Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

YOUR metal timeline

Re: YOUR metal timeline
January 04, 2011, 10:45:49 PM
'82: born
'88: I like AC/DC
'92: I like U2 and Cranberries because they're more "mature"
'98: I'm introduced to Korn, Manson etc, discover that I like heavy shit
'00: Realise that previously enjoyed music was in fact pop music, start listening to Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Samael, Emperor, and then go on a quest to listen to any underground American "brutal" stuff I can find, eg. Cryptopsy, Eternal Suffering, Pessimist, Deaden, Fleshgrind, Dehumanized, Disgorge
'02: Discover Graveland, and my life gains new meaning. Also listening to stuff like Satyricon, Carpathian Forest, Ulver and Sigh.
'04: Discover Burzum, and my life gains new meaning. I then start to properly appreciate Darkthrone, Mayhem. I go on a quest to accumulate the best black metal in existence. This quest is on-going.
'07: Discover Bathory, and my life gains new meaning. I beat myself up for having ignored them because they're "old 80s stuff".
'09: Gain a renewed appreciation for death metal, recognising Immolation, early Entombed and Dismember as the pinnacle.
'10: Altars of Madness is awesome. Engram is amazing, and helps me to finally appreciate Beherit. Inquisition gains my curiosity.