Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Odinpop

Odinpop
April 13, 2010, 06:35:34 AM
"The frequent description of "Odinpop" does not do this album injustice but describes its approach. Three drastic and emotional but very basic pop songs in characteristic distortion and fuzz give Burzum a modern sound, like My Bloody Valentine performed by oskoreien, but the album spends the bulk of its time in two book-end ambient guitar noise pieces and the lengthy 25-minute instrumental that expresses its cosmic vision. As a result, Filosofem is like a portal between the worlds of noisy pop music and an eternal sense of meditative contemplation and suspense of animal fear"

http://www.burzum.com/burzum/music/

An excellent and underused name and description for this style of music. Did this "genre" name ever get recognized? Furthermore, were there any bands that followed in this style? Maybe ABYSSIC HATE "Suicidal Emotions" but that's all that I know of.

Re: Odinpop
April 13, 2010, 10:16:31 AM
I think most things that would otherwise be called Odinpop get lumped into ambient black metal or viking metal of some description. Is it the fact that it would fit these labels but leansmore towards a noise pop influence as well that warrants this label?

April 14, 2010, 12:44:36 PM
In any case, I find the title fitting.  The more I come to dislike the new Burzum, the more I see that FIlosofem was never as good as the older albums and all it's greatness is usuallly projected onto its blank slate by the listener.

April 17, 2010, 11:14:40 PM
Stupidest sub-genre title I've ever heard. You've got to be kidding me.

April 19, 2010, 05:09:47 AM
I actually love Filosofem. I also like a few songs from MBV.

While I do not like the new album, how many times has a band come back and lived up to the expectations?