Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

November 23, 2004, 09:17:14 PM
Hells Bells,,,

what do you think of this band?
Frosts bashing?

Re: 1349
November 23, 2004, 11:15:10 PM
Frost was very impressive on the album (very quick snare).  I really only enjoyed the first album, the second lost momentum.  Overall though they are just a shadow of the past, but they are a recommendation for bands that are left.

November 24, 2004, 03:09:57 AM
Greetz Phantasm,

I am investigating the prior albums,they are new to me this year so I am behind a bit.

back in september Ravn Called me from Norway and we talked about things with the band and such,he said the new material will carry on to the horizon,in his own words.
he also mentioned that all was well with every aspect of 1349 so they will be marching forward.

when I get the advance copy we will be speaking again live on the air so I look forward to that.

ok Brother,,,Swords Up

November 24, 2004, 07:28:04 PM
I really don't understand the hype with this band. it is predictable, blasting, necro BM at best. The drum sound of the 1st album is the Black Metal equivalent of Lars Ulrich's on the last Metallica CD. Fucking stupid.

November 24, 2004, 09:26:14 PM
Greetz,

Hype? what hype?,
I have not seen any hype about them at all,the very best I found about them is from their promoter Ann who sent us a copy of the latest effort.

I am investigating this band is all I am doing.
BM is BM and I don`t expect them or any other BM band to do something glorious with BM being what it is it will remain.

could you explain your feelings about them?

November 27, 2004, 03:44:30 AM
Greetz,

Hype? what hype?,
I have not seen any hype about them at all,the very best I found about them is from their promoter Ann who sent us a copy of the latest effort.

I am investigating this band is all I am doing.
BM is BM and I don`t expect them or any other BM band to do something glorious with BM being what it is it will remain.

could you explain your feelings about them?

Yes. I don't think they are worth hearing. They offer nothing new. Their riffs are generic. Perhaps my quality control is too high?

The hype: they get media coverage in the major Metal magazines and get good reviews despite their mediocrity.

I saw them live last year. In between lyrics the vocalist would hold his hands upwards to the sky in the "balancing melons pose" favoured by Dan Lilker, and look angry. Embarassingly infantile or authentically evil: the choice is yrs.

"BM is BM and I don`t expect them or any other BM band to do something glorious with BM being what it is it will remain." That's a bit of a shitty defeatist attitude don't you think?

November 28, 2004, 12:07:33 AM
Hails Zapan,

I can see what you are saying but maybe I don`t agree.
perhaps I see metal music in a diff way.

I love metal music,there are some bands that do not grab me fully or at all.some only grab me somewhat.

as I gaze at my likes of the genre I do see that if the riffs work in the right direction then I do like it.

what I mean about bm being what it is is that I don`t look for something special for me to like the song or album,I look for the speed,delivery, "feel" and energy from the track or album.
it if get my ball rolling then they can stay for dinner.

Tell me,what makes any band a great band to you??
perhaps then I can relate to your ideas more.

December 01, 2004, 07:46:16 PM
Great bands are those who lead the way and progress and then die without putting out a series of pointless rehashed albums. I love Master though so this ideal is contradicted even by myself.

Music taste is subjective and not really worth discussing too heavily. But tell me: why have 1349 when you can have Gorgoroth (a much more worthy example of Norse BM)?  

December 02, 2004, 01:59:36 AM
Greetz Zapan,

I indeed do see what you mean,although such band are set to burn out soon after the lighting they become withered very soon.

I suppose I do see it differently.

I will feel like 1349 today and Witchery tomorrow,Hirax on wednesday and then Orcustus on thursday,Drawn & Quartered on friday.

Perhaps I shall keep my lines wide drawn for life.

cheers  

December 02, 2004, 09:50:15 PM
Fuck all of this shit. There's nothing terrible about 1349, they're just  boring Metal Maniacs metal and have nothing to contribute to Black Metal, or any music. Zapan guy pretty much summed it up.

December 03, 2004, 03:34:30 AM
ok by me,,,,,,,