Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Mystifier

Mystifier
July 09, 2010, 06:33:30 AM
On the topic of these "war" metal type bands, I've really been enjoying Mystifier lately.
Wicca and Goetia deserve ANUS review treatment.

Mystifier
July 09, 2010, 02:54:48 PM
Wow. That's pretty funny.

Regardless of their basketball team status, I think their first two albums are worthy of B+/A- status. "Wicca" drags on a bit in the later half and has those silly processed vocals, so I'd class it as a B+. I don't see anything wrong with "Goetia" other than it is a tad overlong, and that keeps it from being an A.

Back on topic. I was introduced to Grave Desecration the other day (similar to the bands mentioned in the OP). Geez, that shit was dull beyond belief. I appreciate the aesthetic of a lot of these bands, and most of them seem honest, but the music simply doesn't hold up in 95% of the cases to the bands they idolize.

Mystifier
July 09, 2010, 05:16:37 PM
I think their first two albums are worthy of B+/A- status. "Wicca" drags on a bit in the later half and has those silly processed vocals, so I'd class it as a B+. I don't see anything wrong with "Goetia" other than it is a tad overlong, and that keeps it from being an A.

I'll go with a B- mainly because over half of each album is unfocused, chaotic riffing that gets rather boring fast. However, when they're "on" they make some powerful, quasi-mystical but mostly just unnerving metal.

I agree on Grave Desecration. They should be in the title.

Re: Mystifier
July 12, 2010, 11:30:30 PM
Anyone who plans on attending the NWN fest in Germany, be sure to take some video of these guys (and of course, OFC, Blasphemy, et al).