Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

multiculturalism = oppression

multiculturalism = oppression
June 05, 2010, 03:36:39 AM
This guy innocently did something that in our culture is considered brutality. Yet, his own people absolve him of any wrongdoing. It's normal where he comes from, but a high crime to us. The same system that imports him then slaps him with punishment then further punishes innocent citzens who did not want the immigration by taxing them for this hapless guy's lifelong upkeep in our liberal democratic dungeons.

Ali Abdi, a Somal Bantu, was sentenced Wednesday to 20 years to life in prison for sexual assault on a nine year old girl, despite pleas to the judge from two of his children.

bdi's lawyer argued that the case has to be viewed as different from others, because Abdi comes from a different cultural background. Erik Smart told the judge that Abdi fled Somalia and spent thirteen years in a refugee camp before arriving in Burlington. Smart says the Somali Bantu community has forgiven Abdi.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=12586110

Re: multiculturalism = oppression
June 05, 2010, 04:20:57 AM
To say that multiculturalism equals oppression, that sounds pretty definitive. You are implying that our system is not merely broken, but that there is no chance it could be changed so as to accommodate the systems and ways of others? You are saying different systems are inherently incompatible?

Because I would not take our present system as any very good example of how our system could ideally be, if it could ideally be compatible with other systems--right now our system does fuck over others but it also fucks us over too, so it is obviously flawed...

June 05, 2010, 05:50:14 AM
quite easy to speak of the flaws in the American multicultural melting pot when it's someone else's daughter who was raped by Mr. Abdi.  perhaps you could circulate a petition requesting Vermont to recognize Somali law to the fullest and sentence the 9 year old girl to stoning.  do it in the name of fighting oppression.

June 05, 2010, 11:33:37 AM
^or, instead of ignoring what the OP is saying, you could just keep Somalians out.
...further punishes innocent citzens who did not want the immigration by taxing them for this hapless guy's lifelong upkeep in our liberal democratic dungeons.

June 05, 2010, 12:48:12 PM
I think the logical thing to have been done would be to execute him. Cheap, fast, and effective. If you come into another community and break their laws, you can hardly expect them to judge you by yours.

June 05, 2010, 04:42:28 PM
^or, instead of ignoring what the OP is saying, you could just keep Somalians out.
...further punishes innocent citzens who did not want the immigration by taxing them for this hapless guy's lifelong upkeep in our liberal democratic dungeons.

the problem with the OP, in addition to being some of the most liberal propaganda I've ever seen posted on here, is that it opens up the door to moral relativism in the courtroom.  you can then start arguing that socially and economically disadvantaged groups should be tried differently because either (a) they're ignorant to many of the laws; (b) poverty has forced them into crime; (c) certain crimes are not considered crimes within a culture (i.e. I killed this guy because gang initiation required it).  and ultimately you could end up with a sane person's version of an insanity plea.  the idea of keeping Somalians out sounds good to me.

June 05, 2010, 07:51:13 PM

the problem with the OP, in addition to being some of the most liberal propaganda I've ever seen posted on here, is that it opens up the door to moral relativism in the courtroom.  you can then start arguing that socially and economically disadvantaged groups should be tried differently because either (a) they're ignorant to many of the laws; (b) poverty has forced them into crime; (c) certain crimes are not considered crimes within a culture (i.e. I killed this guy because gang initiation required it).  and ultimately you could end up with a sane person's version of an insanity plea.  the idea of keeping Somalians out sounds good to me.
How about conquering Somalia and exterminating all of them to make more room for more intelligent and honorable people? Does that sound good to you?

June 05, 2010, 08:39:32 PM

How about conquering Somalia and exterminating all of them to make more room for more intelligent and honorable people? Does that sound good to you?

Nice false dichotomy.

June 05, 2010, 08:56:31 PM
Nice false dichotomy.
What do you mean? Do you think I was being sarcastic? If you think there is something wrong with what I suggested say it straight.

June 05, 2010, 10:21:27 PM
The only oppression I see here is the raping of a child.  Like someone said, the guy should just be executed.  If he can't be executed because of legal issues, that's a problem caused by the criminal justice system, not multiculturalism.

I'm not defending multiculturalism, and I understand having to keep him alive is a nuisance, but let's not be overdramatic.

June 05, 2010, 11:59:13 PM
The failure to execute might by a problem with the judicial system, but the raping itself was caused by blind support for multiculturalism. That's not overdrama, it's cause->effect.

hoodwink, what you're missing is how obviously sarcastic the OP's liberalism is. It's pointing out the ludicrous nature of such ideas by illustrating one way in which they lead to an insane outcome. Then, to counter such ideas, he posits cultural segregation.

June 06, 2010, 12:57:27 AM
Maybe overdramatic was the wrong word, but blaming multiculturalism for the rape is somewhat disingenuous.  Yes, the fact that he raped someone in the USA has to do with multiculturalism, but the fact that he's a rapist doesn't.  His raping wouldn't become OK if it was done in Somalia.  Sure, it wouldn't be our problem (although I guess it still isn't unless you're from Vermont), but it would still happen.  The problem is this sicko needs to be removed from the gene pool.  Something that superceeds multiculturalism.

June 06, 2010, 01:28:35 AM
I'm trying to navigate this ethical and biopluralism uncertainty along with everyone else. Help a brother out.

I think the logical thing to have been done would be to execute him.

From our point of view, yes. Then, we wouldn't end up further burdening our own for no good reason.

Maybe overdramatic was the wrong word, but blaming multiculturalism for the rape is somewhat disingenuous.

Liberal and libertarian methods can be guided toward conservative and nationalist ends.

The problem is this sicko needs to be removed from the gene pool.

Were his actions dysgenic? If so, is planting a colony of dysgenic actors in our midst good for the gene pool? If not, isn't multiculturalism the problem?

June 06, 2010, 01:39:08 AM
Quote from: scourge
Liberal and libertarian methods can be guided toward conservative and nationalist ends.
Totally agree.  I generally prefer libertarian methods whenever possible.

Were his actions dysgenic? If so, is planting a colony of dysgenic actors in our midst good for the gene pool? If not, isn't multiculturalism the problem?
I'm not sure his actions necessarily count as dysgenic since the girl was 9 and I assume pre-pubescent.  However, allowing him to reproduce would be dysgenic.  If he's executed or spends life in prison, then he won't reproduce (although he apparently has some children already).  If he's allowed to be free in Somalia, he will probably continue to reproduce.  I wouldn't use this line of reasoning to argue that multicultralism is good because it allows us to snatch up rapists and other undesirables.  However, this certainly indicates that this issue specifically is not merely or primarily a result of multiculturalism

June 06, 2010, 02:05:17 AM
Okay, but multiculturalism = oppression. We're basically luring people over to coerce them into doing things Anglo-Celtic way and having our own people who do not want the immigration pay for all of it including a supporting bureaucracy, welfare, education, and rehabilitation, none of which have a great record of results among non-Anglo-Celts. This seems like by far the biggest problem because the effects are so widespread and deeply embedded and the return for the gargantuan investment is questionable.