Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Immolation, Arsis, Disma - Webster Hall, NYC July, 28 2010

If you are in the greater tri-state area, a fine way to spend a Wednesday night!   

http://www.last.fm/event/1560300+Immolation+at+The+Studio+at+Webster+Hall+on+28+July+2010

Disma was recently added to this - for those not aware, Disma is Craig Pillard's (formerly of Incantation) new band. Excellent old school DM!

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Sounds like a great night, but what are Arsis doing on that bill?

^ No idea really - seems there always has to be at least one oddball!! Good time to go take a leak, get an obnoxiously expensive beer, scope the merch booth, etc... 

Damn it. I'll be busy that night. I'm actually ticked that I can't see Disma as I've been looking forward to their new release.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

Was at the show last night and with the exception of Arsis, who were borderline embarrassing to watch, it was a pretty terrific offering of death metal.  Of particular merit was Disma, who were absolutely mammoth.  They played a number of new songs that are to be released shortly on a 7" which were perfect old school death metal.  The tracks from the demo sounded incredible in a live setting, and dwarfed what you've heard on that cassette.  In short, if you're lucky enough to live in the NY tri-state area, these guys are not to be missed.

Show was excellent. Arsis was - well, just what you would expect, and thus, no need to comment. Immolation, were rock solid, and I never fail to enjoy them live...and I've seem them plenty times in that arena! Disma were fantastic - all that so-called "old school" Death Metal is supposed to be. Pillard is still in wonderful voice - one of the best vocalists DM has ever had in my own opinion. They are definitely "one to watch" for future releases.   

For a hot Wednesday night in NYC, it was ideal...if you ignored Arsis, of course, which I was largely able to do with little effort.   .