Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Hessian Attire

Re: Hessian Attire
April 22, 2010, 02:24:58 AM
Because well manicured long hair on males looks faggy.

You know how many women would love to get the shit fucked out of them by Fabio?

April 22, 2010, 02:33:31 AM
I really don't like to be a douche, but christ dude, this shit is just begging for mockery. Must...resist...trolling..

etc.

Haha, I intended that someone should find that amusing, though I do enjoy the image :p

My family has land.  We have sheep, cows, horses, goats, chickens, a very angry bull, and we used to have two bullocks before we ate them and handed the empty hides over to the local tanner's.  Essentially, if I could have been bothered, I could have made everything which I wear on a daily basis myself, albeit using wool rather than cotton, which would get fucking itchy for t-shirts, and leather rather than denim, for jeans, which wouldn't be so bad.  As it is, I took the easy root, and bought a load of second hand crap from various people.

April 22, 2010, 02:35:19 AM
Excuse me, I mean no offense, but what exactly am I supposed to feel bad about?
YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO FEEL BAD FOR THE DEGRADATION OF ASIAN WOMEN AND COWS

If you actually read what's written, I'm not trying to make you feel bad about anything. In fact, I support 100% your desire to look good and look metal at the same time, as it is also my desire. I am only trying to dispel the notion that looking metal is somehow "anti-modern" or different from what the rest of the world is doing, because it isn't. We may have chosen a flavor of ice cream that no one else likes, but we're still buying it from the same ice cream shop.

April 22, 2010, 02:38:55 AM
Very well then.  From this thread arises a goal - the creation of a group ("company") which creates both custom and stock "Hessian clothing", manually, using homegrown materials.  In fact, that very idea brings back the concept of creating a Hessian society, wherever we might find land and agreement.

April 22, 2010, 02:50:37 AM
Just as a rhetorical question, so you don't have to answer, how old are the individuals ardently supporting Hessian Attire? I know when you're in high school or college, it's not that big of a deal, but it will start to be out of place more and more. Do you know anyone who is an actual adult (and is successful by any measure) and still dresses like this? Wearing shirts sometimes, maybe, anyone who wears eyeliner and combat boots?

Ubermensch: An existentialist, as much as in mind, but also in being. Choosing clothes and accesories for beauty. The Ubermensch will choose whatever is the most aesthetically pleasing to him - like a painter choosing colors. This does not necessarily mean change. If the ubermensch finds the metal shirt the most aesthetically pleasing of all shirts, why would he change for the sake of changing? It is the best.

The Ubermensch cares for beauty, not 'fitting in,' herd mentality fashions, or rejecting society - he is in love with the world, art, beauty, and transcending thought patterns.

Funny how every single person I see attempt to define "Ubermensch," they are really just describing themselves or their own beliefs. At this point I might just stop. You're not even going to consider you might be wrong if you think you're akin to some kind of pre-eminent superhuman. That "I don't care what anyone else thinks" attitude is a straight path to self-delusion.

And if you don't care what anyone thinks, why argue it? Why be so defensive? Does that sound like the transcendental, artfully living Ubermensch to you?

I agree the overman would be above pithy social impulses, but what you're describing is starting to sound like vanity to me. "The Ubermensch decorates himself with beautiful things. The Ubermensch portrays himself as beautiful." I thought a transcendentalist would just ignore these kind of things. What's with the obsession with your appearance?

Also keep in mind that Nietzsche valued power very highly - how are you supposed to acquire power when no one will take you seriously, see here:

Me? I wear eyeliner, metal shirts, I have long hair, an expensive Italian leather jacket, dress shoes, cargo pants. Why? They are the most aesthetically pleasing to my eye, without wearing full medieval regalia - which would be both impracticle and insane.If you hate the metalhead aesthetically, than don't portray it! if you aesthetically prefer N'SYNC for christ's sake, then fine.

Eyeliner? I don't know if I want to associate with a guy who wears makeup. Unless he's the superman, then it's awesome.

The problem with the CORRUPT article? It tries to systematize clothing. we do not remember Baudelaire or Oscar Wilde because they 'systematized their clothing.' Some say, 'poetry is art, it's not a lifestyle!' We need to crush the idea of artistic license. Being, whether it's the imagery or life, is connected.

I don't like being told how to dress either, but I can appreciate the motivation behind that article. Corrupt doesn't want to be a clubhouse where we sit around and complain about the world. They recognized that if you want the public to take you seriously, you need to present yourself and your ideas in a way they'll understand. By refusing to do this, you make yourself inconsequential. You would you do this to yourself?

You might take a minute to notice that every culture has had a predominant style at any time and that anyone with any power worked within that style.

Varg Vikernes (early era):
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/7626717/Burzum.jpg

Varg Vikernes (belus era):
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/38763653/Burzum+Varg+2009.jpg

Notice the aesthetic differences.

The second one kind of looks like a bum. But the first one is just silly. Which one looks like he has transcended aesthetics? The only bands that still do that are shitty ones, because they think too much about their image. Just another trend I noticed.

April 22, 2010, 03:13:35 AM
Varg Vikernes (early era):
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/7626717/Burzum.jpg

Varg Vikernes (belus era):
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/38763653/Burzum+Varg+2009.jpg

Notice the aesthetic differences.

The second one kind of looks like a bum. But the first one is just silly. I think he grew out of the dressing-up thing. The only bands that still do that are shitty ones, because they think too much about their image. Just another trend I noticed.
Nonsense; Averse Sefira aren't shitty ;) The real problem with the example is - the first picture is very much a staged publicity shot. The second is too, but it's more in line with the current trend of making publicity shots look natural. Point being - ol' Vik didn't walk around wearing gauntlets and a chestplate, carrying a spiked club, day-to-day. Theater is one thing, social interaction is another entirely.

April 22, 2010, 03:47:08 AM
Just as a rhetorical question, so you don't have to answer, how old are the individuals ardently supporting Hessian Attire? I know when you're in high school or college, it's not that big of a deal, but it will start to be out of place more and more. Do you know anyone who is an actual adult (and is successful by any measure) and still dresses like this? Wearing shirts sometimes, maybe, anyone who wears eyeliner and combat boots?

I don't believe offering us the most ludicrous extreme conceivable as if it were the concept under discussion and then attacking it is valid. This is a waste of our time and space because it is a strawman. Other people did the same thing in the mass 'tard elimination thread. Subtlety in Hessian attire is a roomy gradient ranging from the aforementioned extreme to merely preppy with military black dress shoes, minus faggy bright primary colors.

April 22, 2010, 05:06:30 AM
Hate to burst your bubble but.. the worlds greatest pick-up artist has long hair, eyeliner, and combat boots (by the way, I didn't mention combat boots).

Oh, but you're thinking in terms of Capitalism!

NHA

April 22, 2010, 05:25:36 AM
You referring to someone like this dude?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_%28pickup_artist%29

The peacocking bullshit is pretty hipsterish, but somehow more respectable. At least here it serves the purpose of manipulating retards into getting what you want out of them haha.

April 22, 2010, 05:30:10 AM
You either dress according to the dress code of the society you live in or you end up living in the van, telling people how, "Y'know, man, hessianism is, like, important and we should crush all infidels while listening to old Darkthrone... By the way, that new Garnier shampoo is soooo good, it makes wonders for my hair!"

I see you guys talk about social status. Well, dressing properly is part of rising in the hierarchy. How many long-haired lawyers do you know? How many presidents wear Slayer shirts? How many [real] scientists do you know doing the "warlike" thing?

Don't mind the talk, just notice the difference between the two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GORdDogxyuE

Which one are you going to trust?

Remember: Individual is nothing, society is everything. Childish games like "being metal" should be crushed. "Dressing up the way you feel" should be crushed.

the worlds greatest pick-up artist has long hair, eyeliner, and combat boots (by the way, I didn't mention combat boots).
Fuck him, he's a moron! The simple fact he spends most of his time picking chicks up should tell you a lot about him.

NHA

April 22, 2010, 05:44:44 AM
Noam isn't exactly the paragon of male fashion. Either way hes smart enough that even if he were to dress like a total moron people would still give him credibility.

Even if its fake, those "Worlds most interesting man" commercials probably set a better example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxw0_Pxymyk

April 22, 2010, 05:55:52 AM
The fact that you quote Noam Chomsky makes you a flying cunt. This thread has run it's course, and no longer has anything to contribute. Delete it.

Edit: Yes, intellectually Noam crushes most. The fact is, we're trying to find a dress sense.

NHA

April 22, 2010, 06:00:35 AM
umad?

April 22, 2010, 06:01:44 AM
The fact is Noam Chomsky in the realm of academics is sincerely low.

April 22, 2010, 06:13:36 AM
I didn't "quote" him. Nor do I associate with his philosophy. I just posted the video, because it illustrates the contrast between dressing like a normal man and dressing "the way you feel" or according to whatever subculture.