Dark Legions Archive
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

America should have avoided making black metal

I believe there is a difference between authentic black metal like Demoncy and antichrist flavored metal. There is room for each but they are distinct.

I believe there is a difference between authentic black metal like Demoncy and antichrist flavored metal. There is room for each but they are distinct.

You consider Profanatica antichrist flavored metal? which bands are you talking about?

black metal is more about hate than traditions , in the US black metal scene at least, and living in an all out conformity and a religious country can really bring out the hate in you, Norwegian black metal bands proved and still proving a constant degrade and selling out, apart from a few bands left underground the scene in Norway is almost completely full of shitty bands that makes me wonder if black metal is gonna stay pure for long, but German and US black metal scene are all in all keeping their pace at an all in all good rate,
some black metal bands i think are worthy from the us :
 Judas Iscariot
Krieg
Sapthuran

P.S : Judas Iscariot have more creativity than all of the bands in norway these days combined...so dont fucken compare gods to insects...

P.S : Judas Iscariot have more creativity than all of the bands in norway these days combined...so dont fucken compare gods to insects...

THESE days.

Back in the early 1990s, some of the most fantastic black metal was made in Scandinavia, and even the best of Judas Iscariot's material can't measure up to a lot of it.

Unless I missed it, I'm shocked no one mentioned either

Inquisiton (South America and now North) or
Grand Belial's Key

Unless I missed it, I'm shocked no one mentioned either

Inquisiton (South America and now North) or
Grand Belial's Key

Yeah, and I'm shocked that nobody mentioned a slew of other meaningless bands...  This thread ought to be renamed "name-drop your favourite (shitty) non-Nordic black metal band to prove how great the American/German/Martian/Buttfuckland BM scene is/was..."

Who would have thought a discussion about American black metal would involve naming American black metal bands!

USA, Germany and UK all sat out black metal for some reason. Theory: they were busy succeeding with death metal or power metal at the time.