Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hipster bands cancel AZ making room for metal bands to replace them

Finally, the crowdist Me Generation entertainers leave. Now's the time to get some actual performing and fine arts in their stead.

Since the passing of Arizona's controversial AZ SB 1070, aka "the immigration law," which requires citizens to carry papers to prove their legalized status at the discretion of local police, the music community responded immediately...

http://www.spinner.com/2010/05/28/musicians-arizona-boycott-immigration-law-de-la-rocha-rage/

I used to be somewhat of a fan of Sonic Youth until i read this

Boycotts are merely a form of legal extrotion.  All these bands should be round up into prisons, stripped naked, and forced to make human pyriamids.

I used to be a Rage Against the Machine fan, when I was an anarchist, pot-head, 15 year old.

Now if only Arghoslent could be double-billed with Absurd over there...
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

Now if only Arghoslent could be double-billed with Absurd over there...

Hell, why not get Graveland, Judas Iscariot, and Averse Sefira over there, too?  You could have a tour called "Nazi Hessian Hoedown".

Quote from: square
I'm laughing at the sentiment
That was the intent, so I consider this a success.

Boycotts are merely a form of legal extrotion.  All these bands should be round up into prisons, stripped naked, and forced to make human pyriamids.

I used to be a Rage Against the Machine fan, when I was an anarchist, pot-head, 15 year old.

In all fairness Bob, Sonic Youth is a whole different ballgame than Rage Against the Machine. C'mon man :)
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH

Hell, why not get Graveland, Judas Iscariot, and Averse Sefira over there, too?  You could have a tour called "Nazi Hessian Hoedown".
I certainly thought of Graveland -before anything else, in fact- but does he even play live? Intentionally left out Judas Iscariot ;) Averse Sefira doesn't need the formality of an invitation, as far as I'm concerned.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

Graveland don't play live, though they should (is Capricornus even officially a part of the band, any more?).  I generally don't go to concerts, but if it were Graveland... Listen to some awesome music, have a few pints, and hang out with Polish skinheads.  Sounds like an ideal night out, to me.

I was going to say Burzum, but that's even less likely than Darkthrone playing live again.

NHA

"The racial profiling is aimed at Mexicans. There are illegal Russians, Chinese, Brazilians, Europeans, Australians and Arabs in the USA,"

Mexico is a race now?

WTT trade 10 mexican restaurants for one churrascaria plz.

They're right. About 8 years ago, customs found a stowaway Chinese family and sadly had to deport them. Maybe we are unfairly singling out 50 million people from south of the border.

I don't think any political opinion is valid until you're atleast 18-20. When you're that young, you're generally pretty dumb.

Try this instead:

According to recent findings, the human brain does not reach full maturity until at least the mid-20s.

http://hrweb.mit.edu/worklife/youngadult/brain.html#cortex

That's why when the under 25s are babbling at us, we just smile, nod politely and pat them on their spongy heads. Registration for draft/militia should begin at 15, but full citizenship should wait until after 25. Our laws are antiquated and dysfunctional.

That's why when the under 25s are babbling at us, we just smile, nod politely and pat them on their spongy heads. Registration for draft/militia should begin at 15, but full citizenship should wait until after 25. Our laws are antiquated and dysfunctional.
Who's this "us" you speak of?

Anyway, you can't become a member of the house until 25, senator until 30, or president until 35.  So, we do have certain age restriction laws.  Of course, someone will come along and sue the government for "ageism" and we'll have 16 year olds running the place.