Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Artists/works needing reviews

Re: Artists/works needing reviews
April 19, 2006, 12:50:49 PM
Just listened to it, not that great either.

You are wrong   ;D

April 19, 2006, 02:33:38 PM

You are wrong   ;D

I am, it's getting better with each listen

April 20, 2006, 04:58:47 PM
Is Drudkh any good?

No, not really.  They bore me to death (and im a fan of drone....)

TC

April 20, 2006, 05:02:35 PM
Is Drudkh any good?

well, i think so.

April 20, 2006, 05:05:54 PM
They at least deserve a listen.

April 20, 2006, 05:20:41 PM
Is Drudkh any good?

Forgotten Legends could have been a great album. Its melody was extremely evocative, and I independently felt a feeling of autumn in the music without ever seeing the artwork or hearing anyone say anything about it, only to find out that many also experienced the same thing. Unfortunately, each song should be about half its length. Too much repetition with no development. I'd call it a let-down.

April 20, 2006, 06:42:47 PM
I wonder which shouldn't Isis been reviewed here. Their music is somewhat nihilistic and their last two albums are great

April 21, 2006, 05:55:42 AM
Is Drudkh any good?

Apart from being repetitive at times, I think they're a great band. It brings to mind Burzum's music with a bit more of a folky feel. I haven't heard the latest album yet.

April 21, 2006, 01:35:07 PM
My Dying Bride - early LPs/EPs

Wolfbane

April 21, 2006, 08:23:07 PM
Some more additions

Vlad Tepes
Master-Unreleased 1985 album

April 22, 2006, 02:57:03 PM
Metal Church's self titled first album needs review. This power metal debut was well received among many black metal listeners "back in the day". Album The Dark came next and was pretty powerful itself.

April 23, 2006, 06:25:15 AM
I wonder which shouldn't Isis been reviewed here. Their music is somewhat nihilistic and their last two albums are great

lawl no.

Drudkh is good, at least in my opinion, for a post 1997 band. The melodies in Autumn Aurora are just fantastic. As someone said before, minus the artwork and titles, and you'd still definately feel an autumn vibe in the music.

Seconded Vlad Tepes and early MDB, I'm still personally wanting a Xasthur and Bethlehem review, but I doubt it will happen.

April 24, 2006, 08:05:53 PM

Forgotten Legends could have been a great album. Its melody was extremely evocative, and I independently felt a feeling of autumn in the music without ever seeing the artwork or hearing anyone say anything about it, only to find out that many also experienced the same thing. Unfortunately, each song should be about half its length. Too much repetition with no development. I'd call it a let-down.

I agree completely.  It just simply does not go anywhere.  Occasionally put it on as background music but it's hard to sit through otherwise.

Seconded Vlad Tepes and early MDB, I'm still personally wanting a Xasthur and Bethlehem review, but I doubt it will happen.

The excuse will be: Xasthur has too much material (quantity/quality) or has not been around long enough, or "just another bedroom black metal artist", or something.  I find his work to be very impressive though, nothing "extraordinary" but just good at evoking a mood, like Abyssic Hate/Nortt/etc...

Ah, an Abyssic Hate page would be nice

April 24, 2006, 08:19:24 PM
Drudkh seems to be held so highly by the modern black metal community that their popularity alone would motivate a review, even if it involves them being shit on.

And as was said, there are some positive aspects to the music, but some detrimental aspects as well. They seem to be a good example of more recent music that almost gets it right.

Autumn Aurora does have great melodies, but their use of repetition isn't nearly as effective as you would find in say, Burzum. It's as if they desired to be repetitious without an understanding of the minimalist approach. Too much repetition without subtle background variation, and the riff changes sometimes feel like they come out of left field musically, even if the atmosphere stays relatively the same. I will still give a yes vote for a review though, I think it's worth the time.

April 25, 2006, 11:42:28 PM
lawl no.

A simple sentence standing as an argument would be ok, but "lawl no" doesn't in itself make you right about anything