Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Maiden's New Album, New Single... New Eddie!

X

Metal overlords Iron Maiden have finally unveiled a ton of details about their forthcoming 15th studio album The Final Frontier, including an official release date, a new single available as a free download, a massive world tour kicking off this week... and a shocking new incarnation of Eddie, their beloved monster mascot. We've served up tons of  Maiden morsels for ya, so hit the jump and read on!

The band has just confirmed that The Final Frontier is now on track for release August 16th, but in the meantime fans can download the first single El Dorado at the band's official site. According to frontman Bruce Dickinson, the track will also be performed live on their upcoming Final Frontier World Tour, which kicks off tomorrow in Dallas. “We thought it would be great to thank all our fans and get them into The Final Frontier mood by giving them this song up front,” Dickinson announced. The epic 77-minute, 10-track album will also include titles like The Alchemist, The Talisman and Starblind.

http://www.fearnet.com/news/b19280_maidens_new_album_new_single_new_eddie.html

New single "El Dorado" for download here http://www.ironmaiden.com/download/index.html

Hmmmm...kind of boring unfortunately....and that cartoon computer-art  Eddie(or whatever it's supposed to be) is bloody horrible....bring back real artwork please.

Ahhh Bruce is as corny as ever. They're such great songwriters but I seriously doubt there will be anything significant on this album.

At first listen I thought there was something very fishy about that verse-riff, and I wasn't wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OETblpJX5Zc

I never thought I'd see the day where I could say "Darkthrone did it first" when speaking about Iron Maiden.

"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH

^ Hmm - at first blush I thought the main riff - that now criminally overused Maiden gallop -  sounded distressingly like Heart's 70's classic "Barracuda." Nothing to see or hear here sadly.

^ Hmm - at first blush I thought the main riff - that now criminally overused Maiden gallop -  sounded distressingly like Heart's 70's classic "Barracuda."

This is amazing, because it illustrates the power of context and structure; when I hear that Heart song, I still think it's heavy, and about heavy moods. While "El Dorado" doesn't even feel like heavy metal, it's just an approximation.

Wow.  This Barracuda song is pretty damn good.

Barracuda blows the piss out of this song.

Just to clarify - I should have been clearer in that I meant it sounded like the Heart tune in a weak and derivative manner. "Barracuda" itself, as I noted, is a bona fide classic!!

One of the riffs sounds like Cat Scratch Fever.

All of rock 'n' roll, including most classic riffs and the use of power chords, descends from European folk music and its transition from mandolin/lyre to guitar and the consequent adjustment of tuning/fingering. This new Maiden sounds pretty good to me. It's the candypop style they started on Number of the Beast and really found on No Prayer for the Dying, but it's solid. My favorites from them will always be the first two albums, which are miles ahead of anything else they've done.

My favorites from them will always be the first two albums, which are miles ahead of anything else they've done.

I agree with this....too bad most idiots think that Bruce is the only Maiden singer, and then when they hear those first 2 albums they just don't get it...fucking losers.

My favorites from them will always be the first two albums, which are miles ahead of anything else they've done.

I agree with this....too bad most idiots think that Bruce is the only Maiden singer, and then when they hear those first 2 albums they just don't get it...fucking losers.

I also prefer Clive Burr's drumming by a large margin.