Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Introductions

Re: Introductions
January 12, 2010, 01:31:16 AM
Im Dillon, 17 years old. Haven't been browsing Anus for a long time but I hope to learn a lot from everyone here.

January 12, 2010, 02:01:16 AM
Evan, 29. Have been browsing anus.com/metal for about five years, but before that, really hated the site. I came here and decided we had more in common than not, so I volunteered. This forum is my third project for ANUS. The last two have been successful and I intend to make this succeed as well.

January 12, 2010, 02:16:18 AM
Jaimé, 29 yrs old. Been visiting this site since close to it's inception in 96'. The site was WAY different back then. Luckily, the smarts of the people, and this site, haven't changed.

For the real old-skoolers, I was focusphere...if anyone remembers, lol.

January 13, 2010, 09:32:56 AM
I'm Sarah. I'm 18. I ask a lot of questions. I'm a full time student working on getting my Human Services degree. I listen to a lot of symphonic metal and classical, along with some occasional black metal and some guilty pleasures.

January 13, 2010, 09:47:11 PM
Markus, 15 - seems like I'm one of the youngest here.

I've been a lurker and an occasional poster here for about 2 years now I think. My interests include music (a piano student for almost 9 years now, a heavy listener of classical and metal, as well as an occassional composer), philosophy, history, linguistics and to a certain degree, visual art. I'm going to gymnasium (an European equivalent of high school) next year. Contrary to the misanthropist hordes around here, I'm a fairly social person and have converted some of my more intelligent friends to a kind of conservative philosophy resembling that of ANUS.

January 14, 2010, 02:14:26 AM
... Howdy partners! Tim. 21. I make a lot of mistakes. I do youth camp counseling, residential carpentry, & interior painting, but... would like to teach high school level history / cultures / religions instead, some day. Voracious reader & amateur painter (oil & acrylic). <3 baroque, classical, death metal, black metal, & electronic. Plato fanboi.

January 14, 2010, 07:38:33 AM
Hello, I am John. I am 17 years old, play in 2 bands and study Social Science at University.

January 14, 2010, 01:00:29 PM
I'm an English major named Joe, 20 years old. I enjoy rock climbing, weight lifting, mountain biking, long walks, reading, and of course, listening to quality metal.

January 14, 2010, 01:27:24 PM
David. I studied human value systems in university. Currently teaching English in a middle school, but I will take the LSAT in the fall with a hope to get into local politics. Avid mountaineer, martial arts practitioner and social drinker.

January 14, 2010, 05:57:19 PM

Avid mountaineer,

Where do you live?

Will, 26, interior Alaska.  Surveyor / GIS tech / forester.   Occasional poster since just after the grizzly autopsy background photo days of anus (2003?).  I acknowledge this site as a major overall influence.  Aside from that, I climb mountains, am a hobby musician, enjoy reading textbooks, have an increasing interest in philisophical heathenry, and am irritatingly obsessed with Alaska.

January 15, 2010, 01:00:02 AM
Avid mountaineer,

Where do you live?

Will, 26, interior Alaska.  Surveyor / GIS tech / forester.   Occasional poster since just after the grizzly autopsy background photo days of anus (2003?).  I acknowledge this site as a major overall influence.  Aside from that, I climb mountains, am a hobby musician, enjoy reading textbooks, have an increasing interest in philisophical heathenry, and am irritatingly obsessed with Alaska.

I'm currently living in Korea. I grew up in Illinois, so I'm flabergasted by their beauty and love the challenge they represent. I suppose the mountains aren't as large as in other parts of the world [I've only seen the Eastern states], as the largest mountain Seoraksan takes around a day to go up and down.
It looks like you are taking other path I considered years ago. What ups and downs are you experiencing as a forester?

January 15, 2010, 01:15:00 AM
I've just realised two things: firstly, the majority of people here are either "substantially" older than me, or are quite a lot younger than me, and, secondly, a large number of my posts seem to disappear.

January 15, 2010, 07:51:32 PM
John, 23, currently a student who works in a hospital part-time. Been following ANUS for a good 8 to 9 years i'd say. Live in County Kilkenny, Republic Of Ireland. Like cycling, music, occasional article writing and going to gigs.

January 18, 2010, 04:18:20 PM
Anthony, a young person who currently plays guitar, headbangs to metal, and loves forests.
I first found anus way back in 2008 when randomly googling nihilism. I personally love metal, especially
the very epic and melodic stuff, like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rymgm3jcuWc

January 20, 2010, 03:40:58 AM
JayJay 35, been comming to this site for a while but never had a chance to become a member of this forum. I love the audiophile section. it has alot of clessics and newer stuff from the underground that I enjoy. Hails!!!