Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Keillers Park

Keillers Park
July 12, 2010, 12:46:19 PM
With everyone getting excited about the Lords Of Chaos movie I thought it would be a good warming up to have a look at this other masterpiece of film making. I'm not sure why Keillers Park isn't mentioned more often around here, it is an accurate depiction of the events around Jon Nödtveidt's involvement in murdering a lowlife homosexual and comes highly recommended to those interested in the Swedish black metal underground scene. I even dare say that it will be tough for Lords Of Chaos to beat this little gem.

Some scenes from the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWAd7llgisw (trailer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV_Lago8LrY (murder scene)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=077UtUWGQOA (prison scene)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY6-tWp1ijE (theme song)

Re: Keillers Park
July 12, 2010, 04:41:00 PM
Many people want to know what it's like to kill someone, so they find people they consider degenerate and remove them; like shooting stray dogs. While this could be a positive trend, if we don't follow the rule of law, we become savages. We need better leadership that's going to remove bad people, not lynch mobs.

I fucking hate lynch mobs. Blind, thoughtless, carnivorous beasts of resentment.

July 13, 2010, 12:07:44 AM
I prefer order as well. Screw chaos, it's mostly just people acting stupid. Most people already live in chaos in the sense that reason follows actions in their lives. Like a common hooligan all they care about is aesthetics and the thrill of the moment.

But I should add that I think wanting to kill someone just for the experience is silly and seems very much like a product of hollywood movies. There would normally be some kind of experience attached to it, say for instance someone has read Homer or seen Black Hawk Down (for all I care) and wants to experience war. I'd call that healthy, they can join the army and serve their country. But most "wannabe killers" have seen too many Tarantino movies or listened to too much gangster rap, and all they want to experience is a feeling of power because in reality they live very powerless (weak) lives. I consider most school shootings an example of this.

The thing is that murder is an incredibly diverse thing, kill an enemy soldier during war and you might not feel a thing, kill an unfaithful lover and you may have a very emotional experience. So if someone kills just for the sake of experience what would they feel? Probably no more than a faint mirror of a junkie's rush when he injects heroin after having spent the whole night hustling for his dope. No wonder most wannabe killers end up as mere drug addicts!

That said, I think Bard Faust or Jon Nödtveidt's involvements in homocide had more to do with the reality they lived in and the philosophies they adhered to. I'd compare their actions to those of an alien creature visiting this planet instead of those of a thrill seeker. I assume any popular media would try to paint the BM scene off as thrill and attention seekers and those types obviously do/did exist in the scene. But Faust always seemed to me to be someone of average intelligence whereas Nödtveidt seems above-average intelligence, both have been capable of describing the motives for their actions and based on old interviews I am under the impression it had more to do with the way they viewed life than a desire to experience murder. I wouldn't go as far as calling them idealists but they simply lived up to an ideology which didn't correspond with the laws of their country. Since they can reasonably explain their actions society can't call them insane, just very antisocial and "dangerous thinkers"

Of course this isn't the case with all metal-related murders, the reasons for Absurd and Varg Vikernes to kill their enemies was a lot more personal. And typically most of the copy-cats can't explain their actions beyond "I did it for satan" which is often a prelude to "I've had a very tough life and you should all feel sorry for me"

July 14, 2010, 10:56:46 PM
Many people want to know what it's like to kill someone, so they find people they consider degenerate and remove them; like shooting stray dogs. While this could be a positive trend, if we don't follow the rule of law, we become savages. We need better leadership that's going to remove bad people, not lynch mobs.

I fucking hate lynch mobs. Blind, thoughtless, carnivorous beasts of resentment.

...and so easily swayed to turn on their betters.