Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Teitanblood, Grave Miasma, Vasaeleth, Cruciamentum, and Grave Desecration

There's a recent spate of these "simplified Incantation/Demoncy" bands.

The only one I like so far is Cruciamentum; they vary just enough to be a solid B level death metal band.

Teitanblood and Grave Miasma are so obvious it's just painful to listen. I'd like to love this, or I'd love to like it, but I don't want to listen to it again.

Re: Teitanblood, Grave Miasma, Cruciamentum
July 08, 2010, 11:39:18 PM
Teitanblood hit it big with the war metal crowd. This a good example of a band that "sold in". Kvlters ate them up because of their obscure artwork, 180 gram vinyl DLP, flashy interludes, and Blasphemy aesthetic.

July 09, 2010, 03:08:07 AM
I don't know. I wouldn't describe Teitanblood as being anything near Incantation or Demoncy. Their primary approach is something like a very dirty thrash/speed metal style (maybe Morbid, early Mayhem and South American bands) mixed with something like Inquisition-type black metal or Blasphemy as mentioned. Most of their output did not impress, but something about Seven Chalices had a very Necros Cristos feel to it that clicked well with me.

Otherwise, I agree with the rest of OP's observations. Having enjoyed Goat Molestör's work, I was looking forward to Grave Miasma's EP when it turned out to not be very impressive. It was just too linear and predictable to be highly enjoyable, much like the rest of these kind of bands. I'm also on the lookout for newer bands to impress me, but it's hard to come by. A few that come to mind are Demoniacal Possession, Cruciamentum, and Embalmed Souls. Also Kerasphorus, but there is a thread here somewhere about that already.

July 09, 2010, 03:18:41 AM
Teitanblood really didn't do anything for me. I didn't see what all the fuss was about. I liked the artwork for their "Seven Chalices" album, but that's about the only positive thing I can think of. Grave Miasma I just checked out the other day; didn't seem too bad, but seemed to be really really derivative. Haven't heard Cruciamentum yet.

On the topic of these "war" metal type bands, I've really been enjoying Mystifier lately.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

Cruciamentum is definitely the pick of the bunch.  Teitanblood is just insulting.  Grave Miasma has lost some of its luster after several listens.  As usual, my enthusiasm gets the better of me.  The same goes for Dead Congregation and Vasaeleth.  Both bands are ripping off Incantation and both albums get more and more obvious the more you listen to them.  Thank god for my MP3 player!!!
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

I do not agree with that assessment of Dead Congregation. Yeah, they're a bit of a ripoff, but I feel their releases thus far exhibit exceptional songwriting and concept execution, exceeding every other band mentioned in this thread. tl;dr - Their music hasn't gotten old on me, and I've been listening to them for a solid two years so far. This is subject to change, but I don't think it will.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

The best band in this sub-sub-sub-genre is pretty clearly Father Befouled, assuming that bands like Blaspherian and Imprecation don't count.

I can't imagine frequently listening to any of the bands in the thread title.  Teitanblood's first demo is the best thing done by any of them, and can at least hold my attention to the duration of the entire recording, although the full length sure did suck a lot of dicks.  The other mentioned bands are too boring to consider listening to more than 5 minutes of.

I'd like to love this, or I'd love to like it, but I don't want to listen to it again.

What kind of a feeble comment is that?

Ever got back from the pub after a few drinks, smoked some marijuana and then engaged in feral, animalistic, urine enhanced fucking with your girlfriend? If you ever get the opportunity to do so, throw on some Teitanblood and see if things work out for you, but I'm guessing folks here are too busy stroking their cock rods to 90s "original classics" and posting endlesly on the internet about how worthless modern Heavy Metal is to engage in such behaviour. Honestly, how fucking tedious... just like these bands, yup?

I'd like to love this, or I'd love to like it, but I don't want to listen to it again.

Ever got back from the pub after a few drinks, smoked some marijuana and then engaged in feral, animalistic, urine enhanced fucking with your girlfriend? If you ever get the opportunity to do so, throw on some Teitanblood and see if things work out for you, but I'm guessing folks here are too busy stroking their cock rods to 90s "original classics" and posting endlesly on the internet about how worthless modern Heavy Metal is to engage in such behaviour. Honestly, how fucking tedious... just like these bands, yup?

The fact that you like these bands that were criticized in the original post makes it difficult for me to take you seriously. If you would have worded your argument in more neutral and explicative terms than maybe I would have been able to think of it as something else other then the rant of an enraged fan-boy.
Classicism in art, royalism in politics, Catholicism in religion

The best band in this sub-sub-sub-genre is pretty clearly Father Befouled, assuming that bands like Blaspherian and Imprecation don't count.

I can't imagine frequently listening to any of the bands in the thread title.  Teitanblood's first demo is the best thing done by any of them, and can at least hold my attention to the duration of the entire recording, although the full length sure did suck a lot of dicks.  The other mentioned bands are too boring to consider listening to more than 5 minutes of.

I'd count Father Befouled as part of it. Maybe Blaspherian, but not Imprecation as they pre-date this entire pseudo movement.

Dead Congregation stands out as the best band for me along with Father Befouled.
No.

The fact that you like these bands that were criticized in the original post makes it difficult for me to take you seriously. If you would have worded your argument in more neutral and explicative terms than maybe I would have been able to think of it as something else other then the rant of an enraged fan-boy.

Uh.. Pretty sure it's the admitted urolagnia that makes him a joke, more than his taste in music.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

Yet another band that fits very well to the category being discussed here("cave metal") is Antediluvian.
Their song Solarburst

Its definitely tough to come by quality acts these days within the "Blasphemous Death Metal" underground... the only release that I can come to think of that had somewhat potential to be above standard but was ungraciously plagued with indecipherable riffing would be (IGNIVOMOUS - Death transmutation)... aside from that nothing really grabbed my sack.  I think I'll go blast some PURTENANCE now : )

I don't really agree with the assessment on Teitanblood. Admittedly it took me a long while to fully grasp the sound but I actually very much enjoy the album now. To me it seems certain people hate bands like Teitanblood, Grave Miasma (examples that are mention here), etc because they simply can. We can sit here all day and talk about how bands rip-off other bands and explain how that is the reason they are frowned upon but then the only bands we wouldn't be frowning upon are the original few that started it all. Certain bands might be similar to others but hey, who gives a flying fuck? If their music is good that's all that I care about.

I don't really agree with the assessment on Teitanblood. Admittedly it took me a long while to fully grasp the sound but I actually very much enjoy the album now. To me it seems certain people hate bands like Teitanblood, Grave Miasma (examples that are mention here), etc because they simply can. We can sit here all day and talk about how bands rip-off other bands and explain how that is the reason they are frowned upon but then the only bands we wouldn't be frowning upon are the original few that started it all. Certain bands might be similar to others but hey, who gives a flying fuck? If their music is good that's all that I care about.

:sigh: Thus is the tried and failed argument. I don't "hate" Grave Miasma and Teitanblood, but nothing about their music deems deep appreciation. On the surface it's all fine, but why care about just the surface? I also sense a bit of ad hominem underlying your argument "they hate them because they can". No, we dislike them because they're ultimately unremarkable and the same sound has been done before, and better, by other bands.

What dictates "good" anyway? "If their music is good that's all I care about" - That's a pretty blatant cop out.
No.