Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Triptykon

Triptykon
March 19, 2010, 07:41:42 PM
Eparistera Daimones

This is the first from them I've heard. I think Tom Warrior may be the smartest and most honest dude in metal at this point. But this CD sucks.

Like most old school bands trying to go new-school, they build it around the vocal rhythm, not shape everything around the guitars.

Riffs have gotten weaker in response. It's simple like a doom-metal band, but with lots of post-rock and indie-elements, trying to avoid being pure death metal. Most of the Pantera elements have been replaced by something like whatever Hail of Bullets is; really one-dimmensional death metal structured around the vocals, I guess, like Pantera but more cheesily modern.

This is fairly awful. If it weren't by ex-Celtic Frost songwriters, it would be ignored.

Re: Triptykon
April 10, 2010, 06:12:32 PM
I actually don't understand why this couldn't be the next Celtic Frost record. I mean it sounds like a successor to Monotheist from what I've heard so far. Maybe less slow parts (then again I haven't heard the CD yet, I'm only going by samples). In either case I'm picking this up out of sheer curiosity, I think it sounds like Monotheist with a far better drummer and vocals that are a little bit more like To Mega Therion with some Peter Steele (in Carnivore) influence.