Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Equality -- how can anyone believe this?

Re: Equality -- how can anyone believe this?
April 25, 2012, 04:37:53 PM
You don't believe in 'subjective reality'?
Well, we believe in actual reality, don't we?
So what do we get when people abandon actual reality, and subscribe to their own version of it?
Subjective reality.
There are lots and lots of subjective realities, none of which are reality itself.
Look at it as democracy.
Reality is outvoted.
It's, like, a minority, man.
Squawk!

April 25, 2012, 05:04:41 PM
Reality is outvoted.

Funnily enough, I keep coming back to this thought.  Reality is politically incorrect!

April 25, 2012, 05:20:15 PM
Ha! A smart guy. Be real cutting-edge, and dare to inhabit reality.
But use caution. reality is dangerous!
Squawk!

April 25, 2012, 07:25:57 PM
Whites are in the minority this year for the first time in the history of the flagship Texas school, which was segregated until the 1950s.

Fifty-two percent of the Class of 2014 is nonwhite. Black and Hispanic students represent about 5 percent and 23 percent, respectively. Asians account for 17 percent of freshmen.

The demographic shift at U.T. is a bellwether of what is about to happen—and, with little notice, already has, at other universities in Texas, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois and New York—in a country where new Census figures confirm that nonwhites are by far the fastest-growing proportion of traditional-age university students.

http://hechingerreport.org/content/change-has-come-to-u-t-austin-as-minorities-are-now-the-majority_4919/

April 25, 2012, 07:36:39 PM
It's far worse in the UK.
Some schools have 99% non-white enrollment, and almost all are at least 50%.
There are over 400 different languages and dialects spoken by the students.
Imagine!
Squawk!

“No country has been more favorably situated for receiving these blessing than the Queen of the Antilles. Her independence, achieved early in the present century, every enemy banished, or exterminated from her soil, placed in the very focus of civilization, midway between the two greatest nations of the earth, the cynosure of tens of thousands of friendly eyes, the object of Christendom’s prayers, the spot of all others on earth that could command the philanthropists of every nation, possessing a soil of unbounded fertility, a corps of laborers well instructed in the culture of those articles which ever return most renumerative prices, and a climate better adapted to the constitution of its inhabitants than any other under the sun – with all these advantages, it was to be expected that the empire of Hayti would soon assume an important rank in the family of nations, or at least occupy a respectable position as a land of industrious, moral, and thriving men.”

W.W. Wright
November 1859
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

"Equality" doesn't mean that all people are equivalent or equally able. It means equal in the eyes of the law and the social system, and having equal opportunity to succeed at the starting line. For example, in a court of law, your social status would not give you an advantage or a disadvantage - a distinguished person wouldn't get away with murder just because of who he is (especially if his only distinction is something as arbitrary as "royal bloodline"). Of course, in the capitalist system, things work a bit different in practice - whoever has power can also grease the wheels a bit.  I don't see what's so hard for you to understand about this.

Liberals would try to have you believe that things like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P2V2QVvJlt4

...are your equal. Pure and absolute mania.

My equal in terms of what? Voting rights? Property rights? Access to the same social goods and services? The opportunity to interview for the same job as me? Being subject to the same laws?

Which of these do you disagree with, exactly?

I (want to) believe! We're all uniquely equal individuals with infinite potential! Even the majority obese ones who can't put down the Coca-Cola!
I don't know about you guys, but I love my under-120s. They're so cute and funny. Just yesterday one stole my GPS unit and another one took a dump in my yard. Ha ha, they're such cards.

It's far worse in the UK.
Some schools have 99% non-white enrollment, and almost all are at least 50%.
There are over 400 different languages and dialects spoken by the students.
Imagine!
One of the big reasons that the Austrian military collapsed and had to be bailed out by the Germans during WWI was linguistic fragmentation. They drilled in something like fifteen different languages, which sounds really nice from a diversity standpoint, but when push came to shove and they actually had to get something done, that diversity didn't count for much. Food for thought?
Reality is outvoted.
Funnily enough, I keep coming back to this thought.  Reality is politically incorrect!
Yeah, I also find that particular phrase running through my head. It's hilarious, depressing, and infuriating all at once, kind of like modern society in general.

Liberals would try to have you believe that things like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P2V2QVvJlt4

...are your equal. Pure and absolute mania.

You know you've failed at life when even the transsexual community at large utterly rejects you. There was so much pathetic in that video I cringed.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

The morning-after-pill is, of course, cultivation of the ability to get your worldview from nobody else but you.
This is initially far more difficult than it sounds.
It entails being wholly responsible for your own conclusions.
You Are Responsible.
Repeat to yourself, all day, every day, like a mantra, until it clicks into place.
You Are.
Responsible!
Squawk!