Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

National Day of Slayer

Re: National Day of Slayer
June 06, 2010, 05:08:33 PM
If you don't start with the entire album of Show No Mercy you're a pussy.
Oh, shit!  I started with Hell Awaits.  I can feel my penis inverting already!

June 06, 2010, 05:15:49 PM
If you don't start with the entire album of Show No Mercy you're a pussy.
Oh, shit!  I started with Hell Awaits.  I can feel my penis inverting already!

http://fancore.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/slayer.jpg

Caption should read: See these guitar dicks... they're not getting any smaller.

NP: Decade of Aggression disk 1. I have to vacuum my car out and I think that's a perfect time to open the garage up and spread the Slaytanic terrorism. Looks like Disk 2 will be next. Then Undisputed Attitude, and then cycling back to Show No Mercy on Vinyl.

June 06, 2010, 05:40:31 PM
Here are some lossless vinyl rips: http://pbthal.blogspot.com/search/label/Slayer. Perfect sound, better than the cd.

June 06, 2010, 05:50:54 PM
I can't believe nobody has brought up HAUNTING THE CHAPEL while we're talking about appropriate albums to blast.

CHEMICAL WARFARE!

June 06, 2010, 06:14:27 PM
Listening to every album in order.

I'm almost done with Reign in Blood.

June 06, 2010, 06:48:52 PM
Now listening to some random favorites: Praise of death, Crypts of eternity, Reborn, Live Undead, etc. -- And spreading the word.

June 06, 2010, 07:18:34 PM
I can't believe nobody has brought up HAUNTING THE CHAPEL while we're talking about appropriate albums to blast.

CHEMICAL WARFARE!

Because it's an EP, and a damn fine one.

June 07, 2010, 12:36:59 AM
Let's face it, the stuff they did up through South of Heaven was absolute magic, and the stuff after that wasn't bad at all. True, Divine Intervention through God Hates Us All is their weak patch, but World Genocide is a big improvement.

June 07, 2010, 04:32:36 AM
Listening to Slayer, repetitively all day long, as loud as humanly possible... was more fulfilling than any western holiday I've ever experienced. Lets see it grow exponentially at next year's celebration with some media coverage of mass rioting by a crazed mob of metal-heads in blood stained Slayer t-shirts! SSSSSLLLLLAAAAAAYEEEEEER!!

June 08, 2010, 04:47:30 AM
Let's face it, the stuff they did up through South of Heaven was absolute magic, and the stuff after that wasn't bad at all. True, Divine Intervention through God Hates Us All is their weak patch, but World Genocide is a big improvement.
Yeah, a lot of people say that Slayer are a bunch of has-beens, but the new album and Christ Illusion both have some really great songs and are far more interesting than the majority of metal released in the last decade. I really don't think the band has yet lost their relevancy to metal. But Diabolus fucking suuuuucked...

Anyway, I'm having a bit of Slayer withdrawal. I listened to the essentials, but spent a good six hours of International Day of Slayer reading in total silence, so I've been catching up a bit today.

June 09, 2010, 09:22:35 PM
i started the holiday at 5:30am driving home blasting show no mercy, set off some car alarms,got dogs barking and hopefully woke the neighbours :)

June 09, 2010, 10:22:01 PM
Yeah, a lot of people say that Slayer are a bunch of has-beens, but the new album and Christ Illusion both have some really great songs and are far more interesting than the majority of metal released in the last decade. I really don't think the band has yet lost their relevancy to metal. But Diabolus fucking suuuuucked...

Haven't heard the new album, but Undisputed Attitude that came out after Divine Intervention is one of my favorites. Also, "God Hates Us All" has one track called "Bloodline" that I really like. It sounds like a poor-man's Dead Skin Mask, but a good one none the less.

June 12, 2010, 02:21:30 PM
There's good stuff scattered throughout the Slayer catalogue. Starting in 1994 or so, they started trying to break into the mainstream, mainly because below them, the underground death metal had taken over the "most extreme" category that was Slayer from 1983-1989 at least.

Despite it not being the fourth, but the fifth, international Day of Slayer, I think the holiday went off well and we should do it again next year.

June 13, 2010, 06:13:27 AM
Just for posterity and info trivia, a "Hessian History Day" was in embryonic concept form, circa 2001ish. The idea was shelved for about 4 years to reemerge as a Hessian History Month abortion, by accident the same month as Pharmacist Appreciation Month. Later, some brighter folks came up with a National Day of Slayer and a metal holiday finally got some traction.