Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Winterwolf

Winterwolf
February 15, 2010, 10:02:58 PM
http://www.myspace.com/winterwolfofficial

This is pretty cool; if you like old school Swedish death metal and Finnish old school death metal like Demigod, Amorphis and Belial, the newer stuff from Winterwolf will make you very (grimly) happy.

Re: Winterwolf
February 15, 2010, 11:15:59 PM
Ah, Antti Bowman's band after ceasing activity with Demilich. Can't wait to hear some full-lengths in the future.

February 16, 2010, 12:23:09 AM
I can't stand his vocals on Nespithe. They frustratingly take from what would otherwise be one of my favourite albums.

February 16, 2010, 03:14:55 AM
I can't stand his vocals on Nespithe. They frustratingly take from what would otherwise be one of my favourite albums.

DIE, HERETIC!!!!!

February 16, 2010, 03:30:49 AM
I've heard the vocal complaint quite a bit concerning Demilich, and I can see where they're coming from. I still enjoy them however.

This is pretty neat though, thanks for the heads up, OP.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

February 16, 2010, 09:04:16 PM
What is the riff that kicks in around 0:35 on 'Cemetary by Night'?  I know I've heard it somewhere else...

February 16, 2010, 09:31:31 PM
What is the riff that kicks in around 0:35 on 'Cemetary by Night'?  I know I've heard it somewhere else...

"You were supposed to rot..."

February 17, 2010, 12:15:22 AM
What is the riff that kicks in around 0:35 on 'Cemetary by Night'?  I know I've heard it somewhere else...

"You were supposed to rot..."

Ah, I was thinking Dismember... close enough.
Hopefully Winterwolf will expand more upon the Demilich aspect of the music rather than the 'old skool'-ness of it.  Both sides are evident in these songs.

February 17, 2010, 02:16:51 AM
Actually that riff sounds more like it was from "Drowned".

This is still quality stuff though, I'll be sure to grab the full length.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

February 17, 2010, 05:01:12 AM

DIE, HERETIC!!!!!

SECONDED!!!

I'd heard their first 2 demos some years ago and then they became Deathchain. Would like to listen to the new album. Says the LP version has been released. Any idea about the CD release?

March 03, 2010, 01:27:47 AM
Any idea about the CD release?

I can't remember where I heard it, but it should be out pretty soon. like within a few months.

How can you have Antti on backup vocals though?  That's like relegating Brett Favre to placeholder.  I s'pose the old boy can't quite pull it off anymore?  The Nespithe recording sessions probably took several years off his life!
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

March 14, 2010, 07:37:20 AM
I s'pose the old boy can't quite pull it off anymore?  The Nespithe recording sessions probably took several years off his life!

I guess you didn't see them live in 2006. He can still pull it off just fine, but Winterwolf isn't his project to front. He's actually the most recent member.

March 15, 2010, 02:52:38 PM
Winterwolf is Finland's Decrepitaph. Any time someone starts telling you about Fatalist or another retro-SWDM, remind them of Winterwolf. It's not A+ death metal, it's B+ tribute metal but it has its own being.