Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

New Amerika.org article? You tell me!

Re: New Amerika.org article? You tell me!
March 23, 2010, 05:15:17 PM

Um, I'd hate to make this personal, but did you read my post? I didn't make any of the points you attacked in your response here. Maybe you were poking fun at those funny little individualists I was also poking fun at?

Most of what is written in your post are citations, and what you write is very similar to what people in this thread is commenting

But it is a good idea to work on it, not directly with these citations, but borrowing the essential ideas and refuting them in your article.

March 23, 2010, 05:23:35 PM
I suspected Christianity had gained a foothold around here.  Due to the change in leadership this place has really changed over the years.  Whatever happened to the days of the metal FAQ which had tips for smoking weed?  Now most people are against that.  Christianity is next.  Soon after classical music will be the only acceptable music and metal will be degraded.  The site will undergo a complete reaction formation, much like Adam Yahiye Gadahn.

Good. Stagnation sucks, and this site has always sought realism.

Realism can exist in Christianity. I am a Hindu, and always will be, but when a Christian dogma overlaps with mine, or I can inject transcendental idealism into it as Meister Eckhart did, I'm not going to feel bad about it. Spread the philosophy, not the label.

The grim fact is that conservatism, reverent spirituality and self-discipline trump smoking weed and being self-centered like all pop culture is... and most metalheads are. Christians are far more effective than a group of stoned, drunk, couch-sitting self-pleasers who won't organize to do anything in public service because it harshes their buzz or otherwise impedes their unfettered pathological pursuit of personal pleasure..

Did that ever occur to others? Notice how the functional people around here tend to be conservative and service-minded. The non-functional people are dedicated to themselves.

Like it or not, this site provides information about The Future to many younger members, and if its writers discover something is a foul lie, they shouldn't pass it on -- that would be disrespectful and vile.

If you were 35, and looked back and saw that of the pot-smokers you knew, one in ten turned out alright, versus eight in ten for non-smokers, would you keep telling younger people that weed is cool?

It still seems to support metal, and blasphemy, even as it supports transcendental idealism. Something tells me that whatever interpretation of Christianity it has is radically different from what most people expect...

March 23, 2010, 05:33:00 PM
I am a Hindu

I didn't know you were Indian/part-Indian.

March 23, 2010, 06:52:26 PM
I am a Hindu

I didn't know you were Indian/part-Indian.

I am not, but I'd be proud to be. Indians are the most civilized people on earth, have the best food and the best culture.

That being said, I am a Westerner, and I realize that Hinduism is philosophically identical to Western paganism and transcendental idealism.

So I will act out the role given me by life in the West, and trust in nature/God/trees to make all else right.

March 23, 2010, 08:02:25 PM
A Hindu in essence, though not by blood (which I seem to recall being a prerequisite of being a Hindu, at least in the eyes of some Hindus).  I have to say, I agree - my own personal "religious" beliefs tie in nicely with the concept of Brahman=God=Existence="The Fact of Everything Being In This Current State".  Essentially, Panentheism.

March 24, 2010, 01:55:25 AM

If you were 35, and looked back and saw that of the pot-smokers you knew, one in ten turned out alright, versus eight in ten for non-smokers, would you keep telling younger people that weed is cool?

Where are you going with such statements?

In another thread you support mass extermination of every one under 120 IQ, yet now you're saying that 8 in 10 non-smokers "turn out alright"?

You're all over the place, and it's hard to follow.

March 24, 2010, 01:58:19 AM

I am not, but I'd be proud to be. Indians are the most civilized people on earth, have the best food and the best culture.

Have you seen anything about India in the last 20 years? The rich are no different to any materialistic Western capitalist ethos (look at how the IPL is destroying cricket for a good example, not that you probably care about sport, but it's evidence of their mindset) whilst the poor suffer in third world conditions.

March 24, 2010, 03:41:02 AM
I suspected Christianity had gained a foothold around here.  Due to the change in leadership this place has really changed over the years.  Whatever happened to the days of the metal FAQ which had tips for smoking weed?  Now most people are against that.  Christianity is next.  Soon after classical music will be the only acceptable music and metal will be degraded.  The site will undergo a complete reaction formation, much like Adam Yahiye Gadahn.

Good. Stagnation sucks, and this site has always sought realism.

Realism can exist in Christianity. I am a Hindu, and always will be, but when a Christian dogma overlaps with mine, or I can inject transcendental idealism into it as Meister Eckhart did, I'm not going to feel bad about it. Spread the philosophy, not the label.

The grim fact is that conservatism, reverent spirituality and self-discipline trump smoking weed and being self-centered like all pop culture is... and most metalheads are. Christians are far more effective than a group of stoned, drunk, couch-sitting self-pleasers who won't organize to do anything in public service because it harshes their buzz or otherwise impedes their unfettered pathological pursuit of personal pleasure..

Did that ever occur to others? Notice how the functional people around here tend to be conservative and service-minded. The non-functional people are dedicated to themselves.

Like it or not, this site provides information about The Future to many younger members, and if its writers discover something is a foul lie, they shouldn't pass it on -- that would be disrespectful and vile.

It still seems to support metal, and blasphemy, even as it supports transcendental idealism. Something tells me that whatever interpretation of Christianity it has is radically different from what most people expect...

This is a much more succinct explanation of what I was trying to stab at with my lengthy, cumbersome post. I'll keep this in mind when scribing up my next article.

March 25, 2010, 05:10:51 AM
The problem is that truth is taboo when the peasants (sorry, "average people") are in charge. So you have to tell the truth, but not confrontationally, without losing the momentum. That's why I like the CORRUPTian statements "diversity doesn't work" and "democracy rewards the lowest common denominator" (those are paraphrases) because they tackle the issue head-on without backing down or getting all skinhead

God

March 25, 2010, 06:48:07 AM
The problem is that truth is taboo when the peasants (sorry, "average people") are in charge. So you have to tell the truth, but not confrontationally, without losing the momentum. That's why I like the CORRUPTian statements "diversity doesn't work" and "democracy rewards the lowest common denominator" (those are paraphrases) because they tackle the issue head-on without backing down or getting all skinhead

"diversity doesn't work", "democracy rewards the lowest common denominator", blanket statements? yes, truth? no

March 25, 2010, 06:59:23 AM

"diversity doesn't work", "democracy rewards the lowest common denominator", blanket statements? yes, truth? no

Elaborate.

God

March 25, 2010, 07:22:37 AM
Articles originating from blanket statements blogged by Corrupt.org are mostly biased but for the gullible "nihilist", they are perhaps the holy grail. I wonder how the people from Corrupt though would measure up with a Libertarian debater or an Objectivist?

NHA

March 25, 2010, 08:06:41 AM
Usually debate skill doesn't really have a whole lot to do with whats being discussed.

March 25, 2010, 08:17:33 AM
Articles originating from blanket statements blogged by Corrupt.org are mostly biased but for the gullible "nihilist", they are perhaps the holy grail. I wonder how the people from Corrupt though would measure up with a Libertarian debater or an Objectivist?

I figured your explanation would be something along these lines. I've said this so many times at this forum that my head is starting to hurt, but all the information I received from your statement amounts to "I disagree! Oh, and here's what I DO agree with!" For your information, many of the readers here do not exactly appreciate the direction that Corrupt.org has been taking; namely a more conservative and Christian-rooted one. Also, there are little people here who ascribe to the club-house term nihilist, and even less pretend that some sort of psuedo-elitist criteria are associated with the term. Explain your position in a manner that is informative and discussable, or do not do so at all. Thank you.

March 25, 2010, 03:00:35 PM

Post-counter examples if you have 'em. Where is diversity working and democracy not rewarding the LCD? And an Objectivist -- are you joking? They are philosophically incoherent. Payn Rand is just dumbed-down Nietzsche for crass trailer-dwellers who love their paychecks more than their dysfunctional families. CORRUPT really sucks when it tries to pander to these people instead of the elite few. What are you trying to do, teach the peasants to fly?