Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Third world USA

Re: Third world USA
April 03, 2012, 06:24:50 PM
Most of that is inherent to any powerful nation. It can't be changed. I don't know why African-Americans are behind, but I know that multi-culturalism is a stupid idea. It means a nation without culture. As Spengler wrote, that means it falls apart slowly and only ruins remain.

April 03, 2012, 06:58:06 PM
Most of that is inherent to any powerful nation. It can't be changed. I don't know why African-Americans are behind, but I know that multi-culturalism is a stupid idea. It means a nation without culture. As Spengler wrote, that means it falls apart slowly and only ruins remain.

Multiculturalism isn't even what we have. anti-culturalism is the real problem.

April 03, 2012, 07:00:24 PM

What can't be changed? America's stupid, unjust, unwise and nonsensical wars in the middle east and bullying sanctions that have killed or starved literally almost 2 million Iraqi children? Fuck that noise.

April 28, 2012, 12:15:04 PM
At the dawn of the twentieth century, as British leaders dimly discerned such an erosion in their country’s global dominance, the great diplomat Lord Salisbury issued a gloomy rumination that captured at once both the inevitability of decline and the denial of it. “Whatever happens will be for the worse,” he declared. “Therefore it is our interest that as little should happen as possible.” Of course, one element of decline was the country’s diminishing ability to influence how much or how little actually happened.

We are seeing a similar phenomenon today in America, where the topic of decline stirs discomfort in national leaders. In September 2010, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton proclaimed a “new American Moment” that would “lay the foundations for lasting American leadership for decades to come.” A year and a half later, President Obama declared in his State of the Union speech: “Anyone who tells you that America is in decline . . . doesn’t know what they’re talking about.” A position paper from Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney stated flatly that he “rejects the philosophy of decline in all of its variants.” And former U.S. ambassador to China and one-time GOP presidential candidate Jon Huntsman pronounced decline to be simply “un-American.”

Such protestations, however, cannot forestall real-world developments that collectively are challenging the post-1945 international order, often called Pax Americana, in which the United States employed its overwhelming power to shape and direct global events. That era of American dominance is drawing to a close as the country’s relative power declines, along with its ability to manage global economics and security.

http://nationalinterest.org/article/the-global-power-shift-west-east-6796

May 01, 2012, 09:07:18 PM
Yet people were coming and going in their cars from the welfare ruins of East Chicago to the even more spectacular tatters of Gary, where the old front porches are disappearing into prairie grass and the 20th century retreats into the mists of mythology. For a while, I suppose, people were interested that the Michael Jackson nativity occurred there, but that, too, is a shred of history now merging with the fabled wendigo of the Wyandots and the fate of the North American mastodon. You might draw the conclusion that driving cars is the only activity left in certain parts of the USA. Many of the ones I saw in this forsaken corner of the Midwest were classic beaters occupied by young men in pairs searching, searching, searching. It takes a certain special kind of mental bearing to persist in searching such a place for something that is not there.

http://kunstler.com/blog/2012/04/elegy-1.html

July 13, 2012, 09:34:16 PM
“The new welfare dictate issued by the Obama Administration clearly guts the law,” Rector and Bradley wrote at The Foundry. “The Administration tramples on the actual legislation passed by Congress and seeks to impose its own policy choices—a pattern that has become all too common in this Administration. The result is the end of welfare reform.”

After the rule change, House Speaker John Boehner released a statement condemning the move.

“By gutting the work requirements in President Clinton’s signature welfare reform law, President Obama is admitting his economic policies have failed,” Boehner wrote.

“While President Clinton worked with Congress in a bipartisan way on welfare reform and economic opportunity, President Obama has routinely ignored Republican proposals, rejected House-passed jobs bills, and imposed an agenda that’s helped keep the unemployment rate above eight percent for 41 months. Instead of working with Republicans to boost job creation, the president is simply disregarding the requirement that welfare recipients find work,” he continued.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/13/hhs-to-offer-waivers-for-tanf-work-requirement/2/

July 14, 2012, 04:32:14 AM
Sgt. Little is a decorated veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. He said that parts of Chicago are comparable to what he saw in combat.

It's "tribal warfare," he said, "and as it continues to build unless we manage to interdict it, and manage to stop it long enough for the blood to stop boiling, the heat to die down."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57470618/chicago-police-sergeant-tribal-warfare-on-the-streets/

February 07, 2014, 02:47:35 AM
Progress results in disgust and mistrust.

Vice President Joe Biden, never one to hide what he’s thinking, said Thursday that New York’s LaGuardia Airport feels like it’s “in some third world country.”

“If I blindfolded someone and took them at 2:00 in the morning into the airport in Hong Kong and said ‘where do you think you are,’ they’d say, ‘this must be America, it’s a modern airport,’” Biden said during a speech on infrastructure in Philadelphia.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/vice-president-biden-blasts-la-guardia-airport-feeling-world-country-article-1.1604900

Immigration reform, long stalled in the US House, is coming down to this: Republicans don't trust President Obama to enforce immigration laws and won't act on new legislation until that trust gap narrows....

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2014/0206/Immigration-reform-Boehner-says-it-s-down-to-a-matter-of-trust