Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What does Black Metal mean to u?

What does Black Metal mean to u?
November 10, 2004, 10:11:13 PM
To some its just a growing trend...to others in the metal world its a bunch of fairies playing with swords and make up in the woods....some believe its a bunch of no talent...a dying breed....But I say its alive Damn it!    Another misconception is that you have to be from Norway to be true but that's horse shit!!!! Our forfathers of this wonderful genre are indeed legendary and I thank god that norwegians formed this beautiful art but I am from the US and I hate my countries crappy music...yet I play and I don't think it sucks....Black metal is in your heart...its its on religion...its on feeling..either u get it or u don't....its the most hateful...dark.....introverted music EVER!!!it comes from the depths of the darkest crevices of your heart...iand its definetely the most mis understood...may true black metal live on in every country!!  Although vaguely immitated it will never die....

Re: What does Black Metal mean to u?
November 11, 2004, 03:45:28 AM
BRITNEY SPEARS - I'm A Slave 4 U Lyrics

I know I may be young, but I've got feelings too.
And I need to do what I feel like doing.
So let me go and just listen.

All you people look at me like I'm a little girl.
Well did you ever think it be okay for me to step into this
world.

Always saying little girl don't step into the club.
Well I'm just tryin' to find out why cause dancing's what I
love.

Get it get it, get it get it (WHOOOA)
Get it get it, get it get it (WHOOOOOA) (Do you like it)
Get it get it, get it get it (OOOHHHH) (This feels good)

I know I may come off quiet, I may come off shy.
But I feel like talking, feel like dancing when I see this guy.

What's practical is logical. What the hell, who cares?
All I know is I'm so happy when you're dancing there.

I'm a slave for you. I cannot hold it; I cannot control it.
I'm a slave for you. I won't deny it; I'm not trying to hide it.

Baby, don't you wanna, dance upon me,
(I just wanna dance next to you)
To another time and place.
(Are you ready)
Leaving behind my name, my age.
(Lets go)

(Like that)
(You like it)
(Now watch me)

Get it get it, get it get it (WHOOOOOA)
Get it get it, get it get it (OOOHHHH)
(Panting)

I really wanna dance, tonight with you.
(I just can't help myself)
I really wanna do what you want me to.
(I just feel I let myself go)

I really wanna dance, tonight with you.
(Wanna see you move)
I really wanna do what you want me to.
(Uh Uh Uh)

(I just wanna dance next to you)
To another time and place.
(Are you ready)
Leaving behind my name, my age.

I'm a slave for you. (Take that) I cannot hold it; I cannot
control it.
I'm a slave (It just feels right) for you. (It just feels good)
I won't deny it; I'm not trying to hide it. (Baby)

(Panting)

(Panting)

I'm a slave for you. (Here we go now)
I cannot hold it; I cannot control it.
I'm a slave for you. (Here we go) I won't deny it, (Yeah)
I'm not trying to hide it.

(Like that)

Wolfbane

November 12, 2004, 10:25:28 PM
i see srp still has his humor. To the orignal post: please do not post messages on this forum while on crack. If you were not on crack then please go shoot yourself. If you were trying to make a joke then don't attempt it again.

November 16, 2004, 06:17:53 PM
To the orignal post: please do not post messages on this forum while on crack. If you were not on crack then please go shoot yourself.

Looks like someone is a regular ol' wise guy isn't he?

November 18, 2004, 06:28:00 PM
J-Durran,

Howdy to you.
you are so correct in your description of BM,BM reflects the side of the human animal that a lot of us have forgotten or have dis-owned.

I for one have always stayed in touch with that part of me and all humans should.

such a powerful thing is this blackmetal that some have taken their own lives.
I,for one,admire the darkness,power and evil element of BM.
it has this strange nourishing power and can compell one to take long strides toward some goal.

instead  of being a chicken shit like so many,I embrace it and keep it close to my core.it drives me,enlightens me and gives me insight.

Cheers

November 22, 2004, 03:01:38 AM
I've something to say about what black metal means to other people and this seems as good a place on the forum as any.

I have found that black metal fans have adopted a blindly reactionary ideology.  There is no place for logic.  Simply embrace the opposite of christianity's/western society's norms at every possible opportunity.  This is "evil" and therefore good.  Pay no mind to function.  This is the thought process of the modern black metal fan.  It's used to advocate pedophilia, race-mixing, and anything else you can imagine.  I'm waiting to visit a metal forum and see it propounded that we, as black metallers, should reject dental hygiene and let our teeth rot out.  Black metal is for slipknot fans now.  I leave you with a hearty "fuck everything, d00d!"

November 22, 2004, 10:43:27 AM
I totally agree. I came across something like this not so long ago from non-BMers as well, when people were saying "but you're just as bad as the Christians, you're trying to convert us and preach your beliefs onto us". I replied that I don't oppose Christianity for that reason, I oppose it because a lot of the values it preaches are harmful and illogical and as a whole it is not a productive basis for society, but many didn't seem to be able to get past the "omg you hate christians and then do the same thing as them wow you hypocrite" mentality.

December 19, 2004, 01:27:17 AM
Once stood for something unique and now it is filled with undifferentiated sheep. The best thing to do is to saw off their purrrrrty little kult coats.

December 24, 2004, 11:52:46 PM
black metal is pretty funny to me. some people take it serious but i dont know how. i like it musically though.

June 06, 2005, 05:18:14 PM
 :'(The glory days of black metal will echo down the generations, early Immortal, early Emperor, Darkthrone and Burzum to name a few. But the bands that these legends spawned stand for image, not music or the black metal ideals. The philosophy that it preaches will always mean something to me but unless bands start to bring elements of the old gaurd's music with a hint of originality in there, then black metal, like so many other genres, will die. Black Metal is the world of the wolf, and since when did the wolf care about what it looked like.

What does Black Metal mean to me?
June 06, 2005, 08:27:11 PM
Black Metal, to me, is a dark musical art form that should be played with the best of care.  Never should one say they are a Black Metal fan, but only listen to Cannibal Corpse or Gorerotted, or even worse, Cradle of Filth.  

Don't get me wrong, I love Cannibal Corpse and Gorerotted.  Death Metal is a entirely different genre, though, and Cradle Of Filth is simply shit.

Black Metal today is sort of...raped in the sense of...originality...and style.  Burzum, Mayhem, Darkthrone and the others had it right, made the sound, and today's Black Metal bands cannot match it or come close.  I am afraid that is a dying genre.

Re: What does Black Metal mean to me?
June 06, 2005, 08:40:25 PM
Black Metal, to me, is a dark musical art form that should be played with the best of care.  Never should one say they are a Black Metal fan, but only listen to Cannibal Corpse or Gorerotted, or even worse, Cradle of Filth.  

Don't get me wrong, I love Cannibal Corpse and Gorerotted.  Death Metal is a entirely different genre, though, and Cradle Of Filth is simply shit.

Black Metal today is sort of...raped in the sense of...originality...and style.  Burzum, Mayhem, Darkthrone and the others had it right, made the sound, and today's Black Metal bands cannot match it or come close.  I am afraid that is a dying genre.

Cannible Corpse is just as bad, if not worse, than Cradle of Filth.

June 07, 2005, 12:41:06 AM

I feel for you bro, let's touch our penises together and cry about Quorthon.

Death

June 07, 2005, 01:37:55 AM
Quorthon

RIP bro

July 29, 2006, 08:58:50 PM
Black metal means to me that the cult of the individual is dead, and that the Idea is preeminent again. Nature, logic, heroism, the beauty of darkness and light together... whether the fucking spoiled brat of a modern individual wants it or not.

THE RETURN OF DARKNESS AND EVIL
THE RETURN OF FIRE AND HATE