Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Should one strive for success in society, too?

February 27, 2010, 02:38:29 AM
The higher echelons of society are the areas where any human being should aspire to be.

This isn't true at all. One should be satisfied with the station God has assigned to them.

February 27, 2010, 04:15:02 PM
But are these things "greater" than what they did?

I mean, are we to assume that this is a lesser field?  I wonder if that is what they think?   Do these men go on to be bankers and teachers and think of their bands the same way suburbanites think of their high school Bon Jovi rip off group.  That is rather frightening.

E

February 27, 2010, 07:12:50 PM
But are these things "greater" than what they did?

This was a 'where are they now' thread from the start.

Do these men go on to be bankers and teachers and think of their bands the same way suburbanites think of their high school Bon Jovi rip off group.  That is rather frightening.

Reminds me of a certain norwegian artist who went on from being a genius to become 'a musician', apparently without noticing it himself.

February 27, 2010, 07:32:38 PM
Reminds me of a certain norwegian artist who went on from being a genius to become 'a musician', apparently without noticing it himself.

A certain Norwegian artist? I could name close to a hundred.

E

February 28, 2010, 10:04:24 AM

Most of those 5 artists you refer to (corrected for my definition of 'genius') are capable of critical self-reflection and realize that their once great projects turned into jokes at some point.
What I was alluding to is how the artist in question apparently has not the faintest idea of how great his first 4 albums were, which is, indeed, a bit frightening. Even when it comes from a notorious not-so-stable mind.

Most of those 5 artists you refer to (corrected for my definition of 'genius') are capable of critical self-reflection and realize that their once great projects turned into jokes at some point.
What I was alluding to is how the artist in question apparently has not the faintest idea of how great his first 4 albums were, which is, indeed, a bit frightening. Even when it comes from a notorious not-so-stable mind.
You're either referring to Fenriz or Vikernes.

E

You're either referring to Fenriz or Vikernes.
No: mentally unstable =/= downright senile.

This thread was amputated for some reason, yet all has been said in what is now OP.