Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Emo and hipsterdom are profit vectors for histrionics

More specifically, HPD is classified as a Cluster B (dramatic, emotional, or erratic) personality disorder. The personality disorders which comprise Cluster B include histrionic, antisocial, borderline, and narcissistic.

HPD has a unique position among the personality disorders in that it is the only personality disorder explicitly connected to a patient's physical appearance. Researchers have found that HPD appears primarily in men and women with above-average physical appearances. Some research has suggested that the connection between HPD and physical appearance holds for women rather than for men. Both women and men with HPD express a strong need to be the center of attention. Individuals with HPD exaggerate, throw temper tantrums, and cry if they are not the center of attention. Patients with HPD are naive, gullible, have a low frustration threshold, and strong dependency needs.

Cognitive style can be defined as a way in which an individual works with and solves cognitive tasks such as reasoning, learning, thinking, understanding, making decisions, and using memory. The cognitive style of individuals with HPD is superficial and lacks detail. In their inter-personal relationships, individuals with HPD use dramatization with a goal of impressing others. The enduring pattern of their insincere and stormy relationships leads to impairment in social and occupational areas.

http://www.minddisorders.com/Flu-Inv/Histrionic-personality-disorder.html

They don't know what causes HPD, but our entertainment industries allow this disorder to flourish.

This is interesting. I'll add it to my list of modern traits:

* Narcissism/solipsism
* Neurosis/uncertainty of reality
* Low self-esteem/High need for validation

Understand yourself first before judging others, and look at what you could do with yourself and like minded people before thinking about how "frustrated" some hipster is. You can't change the world

We can't change the world? Oh gee, I guess I'll just go back to eating Doritos all day and watching reality TV. What's the use of trying when I won't ever make any impact? /sarcasm

Take your fatalistic attitude somewhere else and preach it to losers who care.

We can't change the world? Oh gee, I guess I'll just go back to eating Doritos all day and watching reality TV. What's the use of trying when I won't ever make any impact? /sarcasm

Take your fatalistic attitude somewhere else and preach it to losers who care.

I think what he meant by that is there are people in the world you CAN'T change, people who would rather sit around waiting to die than muster up the grapes to fight for what's right. I guess there were 2 ways you could have interpreted that, but I'm in agreement with you. If you don't believe that standing strong against what's wrong is worth it, then you're already dead inside and you serve no purpose to anyone besides the enemy.