Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

My Bloody Valentine

piktorio

My Bloody Valentine
April 25, 2006, 05:23:11 PM
My Bloody Valentine
My Bloody Valentine MP3s

My Bloody Valentine

"Noise pop that radiates distorted and inverted sound like prop wash, sustaining an otherworldly sensation of sound."

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (1991) [ CD $1 ]

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (1991, SendItz)

My Bloody Valentine were placed at the forefront of the Dream Pop movement in 1991 when this classic came out. Utilizing layers of atmospheric keyboards, overdriven guitars and eerily delicate singing, this band creates a massive wall of often discordant but harmonious sound that could only be the result of studio wizardry.

Although this album is considerably rock-based and heavily harmonic, it also possesses a sense of melody natural and profound in construction that makes it alien to the scope of most pop recordings. While most songs in the Top 40 rely on inoffensive chord progressions and mildly catchy hooks, frontman Belinda Butcher and co. whisper melodies that seamlessly flow together in steady cadence as if leading the essential song structure by themselves. The result is something appealing but much emotionally deeper than most bands in pop and rock.

I would recommend this album to anyone with a half-decent musical taste but especially to those practitioners in the realm of black metal who could learn from this album. In the musical aesthetic they were seeking, My Bloody Valentine were not that far off from classic Burzum.