speaking for myself I was very proud of my demo and music collection. And still am. I don't know if the band's more popular now or back when we started. I would have to say it's probably pretty close to the same, maybe we're a little bit bigger now but that kind of things always seem to change with the metal trends.

December 08, 2009, 01:22:40 PM
He seems very well spoken and intelligent. Good interview.