Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

1349-Demonoir

1349-Demonoir
June 04, 2010, 06:37:58 PM
Has any heard this yet? To be quite honest i found this bands last album to be quite compelling and i am curious to know what the concensus is regarding the new album.

I have heard a few new tracks and while it seems like a return to the earlier blasting style that seemed to have won many fans over- No doubt many Marduk fans- these new tracks do seem inspired, tight and contain more in them than mere speed. The ambient tracks seem intriguing as well.

Overall my initial impression is that this is a solid album, although nothing remarkable.

Agree? Disagree?

Re: 1349-Demonoir
June 04, 2010, 07:39:49 PM
Considering how skeptical one tends to be regarding everything that the Norwegian shithole called "modern black metal" spews out, it was definitely a positive surprise, as was their previous "Revelations of the Black Flame" with those psychedelic, careful, suspense metal passages remiscent of Voivod collaborating with Bohren & der Club of Gore.

It's not going to be in the top 10 of the year, but at least it demonstrates how ridiculous Satyricon, Gorgoroth, Marduk and the like have been for the last decade by totally beating them in the norsecore game.