Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

GORGUTS: New Song Samples Available - Mar. 21, 2010

Just sounds like a lot of pointless, masturbatory noodling to me. When I listen to Gorguts, it is almost invariably the first two albums, with a heavy lean toward "Considered..." at that. Which probably explains why I'm not really excited about these self-indulgent finger gymnastics.      

I am the same. I can't help but consider Obscura a precursor to the deathcore movement. It contains some skillful parts but I cannot appreciate the album.

Some of you really are wankers. Arm chair conservatives (read: people who can't handle changes in perspective). You contribute nothing to the world but negativity. You're the worst kind of no-sayers. You mask personal, vindictive opinions in 'objecitivity' like Nietzshe's 'slaves'.

'Some skillful parts'. Fuck me.

GORGUTS -- NEW SONG (Live in Boston, 5/25/10)  on YouTube
That was enjoyable. I'm surprised at cohesive the riffs were, considering the band personnel.

Pretty awesome music! It's new and raw to my ears. I got to download it, and it's really awesome!! thanks for sharing!!

Holy shit, that's fucking awful.  And that's coming from someone who adores "Obscura"!

Someone needs to tell Luc to stop trying to be a more-avant-garde-than-thou jazz-jam faggot, and get back to metal.

I suppose you just want Luc to release the same album over and over again.

Team,

The logical fallacy of false dilemma (also called false dichotomy, the either-or fallacy) involves a situation in which only two alternatives are considered, when in fact there are other options.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

Here's an example:

Person 1: We need to fix the fucking wall.

Person 2: Let's use cheese.

Person 1: I don't think that will work.

Person 2: Fine, use semen instead! That'll never work either.

If Gorguts' new album blows, then there are other options including making a non-shitty album in the new style. It's not "do it the old way" or "love the new stuff" with no middle area.

This also applies to another comment on this page, but I'll trust you sharp-eyed shit-slingers to spot it.

From what I heard, still sounds like the same Gorguts to me. Doesn't really matter cause I think they're mediocre anyway.

The new song sounded OK to me; needs development.

Here's the problem: Gorguts think the reason people like them is the freaky stuff they do on the guitars, like the goofy harmonic riffs and wiggling out of time solos, but the real reason people like them is that the composition behind Obscura et al is a fun maze. It's unexpected, yet the melodies come together and make it beautiful. It's the art, not the adornment.

With Negative, the artists formerly known as Gorguts went deeply into the trivial and in parallel, decided to be dishonest and pander to the nu-metalcore demographic.

If Gorguts is going to come back, it's going to be by returning the focus to the composition and making it say something significant. It doesn't really matter what style they do it in, although old school death metal offers more room for that than the distraction-enhanced metalcore.

something about the live performance reminded me of Neurosis' Souls at Zero that i cant quite articulate. its fucking terrible, but anyone else get that feeling?

Just sounds like a lot of pointless, masturbatory noodling to me. When I listen to Gorguts, it is almost invariably the first two albums, with a heavy lean toward "Considered..." at that. Which probably explains why I'm not really excited about these self-indulgent finger gymnastics.      

I am the same. I can't help but consider Obscura a precursor to the deathcore movement. It contains some skillful parts but I cannot appreciate the album.

Some of you really are wankers. Arm chair conservatives (read: people who can't handle changes in perspective). You contribute nothing to the world but negativity. You're the worst kind of no-sayers. You mask personal, vindictive opinions in 'objecitivity' like Nietzshe's 'slaves'.

'Some skillful parts'. Fuck me.

Obscura is a fantastic album.  It just requires repeated listens to appreciate, moreso than most albums.

The new song sounded OK to me; needs development.

Here's the problem: Gorguts think the reason people like them is the freaky stuff they do on the guitars, like the goofy harmonic riffs and wiggling out of time solos, but the real reason people like them is that the composition behind Obscura et al is a fun maze. It's unexpected, yet the melodies come together and make it beautiful. It's the art, not the adornment.

With Negative, the artists formerly known as Gorguts went deeply into the trivial and in parallel, decided to be dishonest and pander to the nu-metalcore demographic.

If Gorguts is going to come back, it's going to be by returning the focus to the composition and making it say something significant. It doesn't really matter what style they do it in, although old school death metal offers more room for that than the distraction-enhanced metalcore.

I got the impression that Negativa wasn't Luc Lemay behind the wheel.  But you're right about the dishonest part -- the fact that they have a female vocalist is pretty much a death spell to credibility; maybe she'll have some truly throat-crushing vocals, but I won't put my money behind it.

I want to listen to these clips, but at the same time, I don't want to risk have a sudden anal evacuation over my beloved gorguts falling from grace, so I'll just wait and see.

The first few samples (of the same song) leaked a couple of years ago weren't bad. However, they've since released 2 songs that truly do sound like KoRn rehashed. I imagine this is a combination of Longstreth's presence and Lemay's foray through Negativa.

Hi everybody !

Luc here,

Just a few words to let you know where we are with the songwriting of the new album. We got together at the end of January to finish up the last songs to complete the album. Colin and Kevin have contributed to the album with a song each. Amazingly well composed their songs suits the Gorguts aesthetic wonderfully.

The album will have a total of 9 songs including one instrumental piece for string orchestra composed by me. The album is going to be over one hour long. It still very brutal but darkly, ambient and progressive as well. The album main concept is going to be a musical journey that will talk about the wonders of Tibet as well as the dramatic fate theyve been going through for over 50 years now.

Im hard at work on the lyrics as Im writing this update. For this album, I wanted to have all the music finished first before writing any lyrics. This way, having all the musical canvas done I can now concentrate on the story telling aspect. When everything will be ready were going to record the album along with my longtime friend and producer Pierre Remillard at his Wild Studio in Quebec.

Since were still discussing with a label, we cant tell you a street date yet for the release of the album but were shooting for this Summer. In the meantime, you can enjoy for the first time this new song (at our MySpace) taken from one of our pre-production session which was recorded by Colin at Menegroth, The Thousand Caves Studio in Queens NY.

http://www.myspace.com/gorgutsofficial

The wait is almost over for us to unleash this new beast.

All the best
Luc

http://www.facebook.com/notes/gorguts/gorguts-news-february-25-2011/185067861529765

Spiffy.

Colin and Kevin have contributed to the album with a song each.

Garbage. This could ruin an otherwise fantastic album. DIE DIE DIE DIE.

The album will have a total of 9 songs including one instrumental piece for string orchestra composed by me. The album is going to be over one hour long.

Best news in a long, long time.

as the dramatic fate theyve been going through for over 50 years now.

Is this a fucking joke?

FREE TIBET, EAT COUSCOUS, AND LISTEN TO GORGUTS!