Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Coloured Vinyl Feedback

Coloured Vinyl Feedback
June 16, 2010, 04:41:44 AM
I've been waiting for a few records now to pop up on black vinyl, some old, some new, I was wondering if anyone had purchased some of the following.  Im waiting to find a copy of "Engram", but so far i have only seen the green variant.  Im also looking for "Haunting The Chapel" but i have only seen the double LP with "Live Undead" pressed on purple vinyl.  Does anyone have any of these colored vinyls?How is the sound quality?  I know some colored vinyls sound like shit and I dont want to waste the money on poor quality vinyls. Let me know guys.

Re: Coloured Vinyl Feedback
June 16, 2010, 05:09:03 AM
i had "Hell Awaits" on 180gram pink vinyl. It sounded awesome

June 16, 2010, 05:20:04 AM
re: sound quality: as with all vinyl, it's only as good as the pressing plant that makes it.  average weight colored vinyl should be ok as long as the people who handled it were competent.  heavy weight colored vinyl (higher than 150) should be avoided.  picture discs are only suitable for collector's purposes and will nearly always sound like crap.

one thing further, most present day reissues of metal albums, and many initial pressings are being sourced from digital (read: CD) masters.  there's very little point in buying any of these items unless you (a) don't notice a difference between a properly mastered record and a CD pressed to vinyl; b) found some limited edition pressing that you anticipate will appreciate in value; (c) are a completist.  you can save yourself a lot of money wasted on subpar vinyl by doing some research first. 

June 21, 2010, 04:35:34 AM
There is nothing wrong with buying coloured vinyl these days. In the 80s, coloured vinyls used to of poorer quality, now this is not the case.

July 03, 2010, 06:35:08 AM
If OP or anyone else is still interested in obtaining a copy of "Engram" on black vinyl, they have it at Osmose.

http://www.osmoseproductions.com/item/2/0-110402-1215-1-0/114251599/beherit-engram.html