Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Enslaved cancels show with christian BM band

Good news. Great drama. His rant also offers some insight to the motivations and inspirations of christian BM bands, as well as the pathetic excuses, hypes and lies that they base their careers on.

Show with Enslaved cancelled & why.
Hail all,

We regret to inform you that our show with Enslaved, which was supposed to take place on 20th of October in 'De Kade', Zaandam, has been cancelled.

The reason for the cancellation was that, after some mails from certain narrow-minded individuals, the management of Enslaved got the impression that Slechtvalk is some kind of evangelizing metal band in veins of Stryper.

According to the management, Enslaved does not to play with religious or political motivated bands.

Anyway, there are many rumors spread throughout the internet, concerning the ideology of Slechtvalk, some might have some truth behind it, others are greatly exaggerated or a fantasy created in the imagination of people who have never met us, heard our music or seen us perform.

We feel it's time to shed some light on the matter:

As Slechtvalk was formed in 1999 by me (Schaamhaar) and I write most lyrics for the band, I will tell you a bit about myself:

During my highschool years I've started to listen to metal, first Metallica, then bands like Obituary, Six Feet Under, Death, Moonspell and My Dying Bride. After a few years I discovered blackmetal, first Unlord, then Dawn, Dark Funeral, Marduk, Immortal, Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir etc. etc. Blackmetalmusic really connected with me, so I started some experimental blackmetal projects of my own. Because of the religious subject of most blackmetal lyrics I started to question myself what I personally believe.
At the time I knew or cared little about christianity, save for the meaning of some holidays. Because of the hatred displayed towards Christianity in the lyrics of several of the aforementioned bands and in the attitudes of many metalheads, I wanted to know more about Christianity. "What is so terrible about it to hate it with such a fury", I wondered. I read the Bible and it connected with me, just like blackmetal did. Although I saw many differences between the theory of the Bible and the practice of several christian groups or individuals over the course of history, the theory seemed sound and valid to me and I saw no reason to dismiss that, just because some people misused it as a means to oppress people.

After a year, during the last year of Highschool, I wrote 'Falconry' (which was to be Slechtvalk's debut album) , which contained rather explicit Christian lyrics, but at the time I hardly had a clue about lots of things and just wrote the lyrics that were expected of me, or to keep some christian people in my direct neighborhood satisfied and off my back.

I've always hated it when people try to force their views on me and I scared myself after 'Falconry' to discover that I was turning to be just like one of those people. I had finally grown up and no longer allowed myself to be influenced by other people's narrow mindedness or force my own views on others, but wanted to discover my own path and give others the opportunity to do the same.

That’s why when Slechtvalk plays live, we just want to enjoy ourselves and give people a good show to look at and good music to listen to. All bands we've played with can tell you that we've kept our own views to ourselves, unless we were asked to share them and always showed respect if they disagreed and just drank a beer together and enjoyed good music.

Greatly inspired by the works of Tolkien and many short stories I've written in the past for my own use, I've decided to create my own fantasy-realm and write my own saga, based on all the things I've experienced in my own life. The lyrics for Slechtvalk became like a journal/diary to me. A means to convey my own experiences, fears, pains, pleasures and hopes (or the lack of hope) into an interesting mythical fantasy story. This has been the base for all Slechtvalk lyrics ever since our 2nd album 'the War that Plagues the Lands' and especially for 'A Forlorn Throne', which I've written in the last few years, when I was severely depressed and just wanted to die and knew many others who considered or tried suicide as well. In the end it was faith that kept me going, or rather the fear and anger towards God, because as much as I tried to dismiss Him from my thoughts, I already have seen too much to be able to do that and knew myself too well, but eventually I found peace with Him, though there are many things I still have questions about. I'll never know everything until the day I die, but that does not stop me from trying to find out certain things anyway.

It is true that parts of the stories I write reflect my personal view upon life, but in this aspect it's not very different by the works of Tolkien which contain many elements of his own Catholic belief.

If that is a reason for you to boycott Slechtvalk or something, then that is your choice. We actually don't care, we love playing the music we do and give the audience a good time, whether there are 100 or 1000 people present and there are many people who are not interested in any band's "Ideology", but just want to hear good music, played by people who love metal.

Slechtvalk's debut Album "Falconry", which is considered to be very controversial based on its lyrical content, has sold more copies than most other Black/viking metal releases and with the later albums Slechtvalk has earned respect throughout the entire scene and has proven itself to be one of the best dutch BM acts. Our latest album 'A Forlorn Throne' has received excellent reviews throughout Europe even with all the controversy about Slechtvalk's "ideology" and several already have hinted it to be one of the top extreme Viking/black-metal releases of 2010.

With our music we've proven that metal flows through our blood and in the past 10 years we've showed that we respect each person's opinion and that we keep our own views to ourselves, unless asked about it. We just ask you to do the same.

Hails to you all and horns up!

Schaamhaar of behalf of Slechtvalk

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=151586218&blogId=537046782

+2 for Enslaved for not humiliating themselves by sharing the same stage with these whiny losers.

Breaking News: Enslaved does something correctly for the first time in over fifteen years. Details at eleven.

I disagree.  For that last 10-15 years Enslaved has been distancing itself from all of its controversial past.  Anything that seemed somewhat threatening to political correctness was moved away from in order not to threaten sales or reputation.  Now, thanks to Secular Humanism's dominance, even overt Christianity is considered offensive, and the Enslaved management team can't have their international cash cow band anywhere near that stink. 

It's still weakness, but just coming from a different direction.  Just because they are avoiding Christianity, deosn't mean they are suddenly neo-pagan warriers again.   Besides, their albums are garbage now.  Who cares what they're against...

The point is christian BM lost a battle and that's good news. Why is that so hard to understand? If it was Slipknot who canceled a gig with Slechtvalk I'd be grateful too, at least they'd have some sense then. You don't understand the position of Slechtvalk in the Netherlands, they're well-known and loved among the "weekend metalheads" and hated by the more extreme fans. I remain thankful to Enslaved for canceling the gig.

I disagree.  For that last 10-15 years Enslaved has been distancing itself from all of its controversial past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXKNMxGvULQ#t=7m21s

What kind of pseudonym is "Schaamhaar" (pubes)?

I disagree.  For that last 10-15 years Enslaved has been distancing itself from all of its controversial past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXKNMxGvULQ#t=7m21s

I actually was pretty surprised when I heard them say it, but it still seems like a secular humanist opinion, just like when you hear people constantly complain that Christmas and Halloween are pagan holidays, as if they are taking a huge stand by saying that. 

The correct answer is not "Oh they deserved it, because they did it first", which is more equality bullshit, but rather "Germanic paganism is the way of my people, and I will defend it even if Christianity doesn't deserve it, because that is the way of my people, and I will not recognize any Eastern religion over the ways passed down in my land."

But maybe I'm just getting picky.  What he said in this clip is still pretty controversial to a lot of people, and he gets at least partial kudos.

Hail Tranny, or is it Granny..
I follow with more than a bit interest the discussion about cancel the Gig from Enslaved with Slechtvalk.
Slechtvalk is one of the Dutch leading blackmetal bands for years, and they are doing that with more strength and dedication than the fist full off posers how call them self’s blackmetal mob dudes.
So how are you to call them whiny losers?
First hang out your own success, and then fuck that from another, kids play………….make some fist to extreme religions how are taking over slowly and then cut our hair a bit too far below our neck...
But that’s to tricky, it far easier to scream and mock to Christians because they don’t beheaded people at once..
Lets talk about music and styl, dont loose your energie with this stupid discussions, aaaaahhhhhh

Hail Tranny, or is it Granny..
I follow with more than a bit interest the discussion about cancel the Gig from Enslaved with Slechtvalk.
Slechtvalk is one of the Dutch leading blackmetal bands for years, and they are doing that with more strength and dedication than the fist full off posers how call them self’s blackmetal mob dudes.
So how are you to call them whiny losers?
First hang out your own success, and then fuck that from another, kids play………….make some fist to extreme religions how are taking over slowly and then cut our hair a bit too far below our neck...
But that’s to tricky, it far easier to scream and mock to Christians because they don’t beheaded people at once..
Lets talk about music and styl, dont loose your energie with this stupid discussions, aaaaahhhhhh

I can't tell if this is trolling or serious.

HEY YOU KNOW UNTIL YOURE IN A SUCCESSFUL "BLACK" METAL BAND U HAVE NO RITE TO JUDGE EVERYONE ELSE CUZ LEIK ITS JUST UR OPINION - that's what I got from this.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

HEY YOU KNOW UNTIL YOURE IN A SUCCESSFUL "BLACK" METAL BAND U HAVE NO RITE TO JUDGE EVERYONE ELSE CUZ LEIK ITS JUST UR OPINION - that's what I got from this.

I think you're giving him too much credit.

Are you in Slechtvalk, associated with the band, or dating a band member?

Slechtvalk is one of the Dutch leading blackmetal bands for years,

Now now, I know dutch black metal is pretty awful, but there's no need to be THAT insulting about it.

There's so much meme material in blackassailant's post.

"dont loose your energie with this stupid discussions" Did he refer to himself in the third person?

Is his user name supposed to be racist?

Once agian, too much credit.