Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

New DARKTHRONE album "Circle the Wagons" available 3/8/10

Fenriz says:

THE NEW METAL DECADE STARTS WITH OUR ALBUM. IT IS A MESSAGE TO THE INVADERS OF OUR METAL DOMAIN TO CIRCLE THEIR WAGONS!!!  With our own brand of HEAVY METAL/SPEED METAL-PUNK we are a constant ambush on the modern overground metal traitors. Join us in our fight against instant gratification.... and LET'S SEE WHO STANDS WHEN THE SMOKE CLEARS...

Album by album we gnaw away at the overwhelming mass of so-called raw metal out there - well, the only time I saw something raw wrapped in plastic was when it was DEAD meat. And so in the long run, all raw bands with old raw sound WINS - and your plastic paradise instant gratification sound vanishes with time.

And according to Peaceville:

The limited/numbered 180gm vinyl edition of 2000 comes with heavyweight sleeve, printed inner sleeve, and an art print of the cover on 250gm Tintoretto Gesso Paper.

Exclusive to the Peaceville store, orders will ship from March 8th and include a link to a digital version of the album (available when the regular and special edition CD versions of the album are released on April 5th).

1. Those treasures will never befall you
2. Running for borders
3. I am the graves of the 80s
4. Stylized corpse
5. Circle the wagons
6. Black mountain totem
7. I am the working class
8. Eyes burst at dawn
9. Bränn inte slottet

http://www.peaceville.com/darkthrone/

I am the working classes.

Front cover:

"Eyes burst at dawn", song from the upcoming album.

They are probably using the cowboy concept in an attempt to appeal to Texan reviewers.

What on Earth did I just listen to?

Edit: Wow.  Well, at least the new Burzum can't possibly be this... terrible...

I feel I may have to make more anti-Fenriz material, just to compensate for wasting my time listening to this shit.  Who runs antihumanism.com?

I can't judge it until I've heard more than 130-second samples.

E

Fortsett rulle, rulle, rulle,
Skjønt strømene er est,
Beholder dem hunder rulle, rålær.

Gjennom regn og vind og vær
var Helvete som blir bøyd for lær,
som Ønsker min gal ved min side.
Alle tingene som jeg mangler,
God mat, kjærlighet, og å kyssing,
venter på slutten av min tur.

I can't judge it until I've heard more than 130-second samples.

pwnege

Indeed.  One advantage Varg has is how low the bar is set lately by his peers.

Based on this sample track, I'd still take this bunch of Norwegian rockers over most of the competition, probably due to being a "hiking metal punk" myself. They seem honest and love their metal, it's just that these new albums aren't about anything in particular, just a random amalgamation of riffs. If they'd settle for doing a Native American album, a Manilla Road album, a crust album or whatever instead of all this at once, they just might be back to form.

That's what I never got about the "crust" direction.  I was always thinking "Yeah two of these songs are crust, one sounds like Under a Funderal Moon, and the rest are joke songs."

Based on this sample track, I'd still take this bunch of Norwegian rockers over most of the competition, probably due to being a "hiking metal punk" myself.
Me too. :)

They seem honest and love their metal, it's just that these new albums aren't about anything in particular, just a random amalgamation of riffs. If they'd settle for doing a Native American album, a Manilla Road album, a crust album or whatever instead of all this at once, they just might be back to form.
Agreed. Reading his (Fenriz') liner notes, almost every song, from newer albums, is a tribute (hommage) of some kind to various metal (and punk) bands/directions.

Judging only by the cover and the song I wouldn't be able to tell if this is real Darkthrone or a joke.

Some interview(s) states that the cover will have an "indian" theme.  "Like, Native American Indian?" - "Uhh.... ... Yeah.  Those ones."

I was really hoping that they'd shove an elephant's head and about twenty new arms onto their "mascot".