Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Prince Charles says Islamic thought is good for the environment

This has little to do with the topic, but I wonder if Adam Gadahn still listens to metal (I read he called it demonic metal music). Maybe he may have fallen into weakness and listened to it after conversion :)

It's easy to know why he called it demonic (it is demonic), but we all know that for most bands it's really a metaphor. But it would be weird for a guy whose religion dennounces the devil to enjoy to music speaking in favor of him, that's why he must now not like it. The brain can change, but I don't believe he would not enjoy the music anymore. It would be denied only for the demonic lyrics

It's maybe just a coincidence but Charlemagne vanquished the pagans and spread the Christianity to Europe, and now it's Prince Charles who helps the spreading of Islam in Europe.
They both have the same name. Funny isn't it?

How exactly is he helping the spread of Islam to Europe?  As far as I can tell from the topic title and the first post, he's helping the spread of "Islamic thought" - specifically with regard to the natural world.

This summer I am volunteering to plant trees in my city as well as do Forestry Policy research for an ENGO. Reading the Koran aint gonna do fuck.

Who said anything about reading the Koran?

Cargést, maybe your friend should speak again and tell us in more detail what his actual opinion on the matter is?

Because as I see it, he clearly said that:

1. Most people believe that Islam = fanaticism.
2. Islam is not fanaticism.
3. A more sustainable relationship between man and nature will require most people to participate.

And the implication:

4. The best solution to the problem is to accept the lie (1) and look somewhere else for information on how to improve said relationship.

I disagree with (4), and still believe that he in fact implied it. Do you not see this, also?

I doubt he believes it to be a "problem", to be perfectly honest.  He's simply stating Reality.

So, you want to replace "problem" with another word and otherwise agree that he implied (4)? That is good news!

However, whether he is stating reality or not, we could still discuss.

Lets not forget that all North African and Middle Eastern countries that have oil, mine and export that oil - the Islamic states included.

So, you want to replace "problem" with another word and otherwise agree that he implied (4)? That is good news!

However, whether he is stating reality or not, we could still discuss.

You're entirely missing the point, which is that he's implying nothing.  He is, as I've said numerous times before, simply making statements.

As far as I can tell from the topic title and the first post, he's helping the spread of "Islamic thought" - specifically with regard to the natural world.

I agree here: he's saying we should pay attention to the idea of submission to the order of nature.

He picked a bad metaphor, but then again so did Slayer, and look how it has blossomed.

As far as Islam goes, I just don't like Arabic or turbans.

Just like Greek, Arabic sounds foreign to Germanic ears and, since human beings are sometimes like dogs in that they bark at what they don't know, might at first not give the impression of a beautiful language. But I can assure you that both Greek and Arabic are beautiful languages. I could even give you a metaphysical reason for this, but I suspect you won't be interested in it. So let's just say that Arabic is objectively a beautiful language. Turbans-- what is not to like about them? Also, turbans are not compulsory in Islam.

Greek is a beautiful language, I can accept.  I have heard Arabic to be spoken both well and hideously, though.

Diversity fucking fails in all forms.