Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

[META] Activities of our users

[META] Activities of our users
March 23, 2010, 03:14:51 AM
Maybe you'd like to share something you've produced:

* Business
* Writing
* Music
* Visual Art
* Cinema
* Serial killing

Post it here.

Re: [META] Activities of our users
March 23, 2010, 06:56:04 AM
Currently I'm working on a metal archive website offering a rich variety of metal-related links on such topics as genre, history, culture, national identity, law and order, psychology, religion, occultism, etc, in such mediums as papers, articles, columns, news articles, etc. All the links are hand-picked, and all points of view are represented.

Also I'm working on a serious left-hand-path website dealing with metal as well as philosophy, spirituality, occultism, etc.

I've also recorded some left-hand-path 'mystical' music similar to throat singing.
www.TheMetalDiscourser.com
The universe is naked, attack its corpus, take a real stab at your life and let the blood flow — RIP the sound of the very fabric tearing.

March 23, 2010, 11:43:37 AM
Music by me, using software.

http://depositfiles.com/files/rv5dxxhx2

http://depositfiles.com/files/jjsny7c3h

If it pleases someone, I will upload more.
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

March 23, 2010, 03:17:56 PM
You're quite hostile.

March 25, 2010, 02:07:42 AM
Come on people, support the artists.
You're quite hostile.

March 25, 2010, 05:07:21 AM

Everyone in this society is an artist, an undiscovered genius, or a hidden sexual powerhouse. At least that's what they tell me. In my experience, fewer than one in ten thousand are exceptional at anything, and the people who are happiest either pursue their talents or stop pretending they have them, and get on with life.

March 25, 2010, 01:18:23 PM

Everyone in this society is an artist, an undiscovered genius, or a hidden sexual powerhouse. At least that's what they tell me. In my experience, fewer than one in ten thousand are exceptional at anything, and the people who are happiest either pursue their talents or stop pretending they have them, and get on with life.

Are you going to post your opinions on the music or not? I recommend starting with this one:

http://depositfiles.com/files/rv5dxxhx2
You're quite hostile.

MLK

April 03, 2010, 10:49:23 AM
Probably my best song:

http://depositfiles.com/files/pnnpj3kol
as noted, some interesting rhythmic ideas. melody, harmony, structure content lacking. A fair start. It'll help to have an overarching purpose/concept to unify the direction everything will go in, the rest will fall into place - provided that impetus is any good.

MLK

April 03, 2010, 10:50:47 AM
I have some throat-singing-esq music I made a while back. I'm very pleased with it, although I haven't had much time to refine its production (I'm not good with computers) so right now there are only three pieces on which I think the bass is OK. I think they are fairly black metal in nature, you can use it for meditation, occult ritual, shamanistic trance, etc. Personally I believe they are quite worthy of commercial distribution, if admittedly to a very niche audience, so I encourage you to give em a listen because I think you might get a kick out of it. Track titles are preliminary (and I have Youtube links for two of them if you prefer streaming):

download Cosmos (streaming)
download Nothing
download Ancient (streaming

I also have a MySpace page which makes available some of my spiritual and occult views, writings, and poetry. Mainly the MySpace is a node for my website Transcix's Guide to Crossing the Abyss which you can find the link to in my MySpace (some of the texts are rather rough drafts, it is still new but some sections are up and I think some of the material can still be useful).

too much concept, too little execution.

April 03, 2010, 09:37:09 PM
http://www.jamwave.com/artist.aspx?AID=5380

An ambient project I started a while back with a friend of mine. Mostly just for fun but metal fans seem to be the only people that appreciate this music.

April 04, 2010, 02:45:37 AM
An ambient project I started a while back with a friend of mine. Mostly just for fun but metal fans seem to be the only people that appreciate this music.

I greatly enjoyed the first piece 'churches'. Such a compelling composition and what an amazing sense of dark foreboding. There seems to be a great deal of random elements in these pieces how did you decide when and how to bring in these new elements since they are not tied to rhythm of harmony? Also I must ask how was this sound created?

April 04, 2010, 08:22:34 AM

I greatly enjoyed the first piece 'churches'. Such a compelling composition and what an amazing sense of dark foreboding. There seems to be a great deal of random elements in these pieces how did you decide when and how to bring in these new elements since they are not tied to rhythm of harmony? Also I must ask how was this sound created?

All of the sounds you hear were created from the intro on Asphyx's Embrace the Death. I took small clips of the song that had very strong tonal presence and slowed them down or altered the pitch, reversed it, added effects, etc. So, it wasn't so much a choice to pick random elements and sounds and add them in, with a multitude of them at my disposal. It was more of an exercise in sound manipulation. I just started with a creepy 70's horror movie intro and, it just evolved naturally into Churches. I am happy with the outcome. The entire song was created using Audacity, an open source sound editing program. I did this for fun and had no intention of being taken seriously. I'm glad you liked it.

April 04, 2010, 05:38:15 PM
Probably my best song:

http://depositfiles.com/files/pnnpj3kol

This reminds me of a lot of my older music.  A mix of rhythmic ideas that form a rough progression but with little cohesion.  Try lengthening each part adding simple harmonies over it and just keep experimenting.

Lament of Oaklord

This is one of several songs I've been working on recently.  If there is such a thing as a bouncy lament I believe this may be it.  I was inspired by a line from Atheist's song Formative Years: "The relationship between the elder and the youth lights the fuse that leads to all our problems and that's the truth".  Also, if not blatant, I borrowed from Tolkien's Ents.  It's not completed yet as I still have a lot of mastering to do, I haven't even began recording the vocals, and the drums, which I use fruityloops for, aren't finished.  Here are the lyrics:

Long have we lived,
far we now see
Young seed be always stubborn
in timeless fallacy
Weary are our eyes,
but yet they see
A rebel seedling stagnate
in countless tragedy
What awaits thee
scailing the walls of time?
Want of zeal for being
brings eyes clandestine
Apart for countless years;
again, again we call
to thee, 'Harken'
upon a deaf ear does fall

http://depositfiles.com/files/zakpkheyn

This is a song I made in fruityloops back in 2005 but recently rediscovered.

I'm also working on several short stories and poems that in varying stages of completion.

April 04, 2010, 08:07:03 PM
Here are some of my compositions (there are actually a lot of them, mostly short themes and incomplete songs, though)

Napapiiri (The Polar Circle)

This is a short piano composition, played by me on an acoustic piano. I'm currently writing a piano suite based mostly on the themes of this composition. I'll record and post it here when it's finished.

Päijänteen Täysikuu (The Full Moon of Lake Päijänne)

This is an older song created with FL Studio 8. It contains basic FPC drums, a bass synth and some synth pads. I left it pretty much unmixed - thus it forms a dreamy, quite gentle blend of sounds.

April 23, 2010, 02:17:20 AM
Herein lies a set of short fragmented works accomplished with only the aid of FL studio and a small amount of my time. These short pieces and half pieces of music showcase a new found appreciation for the minimal and spare. Inspired by equal parts Eno, Pärt and Burzum I present them to you to mull over and comment upon them. Just as the works rush through like a breath of fresh air I do not expect lengthy and critical analysis but rather the telling of what is impressed upon the listener. May they fill you with as much joy as I had to write them.

Fragments in C

As the title fragments admits these works are but that, fragments. Some may be complete and are nothing more than a gentle breeze or some other pleasant but momentary phenomenon while others may only contain the essence of what will be the crashing of waves on a beach, thus meaning a work of greater length and (perhaps) complexity.

EDIT: Another set of fragmented works.

Sun Cycles