I wonder about the event that brought Indian people to an average IQ of 81, seriously. What happened to the wise Aryans that wrote the Vedas? My guess is that these aryans found that Christianity was more passionate and active than any other western pre-christian philosophy, thanks to the practicality of Jewish thinking (development) + the contemplative capabilities of transcendental idealism.
There are many factors which lead to the decline of the Vedic civilization. I am not an expert to explain the decline in detail. But here are some key points :
1. Spiritual decline which lead to an erosion of tradition. Hindus became lazy and did not fully understand the Vedas and other important texts. They learnt the Vedas as something out of duty and not try to fully understand it. Subsequent generations devolved spiritually and which lead to social decline.
2. Social decline lead to blindly following traditional ideas(Shastras) and loss of importance of preserving tradition. This created opportunities for some to abuse power and exploit weaknesses of the masses. This led to heavy fragmentation into various social groups which lad to formation of sects, sub sects and misplaced allegiances.
3. Too much power and wealth also helped speed up decline in tradition which accelerated the exploitation by upper castes. Classes became more prominent. Class tension mixed with caste conflict added to ever increasing confusion and fear.
4. Fear and confusion made it easy for Brahmins and other upper castes to dominate lower castes through religion. Caste system now became a hierarchy which was very rigid and used as a tool for oppression.
5. Decline in spirituality, education, tradition, social structure and political state lead to extreme fragmentation of Bharat Varsha which weakened the nation as a whole made it ripe for spiritual revolution(Bhakthi movement, Early Middle Age philosophers who initiated a Hindu Renaissance). From the 11th to 15th century, India seemed to be headed in a better direction. But India was already too weak with poor political unity which made it just right for Muslim invaders to weaken India further through continuous attacks.
6. Sustained invasions from Muslims lead India to become weaker and they took over most of North India and parts of South India and "rebuilt"(rather destroyed) in their image. They created a bastardized culture mixed with remnants of Persian culture along with Islamic "fascism" with forced culture changes in the local regions. One of the effects was the creation of the language Hindi. Sanskrit's importance had declined significantly by then, which meant severing ties with the past. There were failed attempts to revive Hinduism and it would never be the same again.
7. Muslim kings or Mughals as they are known now also became drunk with power and wealth. They became arrogant and fought among themselves while continuing to wage war with Hindu kings(many of them who died valiantly in battle).
8. In the 14th century(?) when the English monarchy "awarded" it's explorers with patents on sea faring and exploration it gave them a chance to be a dominant power without any restrictions. They were free to do anything in their capacity to monopolize trade and territory. The shrewd tactics of appeasing and bribing the Mughals and some of the weak Hindu kings allowed them to monopolize on supply of raw materials, trade and buy territory.
9. By the 19th century the East India Company through appeasement, bribes and also waging wars in so called "defense of their property" conquered most of India.
10. Hindus had already severed most of their ties to the past. The British saw this as an opportunity to brainwash Hindus and completely remove any sort of pride in their culture, tradition. Thus started probably what can be termed as one of the greatest propaganda exercises to humiliate a populace.
11. By the late 1800's most Hindus believed that they had no culture of their own and it was all an invention of the outsiders. They thought themselves as savages who were taught civilization by outside tribes. Since by now most Hindus did not have direct connections to their past they saw Western materialism brought in by the British as the only way to survive and keep a nation. Hence, they became subservient to their colonial masters. On a side note, all these imperial conquests, propaganda and brainwashing was heavily funded by the Jacobins and Rothschilds (who also supported the French Revolution and other people revolutions once aristocracy was losing it's importance).
12. The East India Company was full of atheistic materialists using Christianity(the so called benevolent religion which also spread knowledge as per Mr. Woods) for their propaganda means.
To summarize the decline of Vedic civilization(I said before that all civilizations go through a rise, peak, stagnation and fall), continuous invasions by outsiders especially Muslims, Mughal rule, British colonialism brought India to it's knees. It's simply amazing how resilient India has been. I guess that it is one of the reasons we call it Mother India. The motherland has sheltered it's children(not just Hindus even other tribes who came here seeking refuge). I think the main reason why India is still standing is because of it's Hindu roots and a 8000 year history. No nation however powerful can destroy India completely. Outsiders may take our lives, our wealth, our land but NONE will every take our spirit and our Hindu past!
The key to a peaceful world is for all cultures to co-operate while preserving their own.http://voiceofdharma.org/books/hhrmi/http://voiceofdharma.org/books/hsus/http://voiceofdharma.org/books/htemples1/http://voiceofdharma.org/books/hhce/http://voiceofdharma.org/books/tlmr/http://voiceofdharma.org/books/mssmi/http://voiceofdharma.org/books/muslimsep/http://voiceofdharma.org/books/siii/