Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Cavalera In Wonderland...

Cavalera In Wonderland...
July 13, 2010, 03:21:28 AM
You know that old saying that people never change? Or... you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHOSjT8gQXY

This guy has been tapping into more and more of that old sleeping Death Metal consciousness since the late 2000's. The Cavalera Conspiracy put out an album that sounds like this too... I don't have it though so I can't comment on it.

I'd like to see Max Cavalera take his current bands and redeem the damage already done, with more tracks like the one linked above. It's clear that he can still write that type music.

Re: Cavalera In Wonderland...
July 15, 2010, 12:03:58 AM
That whole album is pretty damn good. That opening track is nothing compared to others on the album, such as Fall of the Sycophants, Doom, or Paranoia

July 15, 2010, 12:44:31 AM
I can't believe that I'm witnessing praise for Soulfly on ANUS.

Oh, and that song sucks, and some tremolo picking won't save it.

July 15, 2010, 02:54:56 PM
This sounds like what ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME? would be if they all didn't contract AIDS from Anselmo's used hypodermic needles. SNORE.

July 16, 2010, 06:35:26 AM
Even Lamb of God has produced better work than this.

July 16, 2010, 06:45:22 PM
It's very mediocre, the good thing I witnessed in this song and in Carved Inside is that this liberal sick person named Max has re-invented the raw-ness of thras and tries to be raw, this is good, but the stuff is mediocre (the exceptions and the rest is bad) and................. think that four persons including this asshole, released Beneath the Remains and Schizophrenia.... You are old, your spirit has fallen, goodbye

July 16, 2010, 11:48:08 PM
It's very mediocre

That's quite an understatement....

July 17, 2010, 12:10:02 AM
It's very mediocre, the good thing I witnessed in this song and in Carved Inside is that this liberal sick person named Max has re-invented the raw-ness of thras and tries to be raw, this is good, but the stuff is mediocre

I'm glad someone finally realized what I was trying to say.

I can't believe that I'm witnessing praise for Soulfly on ANUS.

Oh, and that song sucks, and some tremolo picking won't save it.

There's no Soulfly praise here, it's just a clear observation that Max Cavalera is slowly edging towards more extreme music again. Apparently the newest Soulfly album sounds like a poor-man's Celtic Frost; The Cavalera Conspiracy is trying to emulate Slayer/Minor Threat Crossover on the newer, in-progress album; this is all GOOD, that's all.

Look at the name of the topic before you go ahead and gain ANUS points by saying  "nuke this thread." This guy made Nu-Metal for almost two decades after a clean sweep of pure Death Metal proginating albums.

All I'm saying is that this is a step in the right direction if he wants to shed the bullshit he's caked himself with for almost 20 years.

July 25, 2010, 05:04:04 AM
Come now, it's only slayer slowed down, can't remember which one, but the ridd at the beginning was copied and slowed down. The rest is a very lame variation on it.