Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Burzum tracklist and cover art revealed

Re: Burzum tracklist and cover art revealed
December 16, 2009, 02:33:43 PM
The cover image has been down for days anyway replaced by the dreaded "red x", he'll probably change it.

Perhaps Varg lurks on the ANUS and has seen the collective discontent of its' inhabitants!
perhaps, but what he would see is precisely that the discontent isn't collective

December 16, 2009, 02:51:27 PM
perhaps, but what he would see is precisely that the discontent isn't collective

Personally, I have no problem with either the logo or the cover.  It's just funny that there was a change corresponding to a few (I believe, unjustified) comments noting on how much the cover sucked.

December 16, 2009, 03:00:19 PM
sorry, but...what's the change?

December 16, 2009, 04:14:30 PM
sorry, but...what's the change?

The picture didn't load for someone so people automatically assumed Varg was lurking here and he changed the cover because he cares so much about what 3 people say on an internet forum. The picture loads fine for me though, unfortunately.

Quote from: Varg Vikernes
"My ambition with "Belus" is to create something I - and hopefully others too - can listen to for years and years to come without ever growing tired of it, and at the same time to share with my audience the experience of getting to know Belus, as he might have been perceived by the ancient Europeans". The combination of lyrics and music makes this a fairy tale different from most others, and should appeal to all those who like transcendental music and love to see different things from a different perspective. "If I can make you dream when listening to this album, I believe I have done a good job".

This sounds really good. I am looking forward to hearing the album. Like they say don't judge a book by its cover.

December 16, 2009, 04:25:42 PM
Ah, nevermind then, my mistake.  I was just poking a bit of fun anyways.

December 16, 2009, 08:35:44 PM
Well, he's already changed the album title based on people's initial reactions, so it wouldn't be that surprising if he also changed the cover art. He just isn't used to the ways of the internetz.

December 16, 2009, 11:57:33 PM
It's pretty sad if he's changing his album, purely based on the reactions of others.

Hope the album doesn't suck.

December 17, 2009, 09:42:59 AM
I liked "The White God" better as an album name just because it conjures up more images to me as an English-speaker than some foreign word I've never seen or heard before.

Too bad a bunch of Internet trolls ended up causing the name to change.

Regardless, I think this will be a great comeback album ala Beherit's "Engram."

If nothing else, the old songs that are getting recorded for the first time should be good.

Hard to believe so many people would get worked up over the cover art, too, considering most of them will just download the album and never even have a physical copy to remind them of how the cover looks.

December 17, 2009, 10:42:17 AM
The original title was going to be "Den Hvite Guden", which you would have to translate to "The White God".  Why not just translate "Belus" to "Baldur", "Ba'al", "Apollo", "Belenus", or whichever of the names of the God was used by your ancestors?

lol ima call it 'baldur' ftw

December 17, 2009, 02:25:29 PM
It's pretty sad if he's changing his album, purely based on the reactions of others.

Hope the album doesn't suck.

he changed the title avoiding certain missunderstandings, but the album is everything but the name and anyway it's the same concept

If nothing else, the old songs that are getting recorded for the first time should be good.

Hard to believe so many people would get worked up over the cover art, too, considering most of them will just download the album and never even have a physical copy to remind them of how the cover looks.

yeah, the old songs should be good

I won't download this album even if I'm anxious to listen to it: This time I'll be waiting for my copy to arrive home.

The original title was going to be "Den Hvite Guden", which you would have to translate to "The White God".  Why not just translate "Belus" to "Baldur", "Ba'al", "Apollo", "Belenus", or whichever of the names of the God was used by your ancestors?

lol ima call it 'baldur' ftw

I suppose he knows what "Baldur's gate" is, but may be not, it could have been the title.

another thing: Byelobog Productions!!?? WTF!?

December 17, 2009, 03:01:59 PM
It basically means "Belus Productions".

December 17, 2009, 03:29:45 PM
a new Cymophane?