Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

How to end hipsterism, metalcore and deathcore?

How do we exterminate hipsterism in metal and kill off the awful styles of deathcore and metalcore?

I heard today that some metalcore fan said "All of the songs on Reign in Blood sound the same, Lamb of God is better! Tom Araya can't sing, he is shouting some words". The biggest problem with these kids into nu-metal/metalcore/deathcore is they don't  seem to have any sense of differentiation at all. Let alone metal, they can't even differentiate genres of music in general.

Any suggestions on how to end these trends? How do we defeat these mindless hipsters besides just arguing with them?

Wait.

Ignore it, except for poking occasionally fun at it.  Don't let it anger you, it's like feeding a troll.  To a certain extent, they want to provoke negative reaction against themselves, be hated, and thus have someone to blame for their victimization.  Also, rageahol is addictive.

Any suggestions on how to end these trends? How do we defeat these mindless hipsters besides just arguing with them?

1.- Wait. It is very possible that "metal" music may lose popularity in the mainstream in the coming years, anyway:

2.- Help ANUS, Deathmetal.org and Hessian.com with promotion, and if you dare, with your own collaborations.

3.- Listen to Tomas Luis de Victoria. That kind of stuff repels hipsters.

Ignore it, except for poking occasionally fun at it.  Don't let it anger you, it's like feeding a troll.  To a certain extent, they want to provoke negative reaction against themselves, be hated, and thus have someone to blame for their victimization.  Also, rageahol is addictive.

Aye, ignore it. And never, ever give in.. remain as you are, being true to yourself is more rewarding than being a part of any masturbatory sub-culture of hapless, directionless drones.

Also, if they seem willing enough, promote music of higher quality and rather than outright state how much better it is, use your head to coerce (lead) them with positive words and ease them into understanding the music. If they just want to ignore you, and cry to All That Remains.. they are for shit, and probably will never care.

I wouldn't worry about it, because there isn't much you can do about it.  Metalcore is just the low water mark for metal quality these days.  If it is eliminated, something else will take it's place.  Something "untrue" always has to stand in opposition to whatever the latest form of legitimate metal is.  You could argue things have been getting better over the years.  Metalcore is marginally better than Nu-Metal, which in turn in marginally better than hair metal.  No one will admit it around here because everyone sees things in black and white.  As far as practical advice goes, it isn't hard to avoid the music you hate, so just stick with that.

How do we exterminate hipsterism in metal and kill off the awful styles of deathcore and metalcore?

The metalcore/deathcore trend is dead; the indie/emo blackmetal-flavored rock trend is still gaining momentum. It helps to volunteer for people who are providing information for those biologically able to appreciate it. For those who are congenitally clueless, the only solution is general eugenics.

Kill 'em all.  The other genres will not fade though, but they don't need to if less consumer heads support them.  

(I'm not a metal head by any means, and I don't pretend to be one either, but even a casual listener can understand hipster's destructive shenanigans.  There is more to life than looking cool, such as being clean & not smoking crack.)

Again, I'm going to have to go to my fall back answer: cannibalism.  If you want to get rid of hipsters and retards, EAT THEM!

There is more to life than looking cool, such as being clean & not smoking crack.)

It's okay to take intravenously, though.

even a casual listener can understand hipster's destructive shenanigans.

That's the thing -- hipsters destroy whatever genre they infest. And no one wants to talk about it for fear of offending yet another modern clique that has vengeance on its mind, because it has fabricated a myth of injustice to justify its dissolute, dysfunctional, disorganized and directionless self-serving behavior.