Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Burzum - Belus

Re: Burzum - Belus
March 02, 2010, 06:20:40 PM
People are intentionally bandwagoning, and may have been successfully trolled.  Why should I not be pissed off when a phenomenal album is sidelined because some retards are trying to be cool?

March 02, 2010, 06:25:34 PM
Earache boss deliberately leaked 'Belus', stating that the album was "garbage" and Vikernes a "racist dickhead".

Surely this is advertising for getting Belus, rather than advertising against it?

March 02, 2010, 06:48:32 PM
A fateful prophecy from Finnish soil, you're welcome to it:

In five years, this whole discussion will be a source of mirth and amusement to us all.

March 02, 2010, 09:35:36 PM
Earache boss deliberately leaked 'Belus', stating that the album was "garbage" and Vikernes a "racist dickhead".

Surely this is advertising for getting Belus, rather than advertising against it?

Maybe, I just thought it was amusing and kind of ironic.

March 02, 2010, 09:57:32 PM
Vikernes is a genius. Just look at this:

- I have zero in income and will never be able to repay what I owe. The only way out is bankruptcy. Then I can perhaps earn my own money in five years.

Then it came that guy from earache, and then the Byelobog announcement.

This looks like high level trolling.

March 02, 2010, 10:30:46 PM
People are intentionally bandwagoning, and may have been successfully trolled.  Why should I not be pissed off when a phenomenal album is sidelined because some retards are trying to be cool?

What if I don't like it? Am I doomed to being a pretentious dick until I agree with you? Seriously, this is the shittiest thread on the forum; moderators: please delete.
Classicism in art, royalism in politics, Catholicism in religion

March 03, 2010, 02:58:48 AM
http://byelobog.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/burzum-belus-proceeds-to-haiti-earthquake-victims/

Varg lends support to Haiti relief effort.

People on this forum believe this is real, therefore, what the fuck is wrong with all of you. OH WAIT! Now that it's the group opinion that Varg is a sell out because of some vague and unfounded wording thrown around, your views of reality have become skewed and corrupt. Hmm...

March 03, 2010, 04:06:41 AM
People are intentionally bandwagoning, and may have been successfully trolled.  Why should I not be pissed off when a phenomenal album is sidelined because some retards are trying to be cool?

What if I don't like it? Am I doomed to being a pretentious dick until I agree with you? Seriously, this is the shittiest thread on the forum; moderators: please delete.

I'd ask you why you "don't like it" and then tear your arguments to shreds, as I have been doing since people first started wanting it to be bad.

I don't like Engram.  I've listened to it far too much, probably.  Even so, I can appreciate that it's a tremendous album.  Similarly, I can appreciate that Belus is a tremendous album, and I also happen to like it, despite setting aside over an hour every day to listen to it, repeating some songs when necessary.

March 03, 2010, 04:17:42 AM

I'd ask you why you "don't like it" and then tear your arguments to shreds, as I have been doing since people first started wanting it to be bad.

And some people may dislike just because they, you know, don't like it. "Since people first started wanting it to be bad..." sounds like a nifty method of drowning out others arguments to me. I very much enjoy spirited debate, but so far little people in this thread (including you) have provided absolutely none of that. Instead of presenting your evidence and letting it be compared, you're using weak attempts to guilt-trip others into feeling like they only disliked the album due to ideological motivations, a.k.a. "wanting it to be bad". If you have a counter-argument, present it. I'll be happy to read it! I'm just tired of reading all the bickering.
Classicism in art, royalism in politics, Catholicism in religion

March 03, 2010, 08:31:12 AM
USI - you haven't torn anyone's arguments to shreds. You've complained. Whose opinion of the album is it that you believe you've changed?
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

March 03, 2010, 09:48:46 AM
Quote from: Erosion
Hey man, I have the right to believe in what I want!

Quote from: istaros
Well that's, like, just your opinion, MAN.

Istaros and Erosion just buggered it up for the entire anti-Belus team.

Erosion, I've presented my arguments in this thread, on the DLA blog, on numerous forums, and even on antihumanism.com.  My "guilt-tripping" (read: accurate realisation of intent) started after people failed to respond to anything that I said with anything other than "lololol you sound pretty butthurt" and similar.  Countless people have posted their entirely worthless "opinions" of the album without looking at the actual facts which I (and others, I might add) have offered.  Most people have regurgitated the DLA's standpoint, even occasionally rewording the DLA's points to make it look like the posters themselves thought of them.

Right now, it's on you to present reasons for "not liking" the album.  If you say it sounds too much like Drudkh/Enslaved/Borknagar/Russians, then I've already countered that.  If you say the structure is too simplistic, then I've already countered that.  If you say that the riffs are uninteresting, even the DLA disagree.  If you don't like "Sverddans", then, by all means, listen to War, or tracks 4+ of Filosofem, or Dauthi Baldrs, or check out the context and then realise that it sounds like a duel (god fucking damnit).

If you don't like it because you "don't like it", then you can geeeet ooouuut.  "Opinion" is far too weak an argument for ANUS.

March 03, 2010, 09:56:55 AM
Wow, Cargest's winning the war for Burzum. Maybe Vikernes will give him a medal.

"Anti-belus team"? You're just too ridiculous. 

March 03, 2010, 10:30:25 AM
I'm also winning the war for good music.  Maybe Bach will give me a medal, too.

"Drawing attention away from my points about the music and criticising my understanding of the situation"? You're just too ridiculous.

E

March 03, 2010, 11:40:23 AM
Now that Cargést has won us all over, and maybe even I don't want my 2x 52:16 minutes back anymore, it looks like the soap opera isn't over just yet: PHD launched its fresh Burzum clothing line and ORG is back with a major trolling opportunity for the artists/'artists' among us.

March 03, 2010, 02:31:00 PM
Hmm I waited all this time to make a response to this and the answer I felt I could use here is this: If this new album is not up to par or not how you would like it, then simply put let us see your musical efforts. This is not directed to anyone, but this is in general.  I am only saying this because overall I am tired of folks here in the town I live in who talk about community and so forth and I am the one who does everything they talk about.... I am the one that puts forth energy, time, and dedication.

Anyways, not being a Burzum expert, I still have yet to listen to this release closer...