Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Mystifier

Mystifier
July 09, 2010, 06:33:30 AM
On the topic of these "war" metal type bands, I've really been enjoying Mystifier lately.
Wicca and Goetia deserve ANUS review treatment.

Mystifier
July 09, 2010, 02:54:48 PM
Wow. That's pretty funny.

Regardless of their basketball team status, I think their first two albums are worthy of B+/A- status. "Wicca" drags on a bit in the later half and has those silly processed vocals, so I'd class it as a B+. I don't see anything wrong with "Goetia" other than it is a tad overlong, and that keeps it from being an A.

Back on topic. I was introduced to Grave Desecration the other day (similar to the bands mentioned in the OP). Geez, that shit was dull beyond belief. I appreciate the aesthetic of a lot of these bands, and most of them seem honest, but the music simply doesn't hold up in 95% of the cases to the bands they idolize.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

Mystifier
July 09, 2010, 05:16:37 PM
I think their first two albums are worthy of B+/A- status. "Wicca" drags on a bit in the later half and has those silly processed vocals, so I'd class it as a B+. I don't see anything wrong with "Goetia" other than it is a tad overlong, and that keeps it from being an A.

I'll go with a B- mainly because over half of each album is unfocused, chaotic riffing that gets rather boring fast. However, when they're "on" they make some powerful, quasi-mystical but mostly just unnerving metal.

I agree on Grave Desecration. They should be in the title.

Re: Mystifier
July 12, 2010, 11:30:30 PM
Anyone who plans on attending the NWN fest in Germany, be sure to take some video of these guys (and of course, OFC, Blasphemy, et al).
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.