Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Career choices...

Re: Career choices...
December 26, 2009, 07:12:01 PM

It's a risk we have to take.

Definitely.

The problem is that most people asseverating that, are transformed by the system in the end. You need a heroic amount of innocence and discernment to survive that.

I have a very limited experience in the academia, but I've noticed how much you have to water down your declarations, how you have to include them within a "democratic" context to be heard. Otherwise you get a door slammed in your face. The internet is a beautiful place to sodomize because you have the privilege of anonymity. In real life, ostracism is much much harder. That's why people ends adapting... totally adapting.

But of course, being in the middle ground and with a strong morality gives you a 10% benefit that being morally correct in your home doesn't.  It's worthy.

I have hope for certain people here. People which will remain constant after the 28, in their own spheres of influence.

December 27, 2009, 06:18:00 AM
While we don't have a choice but to take the risks, the reality is that most people will go after the idea of attaining power by working their way up at the Microsoft's and Monsanto's of the world, having to make sacrifices and doing some dirty work to get to the top, but will in all likelyhood never make it .  This of course means that we just spent our lives trying to get to be the CEO of a corrupt company to make positive changes,but will end up never acquiring the power that we had sought for to inspire positive change.

It doesn't mean attaining influence and power shouldn't be attempted, but having properly formed goals based on our intelligence and abilities is an important factor to consider. Everybody has limitations.

December 27, 2009, 06:43:07 AM
Yes, but... dialing it back to reality.

You either have power or you don't

Most people fail at most things. Eventually they find something that works.

If 9,999 out of 10,000 people fail at becoming the CEO of a large corporation, does that mean we just quit?

If we all work to gain power, and when we have it apply it, we'll get a lot farther than each seceding to our own personal realities.

I hear a lot of excuse-making in this thread. No offense intended to anyone -- but search your motivations. Justification or reason?

December 27, 2009, 01:48:56 PM

This is the difficult part.

Remember when Dr. LaVey thought that Christianity will be finished when his satanists get to control an hour of prime time TV and when we in Finland thought we finally get the criminals deported when we voted our favorite conservatives to the Parliament? The fact that they are now able to influence a decision here and there doesn't mean they can simply override everyone else's Will (capitalized in tribute to Schopenhauer). Everyone knows that even the President of the United States is not a sovereign wielder of power. These positions are symbolic and in that sense bestow a kind of power that is unique and should not be scorned the way hippies tend to do.

I'm almost sick of the word "real" in this topic but if something is realism, it's to let go of illusions of yourself and grasp the things that you truly have ability to excel at and become the master. Get rid of everything that tries to convince you to fail, be merely adequate or tolerate weakness. That means for example to quit listening to "DSBM" and smoking weed immediately. The one who will win by corporate business shall do corporate business and the one who will win by writing a blog shall write a blog, as long as you win and absolutely dominate and crush the opposition. Insert Manowar or Revenge quote.

December 27, 2009, 02:03:19 PM
The fact that they are now able to influence a decision here and there doesn't mean they can simply override everyone else's Will (capitalized in tribute to Schopenhauer). Everyone knows that even the President of the United States is not a sovereign wielder of power.

The type of power you describe I call by its traditional terms: concentration and competence.

But the President of the United States influences quite a lot, if he's bold and plays his cards right.

Look how much CEOs have influenced American culture. Look how much Bush did -- if you get past the media envelope, of course.

Blogs aren't going to change the world. Nor is an hour of prime-time TV. Trying to show The Masses The Truth is a failing proposition because they're numb to it.

What is a win is getting power and wielding it toward an end. Eventually, that end would include disenfranchisement of the under-125s.

December 27, 2009, 02:40:50 PM
loving the conversations going on here....Meh, I'm okay at math, but totally suck in alot of areas of it.
I am alot better at english, and subjects related to it in some way, though.
What job is for people like that?

December 27, 2009, 02:46:57 PM
I'm okay at math, but totally suck in alot of areas of it.

You may be able to get better at those areas.

Many people, including some but not all geniuses in their fields, struggle with their chosen discipline or parts of it.

December 27, 2009, 03:15:47 PM
Yes, but... dialing it back to reality.

Most people fail at most things. Eventually they find something that works.

If 9,999 out of 10,000 people fail at becoming the CEO of a large corporation, does that mean we just quit?

If we all work to gain power, and when we have it apply it, we'll get a lot farther than each seceding to our own personal realities.

I hear a lot of excuse-making in this thread. No offense intended to anyone -- but search your motivations. Justification or reason?

In reference to this site, I estimate that the consistent readership is male, under the age of 30. That being said, the "first-wave" of adolescents that have been influenced by the mature ideas of this site is just now growing up, either entering or exiting the category of "young-professionals". Given some time, I think you will start to see "revolutionary conservatives", of which anus is a voice, in many powerful positions.

December 27, 2009, 05:55:02 PM
In reference to this site, I estimate that the consistent readership is male, under the age of 30. That being said, the "first-wave" of adolescents that have been influenced by the mature ideas of this site is just now growing up, either entering or exiting the category of "young-professionals". Given some time, I think you will start to see "revolutionary conservatives", of which anus is a voice, in many powerful positions.

Even more widely speaking, the generation that was raised on the Romantic and Traditionalist values of Norwegian black metal and other contemporary movements has "come of age".

December 27, 2009, 06:37:35 PM
Or take it further: you end up running Microsoft. After a dozen years of bullshit -- which you will face at any job, because this is how careers are made -- you get the power to make a better operating system, smarter software, etc.

Or even stop Microsoft from donating cash to help the clueless breed more.

That's more effective than being one lone dude hoping others will notice how virtuous you are, and being effective is all that matters.

The corruption of being the lone dude is that you end up doing it for yourself, and because you're ineffective, rationalizing that into a kind of mentally corrupting moral superiority, like false elitism.

You're absolutely correct about the loner but I think you're putting the cart before the horse with regards to how one pursues power. If you want to succeed in a profession you have to be 100% about it. If your principal incentive for becoming a professional is an ulterior motive (like saving the world) you will fail. If you wanna run Microsoft because you wanna make it more ethical you will fail at both. The guy who runs Microsoft is that guy because he wants to run Microsoft.

December 27, 2009, 08:22:07 PM
Teaching, education in general.

Agreeing with this man. I aspire to obtain a PhD and also a professorship, it pays very well and will prevent many complications later in life. Just my way of "beating the system at its own game".
also, ppl think ur smart

December 27, 2009, 09:53:28 PM
If you want to succeed in a profession you have to be 100% about it.

We agree here, but that's just to get established.

Next you must be able to find a way to make the world better.

If you're running Microsoft, making a better operating system will also make you more profit.

If you're president, bringing the country closer to sanity will make you a legend.

People will tell you otherwise... but they're just trying to fake you out.

Sure, you have to learn the ropes and jump through some hoops. SO WHAT. Power > no power.

If your goals are sane, they will dovetail with that which will bring you reward.

Examples:

* David Lynch
* Audrey Ewell and Aaron Aites
* Bob Bishop
* Bill Atkinson
* Tom Wolfe
* Kashi Foods
* Asus Computers
* Osmose Productions

There are many more, especially in industrial design and software. GIANT PENIS

December 27, 2009, 11:26:12 PM
David Lynch? Sane? Interesting.

December 30, 2009, 05:55:46 PM
Examples:
* Asus Computers

Funny, because my Crosshair's dual-channel randomly fried on me. No overclocking or anything strenuous either, got a diagnosis?

February 02, 2010, 11:34:33 PM
Back on topic: I recently participated in a province-wide competition for consulting engineering, where food, travel and accommodation were fully paid for. The theme of the competition was "redefining engineering" which typically means through sustainable design. It was an excellent way to market myself, as the event was mostly funded by consultants and industry, and I learned a lot there. The keynote speaker, a well-known economist, stressed the importance of innovation in the engineering field. It's the ideas from ANUS, although they lack technical rigor and quantifiable data/analysis that can be made into innovations. It is my duty, an engineer's duty, to translate metaphysics/theory into physical manifestations. There is great stress on social and environmental issues as of late.

I can't stress enough the importance of going into the engineering profession and perhaps getting a MBA in the future. If you're intelligent, you will be greatly rewarded. People, at least for me, pay you for your abilities and ideas, at least in Ontario.