Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hessian Attire

Re: Hessian Attire
April 20, 2010, 05:02:21 AM
Dressing to please - oh, what a pathetic concept.

If you dress against your desires, aesthetic interests to 'fit in', you will feel dirty and 'used' by society. In other words your whole being will suffer - the fire will be extinguished.

If you are afraid about what others think than:
1) You are weak.
2) You have serious social anxiety problems that need to be dealt with in therapy.

I, like a lot of metalheads found long hair, dark clothes, and band t-shirts, as the most aesthetically interesting of all fashions. I do not 'have long hair' because Darkthrone does, nor to fit into some popular subset.

By dressing according to my being (10% of human interaction) and natural body language (90% of human interaction), I have found articulate and intellectual people. Sure, I may not attract hundreds of the preppy masses, but who wants that? I want people I can relate to.

Secondly, we aren't handicapped - it is obvious to wear 'dressy' clothes to job interviews, or funerals, anyone who cannot 'take a hint' is below mental retardation.

Last of all, Corrupt is making NO progress.

Do you think democratic nations are going to accept these elitist conservative agendas? Please. Nietzsche tried to influence the 'superman' theory with all his might, and look at what progress it's made in stopping democracy. We will destroy ourselves, and pick up the pieces after, but not until we destroy ourselves.

That is all.

April 20, 2010, 03:25:59 PM
Last of all, Corrupt is making NO progress.

Do you think democratic nations are going to accept these elitist conservative agendas? Please. Nietzsche tried to influence the 'superman' theory with all his might, and look at what progress it's made in stopping democracy. We will destroy ourselves, and pick up the pieces after, but not until we destroy ourselves.

I don't know man. The site has new posts in very short time spans, that means they're focused on going foward. And I don't know the number of visitors, but there are some comments so people do visit there everyday. Besides, they use some "soft" language some times. I guess they're really influencing some people. I think the primary goal of the site was never to end democracy right away. I think they're trying to get people to think first, I don't know why but I think they will move foward with theyr goals every year. I certainly hope so. They even managed to release pentti linkola's book (weren't they involved with it?). As for Nietzsche, speaking as a guy who has not read his works but read about him, he made quite an impact as to be still printed, discussed, and appears in a lot of places today in quoting, conversation, texts about philosophy, etc. And look what he influenced that was important: ANUS, Hitler, etc.

You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

April 20, 2010, 05:29:22 PM

I, like a lot of metalheads found long hair, dark clothes, and band t-shirts, as the most aesthetically interesting of all fashions. I do not 'have long hair' because Darkthrone does, nor to fit into some popular subset.

I definitely did have long hair and wear band t-shirts when I was younger BECAUSE all of the speed/death metal that I listened to (as did most of us I'm assuming). Idolizing people is a natural phenomenon of childhood in general. I also dressed up as Sub-Zero for Halloween when I was 10 years old but did that make me a faux-person? I have no idea but I wanted to dish out Hell Awaits solos just as much as I wanted to perform fatalities on non-Hessian shits. I don't think this is a bad thing, but it's surely ignorant and innocent at the same time (which is what childhood is about- you never think you're to blame for your own faults).

I think I will have more to say on this issue given more time.
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH

April 20, 2010, 09:18:45 PM
Some folks didn't get the memo. Being yourself in order to be different is conforming. Every other hiptard recommends standing out in this way. Why not just do what works best in an adaptable manner while not giving the first impressions of a fool or loser?
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

April 20, 2010, 09:34:33 PM
I'd swap the pentagram with something more interesting.

All the satan bullshit might have been useful when christian conservatives were in charge but its pretty irrelevant now.

Something like this, but more occult maybe:

We're working on one, and have a basic idea that needs some touching up.  Expect a definitive one by the third issue at the latest.  Second issue goes up tonight.

April 20, 2010, 10:50:29 PM
Second issue goes up tonight.

Fucking ACE.

April 21, 2010, 12:58:34 AM
Also, not to be confused with the macho hipster image as follows: http://www.afflictionclothing.com/ and http://www.tapout.com/
Actually hipsters don't wear that kind of stuff, that's a new group forming around that, usually the pseudo-fighter/athletic guys.

Most hipsters are small shinny computer geeks.

April 21, 2010, 01:11:56 AM
Some folks didn't get the memo. Being yourself in order to be different is conforming. Every other hiptard recommends standing out in this way. Why not just do what works best in an adaptable manner while not giving the first impressions of a fool or loser?
Very well put!

April 21, 2010, 01:58:22 AM
Actually hipsters don't wear that kind of stuff, that's a new group forming around that, usually the pseudo-fighter/athletic guys.

The Pseudo-Fighter (UFC)/ Athletic Guy

Common around every bar, categorized by their full-print t-shirts with an ambiguous saying scrolled across the front or back (Ie: Affliction, Monarchy, Fallen, Endless Hope etc..), alcoholism, working out, tanning, hair gel, and their abandoned fascination with Godsmack and their new fetish of modern Cock-Rock (Nickleback, Buckcherry).

1 dimensional people, rarely anything to say other than stupid, tasteless humor and lack of hobbies aside from tanning, working out and drinking (so they usually fight to keep busy), and when they're not fighting, they're talking about a fight that they got into but usually its in the City, with nobody there to witness it.
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH

April 21, 2010, 02:46:24 AM
The Pseudo-Fighter (UFC)/ Athletic Guy

Saw a herd of these types recently.  One was wearing a shirt with the word BRUTALITY across the front, with the typical skull and intricate tribal/ gothic motifs.  I'm amused by the phenomena in which one tries to make himself look tough by openly displaying images that represent death and darkness to prove himself as a man, and not only a man, but a man who breaks the rules and isn't afriad to break some necks.  It's a weird way of playing out a childhood fantasy, kind of like dressing up as Sub-Zero for halloween.

I was amused by the use of word word BRUTALITY as well.  As far as I know, the popular acceptance of that adjective started in extreme metal, as did the fascination with morbid imagery.  We must indeed dissociate ourselves from these types.

April 21, 2010, 02:52:17 AM
I just watched Fight Club again, and, for all its ridiculousness, a fair few good points come up.  One of them involves Norton, the unnamed narrator, pointing to an image of a bodybuilder on an advert in a bus, and remarking to Pitt, the meta-fiction soap-salesman, that such a man tries very hard to look like he could fight.  Pitt agrees, using the appearence =/= reality argument, and the one have a good chuckle about how absurd it is to believe that you can fight just because you've made yourself look like you can fight.  It's like attaching chicken wings to your shoulders and assuming that, thus, you can fly.

April 21, 2010, 03:09:05 AM
Good point, Cargest.  And to go back to http://www.afflictionclothing.com/ , click on "Signature Series" and you will see a list of useless metal(ly) bands associated with the brand.

I believe it is also important to consider this an outgrowth of the "metrosexual" lifestyle... granted, I assume most of us are very concerned with our image.  But these guys want to distance themselves from that by constructing an appearance that is opposed, through use of the very same method.

April 21, 2010, 04:12:09 AM
I believe it is also important to consider this an outgrowth of the "metrosexual" lifestyle... granted, I assume most of us are very concerned with our image.  But these guys want to distance themselves from that by constructing an appearance that is opposed, through use of the very same method.
I have no idea what this type of style has to do with "the metrosexual lifestyle," or, for that matter, hipsters, as was mentioned earlier. As Cargest mentions and as anyone with two eyes and a brain can tell, these clothes are fucking stupid and make you look like a tool, but hipsters favor a completely different look that aims towards a lower-class sensibility while metrosexuals like to look a little gay. These guys just want to look ripped and macho while scooping up pussy at da clubs. More power to them.

Of course, they're still fucking gay, but I think there's a tendency here to label anything considered "false" as hipster, while I don't think hipsterism is as prevalent as we make it out to be.

On topic, I'm a big fan of the jeans and a metal tee look, but it's difficult for me to pull off well simply because I'm too tall for small and most medium shirts and too skinny for large, so my shirts tend to hang more loosely than I'd like. But when I bought my first metal shirt it was a big deal to me, and I would wear it proudly so everyone could see how "dark" or "badass" I was, or some shit like that. If you think I'm a fag now, you should have seen me then.

I started to wise up when I visited my grandparents' house wearing an Atheist t-shirt and pissed off my grandfather, and a year or two later pissed my mom off with a sexy new Angel Witch t-shirt featuring a full-breasted Baphomet. My family thought I was just being a rebel, and that wasn't really my intention, so I like to wear slightly more normal clothes around them. There's no use in trolling one's family. Other than that, I'll wear a band tee, usually with a hoodie or, if I'm feeling classy, a dark button-down shirt over it, anywhere, to class, to a meeting for work. I've even worn them at dance clubs, and no, Baphomet is not a chick magnet.

April 21, 2010, 05:17:46 AM
Threads like this don't belong on anus, makes metal seem more like a social scene than an artform.

April 21, 2010, 05:49:30 AM
Threads like this don't belong on anus, makes metal seem more like a social scene than an artform.
The thing is, metal is, like it or not, a social scene. Some people care more about the social scene than the art form itself -- these people think Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth are the shit and are pretty annoying to deal with in person, but there are a lot of these people wandering around. This is unavoidable, as people tend to congregate based on interests. Not to say that the idea of keeping purity in discussions of art is bad, as it is certainly admirable, but it is an unrealistic sentiment, because even if ANUS doesn't feature a whole lot Dimmu fans I feel the majority of people here try to form an identity around their appreciation of metal. This is not a value judgment, it's just how I see it.