Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Metalheads as multiculture

Re: Metalheads as multiculture
May 28, 2006, 12:54:46 AM
If anyone has forum accounts elsewhere, National Day of Slayer is very close and a few people around the world have yet to hear the good news. There is only about a week remaining until this international event, held once every thousand years.

http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

May 28, 2006, 02:02:00 AM
Held once every thousand years and happy to live short enough to only see it happen a single time, that is, if I only see stupid peoples 'celebrating' it.

May 29, 2006, 01:54:08 AM
some things that metalheads could do if they could get off their asses:

1.  fight censorship

2.  fight media monopolies

3.  fight environmental devestation

4.  fight homogenization of youth culture

Since when were metal heads ever activists? And what censorship is there thats getting in the way of metal artists. If metal heads want to stop enviromental devestation they could join an environmentalist group.

Think about it, this thread is retarded. A metalhead pollitical party???
yahweh, bring me to valhala

May 30, 2006, 01:39:41 PM
Since when were metal heads ever activists? And what censorship is there thats getting in the way of metal artists. If metal heads want to stop enviromental devestation they could join an environmentalist group.

Heh, obviously a lot of people disagree with your idea that the thread is "retarded." I'm one of them, even though as a non-metalhead I probably shouldn't be posting this. I don't care. The first question you asked is kind of irrelevant, as the point of this thread seems to be that metalheads could BECOME activists for their own culture. And the previous posters, who are metalheads, seem interested in activism. :P
Me? I'm a metal pansy. It's kind of like being a steel magnolia, except we die when we get the shit stomped out of us by real metal fans, instead of just dying in childbirth like that one actress.

June 15, 2006, 01:46:15 PM

IMO, simply being a dedicated metalhead can already be counted as sort of activism.

June 17, 2006, 08:58:03 AM
Before Hessian culture can evolve further the masses need to be educated as to what pure bred metal actually is. To many times I've turned the radio on to hear a band such as 'Bullet for my Valentine' or 'System of a Down' being referred to as Metal, purley due to the slightly louder drums than the average mediocre pop group. As a result the everyday radio listener assotiates these faggots with proper metal and discrimination begins. Therefore in order for Hessian culture to become a multicultural group, we must first ensure that the tern 'Metal' is properly understood and no longer assotiated with idiocy, as it is the one word that a Hessian culture would never beable to shake off.

Maybe its time to start writing to local radio stations with a list of bands that can and cannot be assotiated with metal, as they are obviously incapable of telling the difference for themselves.

June 17, 2006, 03:40:07 PM
Well, System of a Down IS metal. Faggot metal, that is.

But, speaking seriously, everything that doesn't fit in the borders of what is considered "normal" by majority of society, is prone to being discriminated.

Petitioning radio stations is an idea, but it's not highly likely to that it'll have the desired effect.
The term 'metal' is exploited, used as an advertising slogan, due to the image that it conjures in the mind of majority.
As long as big money can be made of it, there's barely anything that can stop record companies and radiostations from exploiting the term.
Perhaps some new trend will remedy the situation.

June 26, 2006, 03:40:20 PM
I think it's time we take the metal identity as a subculture and ram it down the throats of an idiot world. Every other group gets special treatment; let's see what we can get. Our ideals are different, from legalizing murder to indifference to some drug use to postmorality. We need our own areas within society, or our own society. The 2% of metalheads who aren't failures could come together on this one ;)

Reading the main site, I found a lot of writing endorsing separate physical communities for those with different beliefs. What do people here think of specific geographic communities for thinking Hessians/nihilists? For practical purposes it would be hard to achieve, probably, but how do you respond to the idea?
One problem I can see would be the possibility that these communities might turn into tourist-traps, attracting less savory "metal" fans (CoF people).  I don't know. I looked around and the idea didn't seem to be mentioned elsewhere, so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here.
Me? I'm a metal pansy. It's kind of like being a steel magnolia, except we die when we get the shit stomped out of us by real metal fans, instead of just dying in childbirth like that one actress.

June 26, 2006, 07:08:25 PM

Reading the main site, I found a lot of writing endorsing separate physical communities for those with different beliefs. What do people here think of specific geographic communities for thinking Hessians/nihilists? For practical purposes it would be hard to achieve, probably, but how do you respond to the idea?
One problem I can see would be the possibility that these communities might turn into tourist-traps, attracting less savory "metal" fans (CoF people).  I don't know. I looked around and the idea didn't seem to be mentioned elsewhere, so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here.

Many of us are irritated by the socities we live in. It is one of our favourite rants. Thus it seems that a solution would be to encourage like minded people to live together. This is not exactly preserving of tribe or race (at least not explicitly). But I could see a society of Hessians working and living together.

In essence, the practically should not be terribly hard. The hard part is finding enough people with enough money in order to meet within some locality. Much like gathering many interesting individuals for a Demilich concert wasn't overly difficult to co-ordinate just slightly expensive. Worth every penny of expense but, not everyone is as fortunate.

The first few years of existence wouldn't be much of  a tourist trap, you would need to assume that it became popular (kvlt) in order to attract the lazy or brainless.

I wouldn't say that Hessian culture is defined by metal. Nor that the people of this board necessarily let metal define them. Metal is part of my lifestyle but it wouldn't say that it ruled me (the antithesis of the punk scene, imo). Something to bear in mind as you explore metal.

If we assume that no bad metal exists, then the following is true:

Black Metal is a member of Metal which is a subset of Romanticism. I'm sure you can imagine a Venn diagram to graphically see what I'm saying. The Hessians that post here subscribe to the top level: Romanticism as part of their lifestyle. Metal is merely a part of it that we enjoy (artistically).

In short: good idea. I can forsee it occuring sometime in the future.

June 26, 2006, 07:14:12 PM
Also: Metalheads will never become activists or actually become anything noteworthy. But a Hessian might.

June 26, 2006, 07:18:34 PM
It's already been done really. Germany and Sweden already are capitals for Metal-heads.

June 26, 2006, 07:22:36 PM
It's already been done really. Germany and Sweden already are capitals for Metal-heads.

...and most of us have disdained the thought of being a simple metalhead but you somehow felt the above is noteworthy?

Your post is redundant.

June 26, 2006, 07:41:35 PM

...and most of us have disdained the thought of being a simple metalhead but you somehow felt the above is noteworthy?

Your post is redundant.

The constant hinting at Northern European heritage here along with the cultural link of Metal music seemed to simply ask for the simple answer to it. Metal is bigger in those countries, along with some other European ones, then anywhere else in the world. You have American Death Metal bands that struggle touring in the States and they're playing huge shows and festivals in Germany.  It is generally accepted there. There's fall-out in the way of more people into it in a pop like manner, but that’s simply how the scales tilt.  

Though now I've noticed the discussion seems more on some isolated community to live out in some woods, stock pilling arms for "the great coming day" type of ideal. No other music sub culture (save the Neo-Nazi militia community) is divided itself that strongly from the rest of society. So I don't see the point in saying how "intelligent Metal-heads" need a voice if your going for this seperationist view. If not, then again, Germany or Sweden. Take your pick.

June 26, 2006, 07:58:42 PM
The constant hinting at Northern European heritage here along with the cultural link of Metal music seemed to simply ask for the simple answer to it.

Respect is always given to non-Northern Europeans that show a high level of intelligence. We don't need massive gatherings of North European metalheadz, yo.

To re-iterate, the answer is redundant.

Though now I've noticed the discussion seems more on some isolated community to live out in some woods, stock pilling arms for "the great coming day" type of ideal. No other music sub culture (save the Neo-Nazi militia community) is divided itself that strongly from the rest of society. So I don't see the point in saying how "intelligent Metal-heads" need a voice if your going for this seperationist view.

Complete isolation is not the ultimate goal. That would be fatalistic. You have missed the point of this idea or perhaps you haven't read enough relevant material.

I heard anus.com is informative....

June 28, 2006, 04:52:18 PM
This seems to be no better than the ideas the Malcolm X had of a seperate black community. Not practical or achievable. It would need to be made clear how such a society would work, or even be founded, and where it would be.
In a state of permanent Abyss