Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Under the radar

Under the radar
April 09, 2006, 08:30:52 AM
ive herd alot of people talking about the really big metal names like emperor, burzum, darkthrone ect but i dont know any others asides from that.

im new to metal (ive only been here a year or so listen to good bands) and i want to know some less famouse bands that are still godd, and also i would like to ask about crimson moonlight (if yourve herd of them), i really like them but are they worth listen to?

Re: Under the radar
April 09, 2006, 08:38:00 AM
Beherit, Summoning, Ildjarn and a lot of the other bands recommended on the ANUS best of black metal list are worth checking out.

Also, if they are Christian, like Crimson Moonlight, they are never worth listening to, period.

April 09, 2006, 08:46:15 AM
Why not check out this wikipedia list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_black_metal_bands

Now there are some bands listed there that are highly questionable (COF) but there might be some stuff there for you.  

April 09, 2006, 12:44:52 PM
dude there is a whole world of overrated bands, and there is also a whole world of underappreciated bands. all you have to do is look. ;)

April 09, 2006, 01:58:47 PM
Sacramentum, The Chasm, Destroyer 666

April 09, 2006, 01:58:51 PM
Also, if they are Christian, like Crimson Moonlight, they are never worth listening to, period.

I totally agree, same goes for Bach, Beethoven and Mozart. [/idiocy]

i really like them but are they worth listen to?

Ive never heard of them, but saying in one sentence that you like them AND asking if you should listen to them seems retarded to me. are you afraid of an own opinion??

April 09, 2006, 03:24:49 PM
Why not check out this wikipedia list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_black_metal_bands

My honest advice: do NOT do this.

The last thing you want to do is overwhelm yourself with stuff that's mostly crap. I say work outward from the classics to the second-tier bands -- some excellent suggestions have been given -- but don't become a Crowdist tool and listen to anything that calls itself "black metal." Within six months the difference between quality and crap will be invisible to you, if you do that.

April 10, 2006, 05:34:05 AM
wow crimson moonlight are christian, thats news to me. but ive noticed they have a top ten death and black metal list so right now im using that to get artists i dont have

and also im not araid of my own opinion its just a way for me to find out if the bands im listen to are actually good or if im listen to crap

April 11, 2006, 08:48:44 AM
Try some Watain

April 11, 2006, 09:37:58 AM

I totally agree, same goes for Bach, Beethoven and Mozart. [/idiocy]

Difference is, classical isn't inherently built on anti-Christian principles.

Although I don't like Mozart that much anyway.

April 11, 2006, 10:17:33 PM
Abazagorath is good, 1349 is crazy intense

April 13, 2006, 10:05:24 AM
Difference is, classical isn't inherently built on anti-Christian principles.

Although I don't like Mozart that much anyway.

That band he mentioned obviously isnt, either.

Oh, and:

April 13, 2006, 12:20:04 PM
you could try Tsjuder or Aura Noir  they both kill.

April 13, 2006, 09:30:09 PM
So, I`m not gonna mention any band names that are worth to listen or not, because we are different kind of people who likes different types of music.
What I can sugest about good quality metal music is the scandinavian metal music, like from sweden, norway and finland, it dosen`t matter if is black, death or gothic or whatsoever, they are all quality musics in own way.

Try it, and don`t be affraid!

April 14, 2006, 12:11:01 AM
... because we are different kind of people who likes different types of music.

.... it dosen`t matter if is black, death or gothic or whatsoever, they are all quality musics in own way.

Try it, and don`t be affraid!

No. You seem to be stating that everything is equal because you wish to avoid conflict.

Nietzsche said it better than I could:

VII.  READING AND WRITING.

Of all that is written, I love only what a person hath written with his blood.  Write with blood, and thou wilt find that blood is spirit.

It is no easy task to understand unfamiliar blood; I hate the reading idlers.

He who knoweth the reader, doeth nothing more for the reader.  Another century of readers--and spirit itself will stink.

Every one being allowed to learn to read, ruineth in the long run not only writing but also thinking.

Once spirit was God, then it became man, and now it even becometh populace.

He that writeth in blood and proverbs doth not want to be read, but learnt by heart.

In the mountains the shortest way is from peak to peak, but for that route thou must have long legs.  Proverbs should be peaks, and those spoken to
should be big and tall.

Ye look aloft when ye long for exaltation; and I look downward because I am exalted.

Who among you can at the same time laugh and be exalted?

He who climbeth on the highest mountains, laugheth at all tragic plays and tragic realities.

[size="1"]http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext99/spzar10.txt
Apologies for giving a Gutenberg link, only place I could find this text.[/size]

Metal not written in blood is no Metal at all.