Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

From the Dept. of Things That Make No Sense: RABM

I recently became aware of a movement dubbed 'Red and Anarchist Black Metal.' Has anybody heard of this? I guess it's supposed to be black metal informed by radical leftist ideals. Right, and I play Rastafarian Polka. This strikes me as a wholly ridiculous concept. Now, I'm all for pointing out that Nazis are stupid, and that most NSBM is garbage, but it seems to me that if black metal has any political ideology behind it, then it is right-wing. Just sayin'.

Links:

http://r-a-b-m.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=315672786893

What do people think of this? I think it's more evidence that hipsters ruin every single thing they touch. Note that Wolves in the Throne Room is associated with this movement.

Iskra and Martyrdod are not Black Metal bands. They are crust punk bands with traces of BM influence. The fact that the group creators have no idea about the bands they're talking about further presents this as the idiotic shit it is.

Also, this concept seems ridiculous. Black Metal is indeed right-wing, and the bands that aren't usually don't have any sort of political stance. What is leftist about wanting to eliminate the weak? Nothing. Utterly stupid.

This shit is retarded but at least they uploaded some good crustcore. Knowing those hippies it's probably in a low bitrate though...

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like it's in 192kbps or so judging by the file size. Not spectacular, but they've beaten out your average Mexican DESCARGAAQUI666HAILSATAN blogspot for quality.

"Zero tolerance with the intolerant."

Oh, how I laughed.  Hypocrisy is so enjoyable :)

That's Euronymous fault.

Well, I gotta hand it to the xtian BM bands: at least it didn't take them 15 years to come up with their silly adaption of BM.

Nazi Ska

This dumb racist version of ska is stupid in the same exact measure that Red and Anarchist Black Metal is.

Nazi Ska

This dumb racist version of ska is stupid in the same exact measure than Red and Anarchist Black Metal is.

Ok, this makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. Ska originated in Jamaica, from the minds of black musicians. People really don't have anything better to do, huh?

NHA

I don't think propaganda really cares what vehicle its being delivered in. It just needs something catchy for people to latch on to.

"come for the music, stay for the politics"

Besides, all these so called black genres are mostly hybridisations resulting from colonial influence anyway. 

Yeah but I mean its just silly and utterly ignorant to form a WP band in a genre that was created by black musicians.

Then again, with the amount of Christian idiotic immature white fanboys ska has now, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that WP was the next step.

I recently became aware of a movement dubbed 'Red and Anarchist Black Metal.' Has anybody heard of this? I guess it's supposed to be black metal informed by radical leftist ideals. Right, and I play Rastafarian Polka. This strikes me as a wholly ridiculous concept. Now, I'm all for pointing out that Nazis are stupid, and that most Narrow Squirting Bowel Movement is garbage, but it seems to me that if black metal has any political ideology behind it, then it is right-wing. Just sayin'.

Links:

http://r-a-b-m.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=315672786893

What do people think of this? I think it's more evidence that hipsters ruin every single thing they touch. Note that Wolves in the Throne Room is associated with this movement.

I think Anarchist Black metal is the only consequence when it comes to politics in Blackmetal! All this NS bullshit is stupid as fuck, because its just the opposite of the idea of radical individualism, that black metal was all the time! Even when you think that this "survival of the fittest" thing is your way, you cant ignore that all fascist scum always lost the fights and wars! You should educate yourself a little bit for example about the spanish civil war, the role of the church and their connection to the franco fascists. But thats just one example...and then you should think again if it really makes no sense at all.

I think Anarchist Black metal is the only consequence when it comes to politics in Blackmetal! All this NS bullshit is stupid as fuck, because its just the opposite of the idea of radical individualism, that black metal was all the time! Even when you think that this "survival of the fittest" thing is your way, you cant ignore that all fascist scum always lost the fights and wars! You should educate yourself a little bit for example about the spanish civil war, the role of the church and their connection to the franco fascists. But thats just one example...and then you should think again if it really makes no sense at all.

Black Metal was never about "radical individualism".  It was always about Collectivism, from the perspective of the Individual - "What can I, as I am now, do to improve my family/tribe/clan/other significant group?", as well as "Can I, by improving myself, improve my <group>?".

Black Metal was never about "radical individualism".  It was always  about Collectivism, from the perspective of the Individual - "What can I, as I am now, do to improve my family/tribe/clan/other significant group?", as well as "Can I, by improving myself, improve my <group>?".

I always got the opposite impression from Black Metal. That it was a misanthropic endeavor pursued by ones who do not wish to stand as part of any collective.

Black Metal was never about "radical individualism".  It was always about Collectivism, from the perspective of the Individual - "What can I, as I am now, do to improve my family/tribe/clan/other significant group?", as well as "Can I, by improving myself, improve my <group>?".
I believe you are imposing your personal philosophy -- or at least your personal definition of what the philosophy of black metal should be -- upon a movement that as, a whole, is pretty ideologically inconsistent. An earlier thread featured Mannheim, admittedly a fairly minor player in the scene, claiming black metal is about individual freedom, while fellow bandmate Euronymous on multiple occasions expressed hedonistic desires destructive to both the self and society. Are we to take these viewpoints completely at face-value? Of course not, the same way we don't take every but of Varg's ideology seriously.

And then there are bands and albums that really show no ideological bent except a juvenile opposition to Christianity. Is Havohej espousing some collectivist ideology? Bathory's early albums, by Quorthon's own admission, were largely schlocky, adolescent Satanism based off pulp lit, and even his later, pagan-influenced stuff was chosen mostly to piss off Christians. Black metal is neither ideologically homogenous nor particularly profound on the whole, yet it remains great, intelligent music. We should not have to impose superfluous ideologies on something to enjoy it.

That said, liberal black metal doesn't make much sense to me. Leftist policies have always been about empowering the weak, while black metal has always seemed to revel in power and its application. So in this sense I think you are right when you say this stuff doesn't fit quite right, but you are wrong on what this inconsistency is.

How stupid is that?! BM was never about something like that, never! It was about nihilism, misantrophy, individuality, standing outside society, being an outlaw, dont care about christian ethics and their bigotry... collectivism was never part of Blackmetal.