Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

bbs.anus.com

bbs.anus.com
July 30, 2010, 10:12:41 PM
No one is going to ask about the sodomy jokes or any of the memes hidden in the website code? Lame, lame, LAME! ;)

I couldn't find any sodomy jokes:-(

I feel like the tard who got left behind (see what I did there?).

I do actually have a question for ANUS staff: ever think of starting up the bbs anus boards again? True, wouldn't be much different from what these threads are, but it could provide for more structured discussion about philosophy/politics/whatever instead of just a 'Chasm' on the metal forums.

bbs.anus.com
July 31, 2010, 12:02:20 PM
How are "The Chasm" and "Aether" any different, save for the name and the novelty of one sitting on a metal forum and the other being a subset of a Nihilist forum (plus how can you separate the two in the first place)?

It's no loss imo.

bbs.anus.com
July 31, 2010, 12:12:23 PM
How are "The Chasm" and "Aether" any different, save for the name and the novelty of one sitting on a metal forum and the other being a subset of a Nihilist forum (plus how can you separate the two in the first place)?

It's no loss imo.

nihilism (forum) = metal (forum)? really? Okay, kind of a straw man, but I think a Nihilist forum is a different concept than a 'Chasm' section on a metal forum. But maybe that's just me.

Well, to be fair, my original question wasn't well worded (and misrepresented what I wanted to say). It should have been something like: Ever think of starting ANUS forums similar (conceptually) to the bbs anus forums of the past? Also, it wasn't a request or anything. Just a vague wondering. Whether it's a "loss" or not is something I haven't really thought about.

bbs.anus.com
August 01, 2010, 05:47:07 AM
There was an explanation at one point as to why the Anus/Corrupt forums were closed.  You might do well to either track those comments down here or ask a moderator if you're that curious.

Otherwise the content of the "Chasm" section strikes me as nearly identical to the old Anus forum, with the possible exception of racial/cultural topics.  But I could be confusing forums here.  

At any rate, why not just post topics here that you feel would have fit in with Aether?  If it has substance and doesn't degenerate into a shouting match then it probably won't get deleted.

Re: bbs.anus.com
August 01, 2010, 04:01:57 PM
There was an explanation at one point as to why the Anus/Corrupt forums were closed.  You might do well to either track those comments down here or ask a moderator if you're that curious.

Otherwise the content of the "Chasm" section strikes me as nearly identical to the old Anus forum, with the possible exception of racial/cultural topics.  But I could be confusing forums here.  

At any rate, why not just post topics here that you feel would have fit in with Aether?  If it has substance and doesn't degenerate into a shouting match then it probably won't get deleted.

Have tracked down (wasn't hard,hehe,the convenience of searching...) the other bbs.anus.com thread. Seems there was no verdict as to whether there was a plan (or not) to bring it back.

For now though, I think you are right, Arctic Sun. Until a clear direction and good motivation can be found (see the linked thread above), starting up another bbs.anus/corrupt/cadre forum right now wouldn't serve much of a purpose. Isn't it teh bestest when you answer your own questions (and would not have needed to ask if you weren't so lazy to search in the first place?)?

Re: bbs.anus.com
August 01, 2010, 10:51:49 PM
There's http://news.freespeechproject.com/ which redirects to reddit.com/r/new_right, it functions as a impermanent list of articles relating to the New Right, which contains articles and topics regularly touched upon in the Chasm forum. You  can submit links or submit "selfposts". Conservationist participates and moderates there under the nick mayonesa and I think the other moderators are also member of this forum.

It has the tree-style comment threading talked about in the earlier topic (linked in the previous post above) about bbs.anus.com. Be warned that most of the other "subreddits" (as they're called) are cesspools. Might also be of interest to participate in the Metal subreddit (reddit.com/r/metal); it regularly has crap but things Conservationist submits and other good articles are listed on the frontpage for quite a while so you reach out to at least a few hundred people.