Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

ANUS makes its "Divine Intervention"

ANUS makes its "Divine Intervention"
March 25, 2010, 02:58:25 PM
http://www.anus.com/zine/articles/prozak/belief_in_nothing/

What is this, remedial philosophy for high schoolers? Where ANUS used to strike out boldly and explore new territory (pre-2005), now it's circling around the same sad topics as if trying to lead us into them like callow sheep. It's like a parent trying to explain why we need to eat our vegetables. I can't help but be reminded of Slayer's epic fiasco Divine Intervention which basically ripped off their best riffs, dumbed them down and then put them into Pantera-ish childlike songs. I hope ANUS grows some balls and starts writing for the select few who can get this stuff instead of trying to make a CORRUPT-style "baby food" version of difficult ideas. Who cares what the masses of asses think? This article is so bad it's unbelievable. Maybe I should have said it's more like the Metallica "black album."

Re: ANUS makes its "Divine Intervention"
March 25, 2010, 04:08:08 PM
I liked it and will translate it to portuguese.

--

It made me wonder also about prozak's real beliefs. I mean, on this article he says that probably death will be the cessation of everything, yet he has all that spiritual, mystical hindu thing going on, on forest poetry for example, the traditionalist texts have a mystical side too. It's a little confusing. And from what I gather he seems to be one of those guys who talk to plants, or believe they have feelings. (I'm not saying they don't)

--

Another thing I liked about the article is that it helps to spread Spiritual Nihilism, a thing that is unclear to many, because most people who believe in nothing are not spiritual, so people think it's always about atheism and stuff. It's nice to spread some different views on nihilism, and necessary.

March 26, 2010, 03:31:17 PM
Actually, I think we can all agree that if this stuff didn't need repeating, we would be in a better world.

March 26, 2010, 03:47:29 PM
I think SRP wrote this article to remind people what ANUS really stands for. I think ANUS has deviated from it's original goal.

On a related note: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche - his words are immortal just like Beethoven's music or Gorguts Obscura (he he)

On a unrelated note, I would like to see some humor on the forums. It's nice to be serious and discuss things in depth but humor can make things interesting, even if the humor seems silly.

For example the Black metal is dead thread. Bring on the parodies!

March 26, 2010, 05:21:45 PM
Or maybe some jokes that AREN'T 16 years old?

Anyway, no additional humor is needed.  There are times when it is neccessary, but let's not turn this into the bullshitting forum.

March 26, 2010, 09:35:24 PM
We aren't the only people who visit the domain. Some of us actually bother to promote the A.N.U.S. site and the ideas found therein elsewhere, so some people visit for the first time. It helps to reiterate the foundation of thought here on a first impressions basis.

March 26, 2010, 09:41:49 PM

What is this, remedial philosophy for high schoolers? Where ANUS used to strike out boldly and explore new territory (pre-2005), now it's circling around the same sad topics as if trying to lead us into them like callow sheep. It's like a parent trying to explain why we need to eat our vegetables. I can't help but be reminded of Slayer's epic fiasco Divine Intervention which basically ripped off their best riffs, dumbed them down and then put them into Pantera-ish childlike songs. I hope ANUS grows some balls and starts writing for the select few who can get this stuff instead of trying to make a CORRUPT-style "baby food" version of difficult ideas. Who cares what the masses of asses think? This article is so bad it's unbelievable. Maybe I should have said it's more like the Metallica "black album."

Consider that you are posting on an ANUS discussion forum, and that correspondingly most members are at least somewhat in accord with the substance of ANUS ideology and how it is expressed in the articles on their site. Why have you posted this thread? What are you trying to argue and who are you trying to sway? I don't have time to read the article you linked to, and unless you can offer some specific examples I'm going to assume there's nothing so wrong with it. If you go onto a website for panda-lovers and you make a thread stating simply "Pandas suck!", none of the members reading your thread are going to be shocked into having an epiphany and say "oh my god, it's true it's true, I really DON'T like pandas!".

Alternatively duamtef if you would care to elaborate what aspects of ANUS ideology you feel are repeated to excess and dumbed down, and why it is a bad thing, I would be happy to consider your argument.

March 27, 2010, 12:22:17 AM
there's a practical aspect to teaching people about nihilism.  Slayer has no excuse, because if someone is new to metal, there are plenty of other, more accessible or easily digestible options - in other words there's a whole genre of metal that has been around for 40 years.  Where is the Pantera to ANUS's Slayer?

This article couldn't have come at a better time w/ regards to a few friends of mine in real life.

March 27, 2010, 09:31:59 PM
I thought it was a good article.

March 27, 2010, 11:57:33 PM
It made me wonder also about prozak's real beliefs. I mean, on this article he says that probably death will be the cessation of everything, yet he has all that spiritual, mystical hindu thing going on, on forest poetry for example, the traditionalist texts have a mystical side too. It's a little confusing. And from what I gather he seems to be one of those guys who talk to plants, or believe they have feelings. (I'm not saying they don't)

There seems to be a powerful hint -- scent of On Truth and Lies in an Extra-Moral Sense and the Bhagavad-Gita here -- that some form of imagination must be used to find religion as a metaphor, and that through that organization of the mind, transcendence and access to spirituality may follow. Not sure exactly where that stands vis-a-vis life after death or sodomy.